silenced

Cookeville, TN

#21 Dec 4, 2009
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't run anyone out of business. They all moved elsewhere. That is how all the crazy rumors get started. Plus things change and money and partners are an issue. It is their building to do as they want and change plans as they want. Penney's has a very long lease and others didn't. when the lease was up, it wasn't renewed. That is a business person's perogative. They don't answer to you. also, you are no reverend to spread rumors and lies. According to you, you know no facts, just spread around what you "heard"! BAD BOY!
I agree with you-on the point that you should be sure you know things first hand before you speak on them. Do we know for a fact, however, that the person you are replying to was not an owner or manager of one of the businesses that were once in the mall? They may have first hand knowledge.

Regardless I do have first hand knowledge and I am also privy to information (written, not verbal by the way) that I am not the only one that has experienced some very ugly dealings.

And yeah, I have also heard stories from nearly every tenant that I have known to have rented from them, and though I can't speak on those "word of mouth" problems after you hear so many with the same theme and procession of events and results you start believing there is some part of truth to it all.

Think about it, how many buildings are they currently renting out of all the ones they have on the market? And of those, how many of those tenants have been where they are very long? How many of their leased buildings have you seen repeatedly change owners?
Enough

Cookeville, TN

#22 Dec 4, 2009
silenced wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe this say something negative about the company and/or the owner(s) and let it get back to them. If you come out untouched you will be blessed.
I have several times and even was against them in court for another issue that wasn't relate to this thread. Believe me when I say no one in this town is afraid of them I know about the disrespect of one brother and he is a jerk. The other one, not so much. People they have known and went to school with had to testify against the them. They had no pull whatsoever in the courts regardless of what people may think. I still say they run a decent company even though I have been at odds with them. You can't be in a business as many years as they have and not have legals issues. I have had several myself just in the normal course of business. I would work for them.
4sure

Gainesboro, TN

#23 Dec 4, 2009
Resectability can be bought. Especially within some chuches. It,s just another company write-off expense. A lot of times, friends in high places allow low behaviour. If it walks like a duck.............
3rd base

Mcminnville, TN

#24 Dec 5, 2009
the bad thing is cookevilles manufacturing has went down the tubes, for someone that has skills and great work history,can pass drug test,etc. but theres no work here.im not with j&s but its good to see a local company still hangin on!
j s bad

Fayetteville, AR

#25 Dec 5, 2009
3rd base wrote:
does any of you work there or know someone that does,what kind of a company are they.
I worked for a company that did some work for them on a job site.The superintendent initials GJ was a total nightmare.He would never have anything positive to say about anybody or anything.He was constantly going around running all the other subcontractors work down.On the other hand the work that J and S did was some of the most crappy work I have ever seen.I went around when they were not looking and put a level on the walls they built and didn't find one single wall level. But he would take the client around and point out all the other subcontractors mistakes but he didn't point out any of their crappy work.And since they hold the contract you can't say anything about it.And also the brother that they all say is the nice one came out on the job and he seemed to be a total jerk as well.Think twice before you take a contract from them.To be fair about it the contractors said that most of their other supervisors were not as bad as GJ.I wouldn't hire them for anything just because of him.
Huh

Cookeville, TN

#26 Dec 5, 2009
4sure wrote:
Resectability can be bought. Especially within some chuches. It,s just another company write-off expense. A lot of times, friends in high places allow low behaviour. If it walks like a duck..........
No, respectability cannot be bought. What are you talking about that It's just another company write-off expense? That makes no sense at all. I agree with your 4th sentence though.
Losers

Cookeville, TN

#27 Dec 6, 2009
Jab and Stab continue to stick to people I see. John and Jack will be considered terrible people, I also went to church with one of the owners and I can tell you that smile of his makes anyone want to beat it of his face. Never NEVER Never trust anyone who has the last name of Stites.

Good day
bad

Cordova, TN

#28 Dec 10, 2009
Losers wrote:
Jab and Stab continue to stick to people I see. John and Jack will be considered terrible people, I also went to church with one of the owners and I can tell you that smile of his makes anyone want to beat it of his face. Never NEVER Never trust anyone who has the last name of Stites.
Good day
They build relationships.Bad relationships.
Works

Cookeville, TN

#29 Dec 10, 2009
I dont care if they are jab and stab or how they build relationships. Im just glad to have a job and would work there because i know they have stayed in business and can make there pay roll each week. As long as you do your job you will have a job there. I dont get involved in there world. I stay in mine and work hard for my family. That is what Im suppose to do. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.
J and S are C

Mckenzie, TN

#30 Dec 10, 2009
Screw all of you that stick up for this dump hole company.
The End
Worked There

Cookeville, TN

#31 Dec 10, 2009
J and S are C wrote:
Screw all of you that stick up for this dump hole company.
The End
If you don't like them then don't work there. Simple as that.
j and s sloppy work

Maryville, TN

#32 Dec 11, 2009
bad wrote:
<quoted text>They build relationships.Bad relationships.
They do nit pick their subcontractors to death while the work they do on the jobs is sub par at best and they do not nit pick their own work.Yes they do take the clients around and point out the mistakes of the subcontractors while ignoring the sloppy work their people do.They try to make the clients think they are being real picky and trying to do a real good job.At the expense of the subcontractors but some of the clients are not stupid enough to ignore their sloppy work.Slimeball outfit.Stay away.
John and Jack

Cookeville, TN

#33 Dec 13, 2009
I wonder how long the owners of JandS will get away with low grade work with out some one saying something.

Yes they are crooks and yes I think they use there Christianity to gain contracts over better people. As far as the way they lease or sell I have heard many people getting screwed by them on lies and back dealings.

My advice is stay away there about themselves and not for the good of others. If want to work for them just understand everything before you enter a agreement.

But as someone else said it's a paycheck, but use caution on what they tell you or what you do. Low grade work can follow you to other opportunities.
enlightenme

Maryville, TN

#34 Dec 17, 2009
John and Jack wrote:
I wonder how long the owners of JandS will get away with low grade work with out some one saying something.
Yes they are crooks and yes I think they use there Christianity to gain contracts over better people. As far as the way they lease or sell I have heard many people getting screwed by them on lies and back dealings.
My advice is stay away there about themselves and not for the good of others. If want to work for them just understand everything before you enter a agreement.
But as someone else said it's a paycheck, but use caution on what they tell you or what you do. Low grade work can follow you to other opportunities.
Well the game they play is lead the client around and bash everyone else's work but not their own.Alot of things will never be noticed but when they point things out then it becomes an issue.
humping

Maryville, TN

#35 Dec 20, 2009
I heard John and Jack are tag teaming on other men.
David

Monterey, TN

#36 Dec 23, 2009
I approve this
HOTT

Nashville, TN

#37 Dec 23, 2009
The son, Ben Stites, is HOTT!!!!! he was my teacher in highschool, and i would have done him!
Kidding me

Maryville, TN

#38 Jan 9, 2010
So I see this forum is still out to get our old friends JAB AND STAB.

I went to school with John and I can tell you that boy is NOT at Christian however he comes across.
Rev Clark

Maryville, TN

#39 Jan 9, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't run anyone out of business. They all moved elsewhere. That is how all the crazy rumors get started. Plus things change and money and partners are an issue. It is their building to do as they want and change plans as they want. Penney's has a very long lease and others didn't. when the lease was up, it wasn't renewed. That is a business person's perogative. They don't answer to you. also, you are no reverend to spread rumors and lies. According to you, you know no facts, just spread around what you "heard"! BAD BOY!
No you are wrong Mr know it all I was their and seen what they did,you go to any of the busines that were there before and ask how they were lied to by J&S, they all had a meetting of all the stores and told them how they were going to make things better for the stores and do all this fixing the Mall up and all, but all they did was wait on their lease to run out, you sir don't know what you are talking about. Get a life !
Wish

United States

#40 Jan 10, 2010
Rev Clark wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are wrong Mr know it all I was their and seen what they did,you go to any of the busines that were there before and ask how they were lied to by J&S, they all had a meetting of all the stores and told them how they were going to make things better for the stores and do all this fixing the Mall up and all, but all they did was wait on their lease to run out, you sir don't know what you are talking about. Get a life !
I wish everyone that has been wronged by them would join together and make it all public The community needs to know the truth. If a group of people told their stories then it would be harder for anyone to be persecuted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saturday Group Breakfast 5 min Steve 24
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min miss tuffet 148,977
Officers need to be professional 1 hr Canine Vengeance 18
CHS Football 1 hr kudos to you 3
All is Not Good in Algood (Feb '14) 2 hr concerned 669
Where will I make the most money as a waitress? 2 hr BrokeCollegeGirl 4
phentermine diet clinic (Feb '11) 3 hr jay 64
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••