First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Say hello to my little friend”

Since: Jan 10

Cookeville

#1 Feb 9, 2010
Does anyone remember the names of the officers that were stationed on the roof and in the back room a few years ago in the Market at Jere Whitson and Dixie when a botched under cover hold up attempt was made on the store? I believe a clerk died that day. Hence its nick name now " Murder Mart"
wtk

Cookeville, TN

#2 Feb 11, 2010
Was this the Bread Box?
Ed J

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3 Feb 12, 2010
Yes, I remember that and was living down the street at the time. I believe the killer was Eric Miller. He actualy got away from the officers and was not captured until the next day.
friend

Cookeville, TN

#4 Feb 12, 2010
Jeff Judd was the victim and a friend of mine.It was ignorant of the police to use him or any other clerk on that deal. Would have been wiser to use an officer in such a risky situation.
wtk

Cookeville, TN

#5 Feb 12, 2010
This was a disaster waiting to happen. I agree with you, one of the cops should have replaced the clerk.
The next disaster was the cops involved in this
murder were all given promotions.
wtk

Cookeville, TN

#6 Feb 12, 2010
McClain, White, Bandy outside across the street from the store. Gragg and Raines inside the store in a back room.
Remember

Cookeville, TN

#7 Feb 12, 2010
The cops tracked Eric and even found where he crapped in the woods! That came straight from an officer that tracked him, and a detail I wish I could forget. YUCK!
huh

Tullahoma, TN

#8 Feb 13, 2010
Remember wrote:
The cops tracked Eric and even found where he crapped in the woods! That came straight from an officer that tracked him, and a detail I wish I could forget. YUCK!
You obviously must really want to forgot since you just posted it on topix.
kmart_posse

Mcminnville, TN

#9 Feb 13, 2010
things like dis doan happin where da blue light spins
hello

Cookeville, TN

#10 Feb 15, 2010
Who needs the Murder Mart?
Now here's the tricky part
Oh, won't you rhyme with me?
Not me!
Forget the Murder Mart!
Goodbye to Murder Mart
Not me!
Say what

Manchester, TN

#11 Feb 15, 2010
What and where is this 'murder mart'? never heard of it :S
Hmm

Shelbyville, TN

#12 Feb 16, 2010
I have lived here a long time and never heard about this.. What exactly happened? Under cover hold up? How does that work? how would cops have known the store was going to be held up? A little info would be much appreciated
Hmm

Shelbyville, TN

#13 Feb 16, 2010
Say what wrote:
What and where is this 'murder mart'? never heard of it :S
It is a few blocks down from TTU on the corner of Dixie and Jere Whitson.
Apu

Mcminnville, TN

#14 Feb 16, 2010
hello wrote:
Now here's the tricky part
Oh, won't you rhyme with me?
Not me!
Forget the Murder Mart!
Goodbye to Murder Mart
Not me!
Homer's a delightful fellow
sorry bout the samonella...
wtk

Monterey, TN

#15 Feb 17, 2010
Hmm wrote:
I have lived here a long time and never heard about this.. What exactly happened? Under cover hold up? How does that work? how would cops have known the store was going to be held up? A little info would be much appreciated
This was in the 1980's not sure the exact year. Cops had INFO that the place was going to be robbed.
Ed J

Saint Petersburg, FL

#16 Feb 18, 2010
Eric told friends he was going to rob the store. One of them called the police to warn them. He got scared and shot the clerk. Police didn't catch him that night. He went to a local preacher who encouraged him to turn himself in. I'm not sure if he turned himself in or if the police tracked him down. Eric was 18 got life in prison. He's up for parole in 2025.
Hmm

Shelbyville, TN

#17 Feb 18, 2010
Wow what a sad story. Now I see why I hadnt heard of it. I agree with the above posters the cops should have never let that store clerk be put in that position. Hopefully it was a lesson learned. So sad that people who are law abiding and try to help the police have lost their lives.
anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#18 Nov 21, 2010
yall are stupid! they just ran a story on it this past year. there was no cops around and nobody ever got caught. Yes, the guy was shot, a customer came in and found him dead, hence the name...MURDER MART. it was and still is a unsolved case, happend in the early 70s. pshh...buncha damn children on here...three of the cops you named arent and werent cops...they are fire fighters...big difference.
thats right

Sparta, TN

#19 Nov 22, 2010
anonymous wrote:
yall are stupid! they just ran a story on it this past year. there was no cops around and nobody ever got caught. Yes, the guy was shot, a customer came in and found him dead, hence the name...MURDER MART. it was and still is a unsolved case, happend in the early 70s. pshh...buncha damn children on here...three of the cops you named arent and werent cops...they are fire fighters...big difference.
Do you have a link to the story that was run this past year?
anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#20 Nov 22, 2010
no herald citizen makes you pay to see any past articles now you have to buy them. you can go to the library and find it in like ten minutes...but who wants to go to the library lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael TYrone Johnson 1 hr welfare ghetto loser 16
Infinity birthing center 3 hr Former patient 13
Robert Horton (Mar '13) 14 hr just wandering 22
Autism caused by shots? 20 hr fleegle 3
Dogs off leash... Sat Chris Rogers 3
Wendy Sat Chris Rogers 2
Seat Belt Ticket Law Sat Chris Rogers 4
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE