UCDD - Lets Take Back the UC!

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Take Back

Manchester, TN

#1 Feb 22, 2012
Can we petition the State and Federal Government to stop sending funds to UCDD temporarily? Can we demand that they hold this money in trust until all executives and the board have been replaced? How can taxpayers get this done because ALL OF OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS WERE ON THIS BOARD??? What are we to do? Do you think that the Governor would be able to help the entire Upper Cumberland victims (taxpayers) to overhaul the entire districts officials? Does EVERYONE understand how horribly wrong this is? Who can we trust? How many board members really knew and how many just didn't care and let her do whatever? Either way, this is disturbing no matter how you slice it!

I am really stressing out about this! I mean these are critical issues. We can't just let this board lay 100% of the blame on Wendy. We need to OPEN OUR EYES ALL THE WAY and realize the board PROMISED to be our (taxpayers) protectors!!! They were to be the oversight to how Wendy handled the projects and the funds. We CANT TRUST ANY OF OUR CURRENTLY ELECTED OFFICIALS!!! I want to know what they are doing on their other public duties??? I mean not a single one of those numerous board members even so much as blinked an eye on this! See why I am stressing out?

Praying for a way to surface so we can oust everyone and start fresh, we CAN NOT TRUST ANY OF THESE OFFICIALS to do the job they promised us (taxpayers) they would do!

This is serious, and we need to organize and create a plan of action! I am so fearful of what is to become of this! If you want to organize (maybe via webex/go to meeting or we can meet in person whatever everyone is comfortable with) we can set meeting times and notify of the date and time and only approved folks will be notified. We need people that really know the law. We need some communicators to be our voice. We need some accountants to look at the records independently. We need almost EVERYONE(of course no one involved in the current situation)!

Email me if you are interested in organizing. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT. We are a whole district that needs to handle our business, and do it quickly, effectively, and legally. We need to take back the Upper Cumberland!!!

[email protected]
amused

Woodbury, TN

#2 Feb 22, 2012
You have to realize that the UCDD is NOT the one who built Living the Dream. Cumberland Regional Development Corporation is a seperate corporation with a totally seperate Board of Directors. There may be a few on both boards but not the majority. UCDD's Board would have no direct knowledge about what CRDC was doing unless they had reason to specifically ask.

UCDD is mainly comprised of dedicated employees who make it their mission to get the funding to provide as many services to the poor and underpriviledged in the upper cumberland region. It is not fair to judge the entire organization on the actions of the Executive Director and the corrupt finance department that allowed the actions to continue.

The UCDD has helped many people in the UC region to get services like utility district water, sewer, fire trucks and ambulances, housing repairs, meals on wheels, senior citizens centers, etc. Unfortunately the good things that this organization has done are being overshadowed by the actions of a few.

Don't judge the entire agency on the actions of a few.
Take Back

Manchester, TN

#3 Feb 22, 2012
I am not directing this towards UCDD...Only Wendy, the Executive Board and all other Board Members that hold an elected position for any entity involved. Period. No one else.

I am not judging employees of UCDD, to the contrary! I want them to keep their jobs and get this trainwreck back on track sans Wendy Askins!

I want the UCDD to do the work they are tasked to do, just sans Wendy & those other folks who care less.

Note to current employees! We need you too! You know your job and we just need to remove the cancer and move forward sans Wendy and the board.
good idea

Manchester, TN

#4 Feb 22, 2012
Here are the oaths they all made to us!

http://www.ctas.tennessee.edu/public/web/ctas... $FILE/OATHS2006.pdf

I emailed you!
out of work

Altamont, TN

#5 Feb 22, 2012
That is why I think it is such a great idea to go to LTD after the meeting Friday, and sit in. Maybe have a ham and a glass of Merlot, or Chardony -- Did I spell that right?
for realz

Harriman, TN

#6 Feb 23, 2012
I will be there Friday! Im gonna email you too! We need to shove our boot up all these peeps asses on the way out!
Take Back

Harriman, TN

#7 Feb 23, 2012
Ok guys! I have been really busy getting this figured out.

On page 35, we have instructions on how we can go about removing all these elected officials.

http://www.rutherfordcountytn.gov/pdfs/ctasgu...

I spoke to another representative from outside our district and we have their support when we do get organized.

Who is with me? I cant do this alone, if you are truly sick of our government lets take it back!
crazy

Cookeville, TN

#8 Feb 23, 2012
What?
Daniel

Cookeville, TN

#9 Feb 26, 2012
agreed
howd u like them apples

Altamont, TN

#10 Feb 27, 2012
Worth mentioning
Name The Board

Shelbyville, TN

#11 Feb 27, 2012
Can anyone give the names of the UCDD board members? That would be a start in not re-electing them.
take a fancy shower

Maryville, TN

#12 Feb 27, 2012
i want to take a fancy shower and then slide down the fancy stair rail.
out of work wrote:
That is why I think it is such a great idea to go to LTD after the meeting Friday, and sit in. Maybe have a ham and a glass of Merlot, or Chardony -- Did I spell that right?
howd u like them apples

Altamont, TN

#14 Mar 3, 2012
I would like to go riding on one of those horses that's in the petting zoo.
loltrutat

Cookeville, TN

#15 Mar 3, 2012
I'm with you on this but it will be hard to find a judge that will sign and approve our actions to get then all out of their seats with each co. After all I'm sure they're buddy buddy with everyone on that board.... Unless we can find some judge with balls of steel....
agree

Cookeville, TN

#16 Mar 3, 2012
for realz wrote:
I will be there Friday! Im gonna email you too! We need to shove our boot up all these peeps asses on the way out!
A little tar and feathers wouldn't be a bad idea to go with that boot.
howd u like them apples

Altamont, TN

#17 Mar 3, 2012
@ Name the Board go to the UCDD website and there will be a list of all 14 counties involved with all the board members. County Executive and City Mayors. That is a lot of people.

I think that it may have to be judge from that County to boot someone. And with the good ole boy network around these parts, you might as well forget it. Sorry for the bad news.

@ agree and for realz Is something going on this Friday? Or is this an old post? That looks like an old post.
What

Harriman, TN

#18 Mar 15, 2012
amused wrote:
You have to realize that the UCDD is NOT the one who built Living the Dream. Cumberland Regional Development Corporation is a seperate corporation with a totally seperate Board of Directors. There may be a few on both boards but not the majority. UCDD's Board would have no direct knowledge about what CRDC was doing unless they had reason to specifically ask.
UCDD is mainly comprised of dedicated employees who make it their mission to get the funding to provide as many services to the poor and underpriviledged in the upper cumberland region. It is not fair to judge the entire organization on the actions of the Executive Director and the corrupt finance department that allowed the actions to continue.
The UCDD has helped many people in the UC region to get services like utility district water, sewer, fire trucks and ambulances, housing repairs, meals on wheels, senior citizens centers, etc. Unfortunately the good things that this organization has done are being overshadowed by the actions of a few.
Don't judge the entire agency on the actions of a few.
You are wrong CAIC is represented in UCDDs audit reports!
amused

Woodbury, TN

#19 Mar 15, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I never mentioned CAIC.

Batesburg, SC

#20 Mar 16, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
CAIC and CRDC are both under UCDD...who ever is trying to distance the 3 are crazy. They all have boards of mostly the same people...did Andrea burkhart sit on the board for Living the Dream??? Zija was being crammed down everyones throat at UCDD just wondering... Is it true Ashley spent countless hours on UCDD time trying to impress her boss with her Zija sales? And no Ash it does not cure arthritis, nor does it cure cancer or any of the other things you claimed it did.......shame, shame on you for lying..does UCDD get any insurance from Andrea ?
Interesting

Manchester, TN

#21 Mar 16, 2012
Very interesting about Andrea Burhart. Did not know any of that. hmmm, makes me wonder...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
volunteer metal buildings (Jun '09) 28 min worthlesspayingpa... 22
News Sparta man arrested for burglaries 2 hr town 3
Easy girls in Cookeville 3 hr Skyknight 1
Mean Melanie Wilson 4 hr hotness 5
Former GOP Speaker Dennis Hastert sentenced to... 5 hr Theclosetisonther... 2
Harris Monuments 7 hr crook 1
snitch (Oct '14) 9 hr Seriously 9
most infamous cookeville murder in last 50 yrs? (Apr '11) 20 hr tightfit 443
More from around the web

Personal Finance