Welcome to the "free ObamaCare"

Welcome to the "free ObamaCare"

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

listen

Sparta, TN

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Store receipts with ObamaCare taxes added to them. This started Jan. 1, 2013.(Pictures)
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/01/0...
I speak for Republicans

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Sweet!!!
question

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2013
I just checked some of my receipts and didn't see anything like this. Does it happen in different states at different times?
Jenni

United States

#4 Jan 3, 2013
Former President George W. Bush was the big winner from the fiscal cliff fight. So writes The Washington Post's "Right Turn" blogger, Jennifer Rubin.

"The retention of 98 percent of the Bush tax cuts by the most liberal president to hold office reminds us that a mere four years after leaving office, George W. Bush has a legacy that is becoming more impressive with time," Rubin writes.

Rubin suggests the 43rd president compares favorably to today's most prominent Republicans, particularly in the House. Also in light of the Obama presidency. "Bush seems to be a more accomplished Republican figure in the Obama era. He was a compassionate conservative who got 40 percent of the Hispanic vote. While cutting taxes and fighting two wars, he was a model of fiscal sobriety compared to his successor."
just saying

Crossville, TN

#5 Jan 3, 2013
The medical excise tax applies to medical devices only. This receipt was intentionally taken out of context to get right wingers riled up.
Jim

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jan 3, 2013
Jenni wrote:
Former President George W. Bush was the big winner from the fiscal cliff fight. So writes The Washington Post's "Right Turn" blogger, Jennifer Rubin.
"The retention of 98 percent of the Bush tax cuts by the most liberal president to hold office reminds us that a mere four years after leaving office, George W. Bush has a legacy that is becoming more impressive with time," Rubin writes.
Rubin suggests the 43rd president compares favorably to today's most prominent Republicans, particularly in the House. Also in light of the Obama presidency. "Bush seems to be a more accomplished Republican figure in the Obama era. He was a compassionate conservative who got 40 percent of the Hispanic vote. While cutting taxes and fighting two wars, he was a model of fiscal sobriety compared to his successor."
Then why was he invisible the last election. No matter how they try, GWB will always be the worst of modern day presidents. Polish that turd all you want, the American public knows exactly what Bush did this country. And should never forget!!!
Jenni

United States

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why was he invisible the last election. No matter how they try, GWB will always be the worst of modern day presidents. Polish that turd all you want, the American public knows exactly what Bush did this country. And should never forget!!!
So why did Obama keep his programs like No child left behind, keep the tax cuts, keeps Gitmo open, keeps troops in middle east? If it was all so bad, he sure has keep a lot of things going. Just like the Cliff deal........the Domocrat Senate put in big tax breaks for corperations. But democrats blame republicans on that type thing.
Jim

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jan 3, 2013
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> So why did Obama keep his programs like No child left behind, keep the tax cuts, keeps Gitmo open, keeps troops in middle east? If it was all so bad, he sure has keep a lot of things going. Just like the Cliff deal........the Domocrat Senate put in big tax breaks for corperations. But democrats blame republicans on that type thing.
Waaaaahhhhhhhh. Read what I said. Believe it. Gitmo is open because the cowards in congress are so afraid that some terrorist will sneak into Washington and behead them. LOL! No Child Left Behind is shit. It is not in place now. Please, do not try to make GWB into anything but a rich drunken frat boy who had everything in life given to him. The man failed at everything he ever did. He has cost the GOP the last two elections. He is the worst of presidents. He lays low because even he knows the truth.
Jenni

United States

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaahhhhhhhh. Read what I said. Believe it. Gitmo is open because the cowards in congress are so afraid that some terrorist will sneak into Washington and behead them. LOL! No Child Left Behind is shit. It is not in place now. Please, do not try to make GWB into anything but a rich drunken frat boy who had everything in life given to him. The man failed at everything he ever did. He has cost the GOP the last two elections. He is the worst of presidents. He lays low because even he knows the truth.
most, if not all your info is opinion not fact. And yes, no child left behind is stil in public schools

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#10 Jan 3, 2013
just saying wrote:
The medical excise tax applies to medical devices only. This receipt was intentionally taken out of context to get right wingers riled up.
Good, thief.Now you'll have a taste of your own medicine, child.
Jim

Cookeville, TN

#11 Jan 3, 2013
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> most, if not all your info is opinion not fact. And yes, no child left behind is stil in public schools
Only the ones too stupid to seek a waiver! Race to the Top is the new catch phrase.
howdy

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jan 3, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Good, thief.Now you'll have a taste of your own medicine, child.
Do you get SSI?
Jim

Cookeville, TN

#13 Jan 3, 2013
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> most, if not all your info is opinion not fact. And yes, no child left behind is stil in public schools
Name anything he has succeeded at? Queue the Jeopardy theme music. I'll wait!....Let me help.

Oil? No!
Baseball? No!
Military service? No!
College? No!

Opinion? I think not.
Robert Conrad

Cookeville, TN

#14 Jan 3, 2013
listen wrote:
Store receipts with ObamaCare taxes added to them. This started Jan. 1, 2013.(Pictures)
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/01/0...
Do you believe everything you read? The Conservative Treehouse! Don' you think these guys have pulled the wool over your eyes long enough? Next they'll be proclaiming Romney as winner of the election. And some of you will believe it.
Walmart Sucks

Crossville, TN

#15 Jan 3, 2013
The Cabella tax was a glitch in their system. I know because I received an email saying that my account was going to be reimbursement. What the other person said was true. The medical tax is only on medical supplies and equipment.
roflmfao

Cookeville, TN

#16 Jan 3, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Good, thief.Now you'll have a taste of your own medicine, child.
child you take the definition of stupidity to a whole new and higher level. why do you keep making such a complete ass of yourself.
Robert

Lees Summit, MO

#17 Jan 5, 2013
just saying wrote:
Thanks for that extra 2% we now have to pay for my son's Insulin Pump. Idiots. It will be cheaper for "everyone" except those that pay taxes, or have a job, or are responsible for their own lives. As long as the welfare class gets it for nothing. Which was Obamacare's objective the whole time. To punish those that have a job and pay taxes..
Jenni

United States

#18 Jan 6, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that extra 2% we now have to pay for my son's Insulin Pump. Idiots. It will be cheaper for "everyone" except those that pay taxes, or have a job, or are responsible for their own lives. As long as the welfare class gets it for nothing. Which was Obamacare's objective the whole time. To punish those that have a job and pay taxes..
that the democratic way for you. All people working need to work harder,millions of Obama voters are depending on you!
Liar Liar

Crossville, TN

#19 Jan 6, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the tax provision does not apply to eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, and any other medical device determined by Treasury to be of a type that is commonly purchased by the general public at retail for individual use."
Barry

Livingston, TN

#20 Jul 28, 2013
obama's America is one in which free stuff is given away: the adults among the 47,000,000 on food stamps clearly recognized for whom they should vote, and so they did, by the tens of millions; those who - courtesy of Obama - receive two full years of unemployment benefits (which, of course, both disincentives looking for work and also motivates people to work off the books while collecting their windfall) surely know for whom to vote. The lure of free stuff is irresistible.

The defining moment of the whole campaign was the revelation of the secretly-recorded video in which Romney acknowledged the difficulty of winning an election in which "47% of the people" start off against him because they pay no taxes and just receive money - "free stuff" - from the government.

Almost half of the population has no skin in the game - they don't care about high taxes, promoting business, or creating jobs, nor do they care that the money for their free stuff is being borrowed from their children and from the Chinese.

They just want the free stuff that comes their way at someone else's expense. In the end, that 47% leaves very little margin for error for any Republican, and does not bode well for the future.

It is impossible to imagine a conservative candidate winning against such overwhelming odds. People do vote their pocketbooks. In essence, the people vote for a Congress who will not raise their taxes, and for a President who will give them free stuff, never mind who has to pay for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue gto 5 hr Jerry H 7
Two in a Week Walmart Cookeville 10 hr Rupert 26
Library Vandal (Jul '12) 12 hr jamesish 38
19th hole (Jul '16) 13 hr Joseph DeDominicis 2
Rezoning referendum fails 13 hr Joey 6
News Controversial rezoning petition fails 15 hr JosephPDeDominicis 1
Is the septum ring now the official nose ring o... 18 hr bo-bo 3

Cookeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages