First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hmmm

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jan 2, 2012
Why do people still buy custom cakes from Walmart, Kroger, Food Lion, Etc? They always looks like they were decorated by a hyperactive five-year-old and never look anything like the picture.
linda

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jan 2, 2012
Walmart, like most big box stores, tries to offer everything and fails miserably at it. Find a REAL baker to make and decorate your cake; someone who actually spent more than a day or two mastering their skills. There are several in town.
rela mccoy

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 2, 2012
u numbskull if u want a professional type cake everbody...i mean everboody knows u go to diary queen!
wallly

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2012
Well maybe some folks can't pay 75 bucks or some ridiculous price for a birthday cake.
Professional Undercutting

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jan 3, 2012
wallly wrote:
Well maybe some folks can't pay 75 bucks or some ridiculous price for a birthday cake.
Then you can't really afford a birthday cake to begin with. That's the problem with our society. Everybody wants something for nothing. Walmart can afford to sell their crap for pennies on the dollar. Your local neighborhood farmers and bakers can't.
nope

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jan 3, 2012
wallly wrote:
You're probably one of those people who bitches about jobs being outsourced overseas. You want your birthday cakes and your denim jeans and your fresh meat and produce but you don't want to pay for them. Do you really think a farmer could produce nutritionally dense, grass fed beef at a cost of $2 per pound? Shit no. Do you really think a private baker could make a cake for $20? How do you expect them to pay the bills? They can't so they close up and let the Chinese do it instead.
wallly

United States

#7 Jan 3, 2012
Beef? Who the F was talking beef? Why are you bitching about birthday cakes at walmart? You need a life if you can get so dramatic about cakes! If you big spenders can afford a 75 buck cake go for it. I'll spend 15 for one and put the saved 60 in my retirement and we'll see who's boasting about cake in 25 years or so.

That's what wrong with america---theyll spend themselves into oblivion to impress the neighbors today and don't think about their future or their childrens future.
Mommy

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jan 3, 2012
wallly wrote:
Beef? Who the F was talking beef? Why are you bitching about birthday cakes at walmart? You need a life if you can get so dramatic about cakes! If you big spenders can afford a 75 buck cake go for it. I'll spend 15 for one and put the saved 60 in my retirement and we'll see who's boasting about cake in 25 years or so.
That's what wrong with america---theyll spend themselves into oblivion to impress the neighbors today and don't think about their future or their childrens future.
You go buy your $20 birthday cake from Walmart. I'll go over to Spring Street and buy the stuff to make my own for $10 and it'll come out looking nicer to boot. Walmart cakes don't show that you care either way you look at it. They're too sloppy and cheaply made to show that you put any level of thought into it yet are just expensive enough to prove that you're too lazy to make your own.
wallly

United States

#9 Jan 3, 2012
Learn math moron 75-60=15 dollar cake.I said 15 Not 20. Add in your gas and electricity and I'm doubting you'll come out ahead even if I had said 20.

If you can't do basic math chances are you don't need to be using an oven.
Mommy

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jan 3, 2012
wallly wrote:
Learn math moron 75-60=15 dollar cake.I said 15 Not 20. Add in your gas and electricity and I'm doubting you'll come out ahead even if I had said 20.
Google what "rounding" means.
just asking

Cookeville, TN

#11 Jan 3, 2012
wallly wrote:
please explain how one burns more gas driving to spring street than driving to walmart. and an oven burns a couple of cents worth of electricity. not nearly enough to support to petty argument.
just asking

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jan 3, 2012
*your
wallly

United States

#13 Jan 3, 2012
Mommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Google what "rounding" means.
rounding? Haha that's a FAIL for you. You don't "round" when talking specific cost of items like we were you're obviously grasping at straws to save face. The next time you go to Capt Ds and your bill is 15 bucks can they "round" it up to 20?

Yes please stay away from the oven "mommy".
lawl

Crossville, TN

#14 Jan 3, 2012
you can let me play with your oven "mommy"
Patty Cake

Livingston, TN

#15 Jan 3, 2012
Is this where I am suppose to feel like an idiot? I love Walmart birthday cakes. I just bought one on Jefferson last week. I have enough money to get one from a bakery, but I prefer the WM cake. I suppose that proves that it doesn't take much to make poor people happy!!
wallly

United States

#16 Jan 3, 2012
Yeah god forbid you admit going to Walmart. Everyone of these SOBs have been there but want to pretend they don't go and anyone who does is trash.
HuH

Cookeville, TN

#17 Jan 3, 2012
Can they custom make a penis cake?
Patty Cake

Livingston, TN

#18 Jan 3, 2012
HuH wrote:
Can they custom make a penis cake?
Yes, a lady picked up one while I was there. It looked delicious, had a picture of an organ on it!!
get real

Rockwell, NC

#19 Jan 3, 2012
People buy walmart cakes because they can pay with them with their food stamps. If bakers around town took food stamps their buisness would quadruple overnight I'm sure.
Wendy Welfare

Cookeville, TN

#20 Jan 3, 2012
I gotta go git a 24 pack of bud, a power rangers birfday cake for my youngest of seven, and some similac for #8 who will be popping out any day now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Project UNO is Ficosa North America 42 min Yen4Daze 2
the birds at Tennessee Tech football stadium 45 min Joe Average 2
Strange guy who doesn't wear shoes 5 hr Tactman 22
Mishea at Arby's (Oct '14) 12 hr Unknown 21
Eye Doctors 13 hr Angela K 16
Man walking streets 17 hr Illrb 11
Joey Randolph (Feb '14) 18 hr masquerade 10
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE