J & S Construction
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
3rd base

Shelbyville, TN

#1 Nov 30, 2009
does any of you work there or know someone that does,what kind of a company are they.
oldtruck

Monterey, TN

#2 Nov 30, 2009
3rd base wrote:
does any of you work there or know someone that does,what kind of a company are they.
Here we go again. You, or someone just like you, tried this just a few weeks ago. Don't you ever know when to shut up?
Enough

Jasper, TN

#3 Nov 30, 2009
oldtruck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. You, or someone just like you, tried this just a few weeks ago. Don't you ever know when to shut up?
My thoughts exactly and you said what I was going to say!
3rd base

Shelbyville, TN

#4 Dec 1, 2009
why dont both of you suck one. impresive how people think they can read minds!
silenced

Monterey, TN

#5 Dec 3, 2009
I wish I could give you an honest answer, but there are severe consequences when you speak out about them.
Enough

Jasper, TN

#6 Dec 3, 2009
silenced wrote:
I wish I could give you an honest answer, but there are severe consequences when you speak out about them.
This is an anonymous thread silly. You can say what you want without any consequences! Oh the drama and BS!
metoo

Monterey, TN

#7 Dec 3, 2009
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an anonymous thread silly. You can say what you want without any consequences! Oh the drama and BS!
Why don't you run a check on Cyber Libel and then read the terms of agreement from Topix before you give out that kind of silly advice. Freedom of speech does not give you the freedom to say what you want without any consequences!
Enough

Jasper, TN

#8 Dec 3, 2009
To metoo: If something said is true then it isn't libel. Why don't you study up on the definition of libel before you give out that kind of silly advice.

There have been other threads on here talking about them and guess what? NOTHING HAPPENED!
3rd base

Shelbyville, TN

#9 Dec 4, 2009
wow,there must be issues with the company, i know they have a h*ll of an application.
Jerry

Jasper, TN

#10 Dec 4, 2009
There are issues with any company. No more issues there than any other construction company. Disgruntled employees get on here all the time and slander their employer. They aren't perfect but they have been in business for years and they wouldn't still be in business if they couldn't run one. You will have a more stable job there compared to less stable construction companies, especially with the instability of the construction industry.
metoo

Monterey, TN

#11 Dec 4, 2009
Enough wrote:
To metoo: If something said is true then it isn't libel. Why don't you study up on the definition of libel before you give out that kind of silly advice.
There have been other threads on here talking about them and guess what? NOTHING HAPPENED!
nothing happened, yet.
metoo

Monterey, TN

#12 Dec 4, 2009
3rd base wrote:
wow,there must be issues with the company, i know they have a h*ll of an application.
application? this is a hands-on operation. the owners are right there and they know their employees and want to know about them before they come on board
Enough

Jasper, TN

#13 Dec 4, 2009
metoo wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing happened, yet.
It was months ago, and why would anything happen if it were true? There is nothing to worry about as long as it is true. If someone is giving an opinion, there is nothing anyone can do since it is just an opinion. I will state my opinion any time I want. Some have the opinion that it is a good place to work and other's don't. Some hate their boss and others get along well. This isn't libel or slander. If you slandered them and got fired then they can do that but they can't do a thing about topix other than get a thread deleted if they want.
Enough

Jasper, TN

#14 Dec 4, 2009
metoo wrote:
<quoted text>
application? this is a hands-on operation. the owners are right there and they know their employees and want to know about them before they come on board
I agree with you here. They still have an application as it is required, especially when you have a work comp claim with an employee. The first thing the the insurance wants to see is their application (to see if they lied about their history) when the employee wants to sue. I have hired people that came from there and I have worked with the company before. Former employees have said that they are all about work and to leave any drama or personal problems at home. I like that because I hate hiring people with a lot of personal drama and the misery they bring to work with them everyday. I'm also all work and don't want to deal with everybodies issues.
eastwood

Monterey, TN

#15 Dec 4, 2009
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
It was months ago, and why would anything happen if it were true? There is nothing to worry about as long as it is true. If someone is giving an opinion, there is nothing anyone can do since it is just an opinion. I will state my opinion any time I want. Some have the opinion that it is a good place to work and other's don't. Some hate their boss and others get along well. This isn't libel or slander. If you slandered them and got fired then they can do that but they can't do a thing about topix other than get a thread deleted if they want.
Go ahead, make my day!
lemon

Monterey, TN

#16 Dec 4, 2009
I go to church with one of the people that own j s construction, what I know is that he is outspoken and a little rude to others in the church but so are all with money in this town. I would not work for someone like js construction however the economy is bad so who knows.
RevClark

Maryville, TN

#17 Dec 4, 2009
3rd base wrote:
Well I have heard that they will lie about what their intentions are. Like the Cookeville Mall They told the shops that were still in business at the Mall that they was going to make it better, but all they did was run everyone out of business and shut the Mall down. Except for JC Penny's.
silenced

Monterey, TN

#18 Dec 4, 2009
I believe you may have thought I was an ex employee, that is not the case.

You may have thought I was silenced because of fear of libel, that is not the case.

You are correct, they are a construction company, and they make money doing so and have for years, but that is not the only business they are in.

As RevClark said there are issues with their leasing company, known also as XI Investments.

While they build relationships with corporations and institutions like churches, the large ones they make money off of, they are not running with the best reputation for their treatment of business tenants.

You may get some answers if you ask the right questions, but it will not be on this forum. I know from personal experience that things written or said, even when true, do have consequences, and they are heavily dished out from the bottomless pockets of the owners.

On a side note regarding the church they attend, if you do just a little research online you will see he was even removed from the church for disrespect to the Elders (though quite a while later he was re-accepted)

Just remember, looks and images and money, and sometimes even a prayer and a smile can be deceiving.
silenced

Monterey, TN

#19 Dec 4, 2009
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe this say something negative about the company and/or the owner(s) and let it get back to them. If you come out untouched you will be blessed.
Wow

Jasper, TN

#20 Dec 4, 2009
RevClark wrote:
<quoted text> Well I have heard that they will lie about what their intentions are. Like the Cookeville Mall They told the shops that were still in business at the Mall that they was going to make it better, but all they did was run everyone out of business and shut the Mall down. Except for JC Penny's.
They didn't run anyone out of business. They all moved elsewhere. That is how all the crazy rumors get started. Plus things change and money and partners are an issue. It is their building to do as they want and change plans as they want. Penney's has a very long lease and others didn't. when the lease was up, it wasn't renewed. That is a business person's perogative. They don't answer to you. also, you are no reverend to spread rumors and lies. According to you, you know no facts, just spread around what you "heard"! BAD BOY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
black people are slaves to democrats 1 hr Mark 16
Two guys shot at Jewelry Store!! 1 hr asking 6
History lesson 2 hr LameAnswer 4
Aggression on both sides 7 hr White Privilege 45
Teachers are Dumb 8 hr The wonder years 63
The fight 8 hr In the name of love 4
Dr. Stuber 9 hr Soul searching 2
Chad Huddleston 9 hr Sad 28

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web