TCAP Preparation
Concerned

Cookeville, TN

#1 Mar 24, 2010
I am new to the school system, and I am looking for information on why so much of our children's time is being spent preparing for TCAP testing, rather than traditional classroom learning. After all, shouldn't standardized testing be based on what these kids are learning in a classroom setting? Please...correct me if I am wrong...but it seems that the district's focus is more on getting great test scores than teaching students the life lessons that they will need...

Since: Mar 10

Clarksville, TN

#2 Mar 29, 2010
Because T-CAP scores tell how much the child has learned throughout the year and it places the children in certain classes for his/her needs for the next year. And in 8th grade it determines if the child will be going to highschool or not. And it helps colleges determine if they can accept the young adult into the college or not. So T-CAP test ARE THE MORE IMPORTANT TESTS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help the Poor Not the Rich,Leave your Church 58 min So what 2
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) 1 hr Believe 511
free school supplies 3 hr Ted 69
liz dunn (Aug '12) 4 hr Ahahahahaa 2
Wendys location 6 hr get real 7
Collegeside 6 hr Seeker 11
Sam Goody's (May '13) 6 hr SHOPPER 36

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance