Northeast Elementry School

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

Not a redneck

Cookeville, TN

#1 May 11, 2010
I went to pick up my friends child today from his school and before the children were dismissed from school announcements were made over the loud speaker. I must say, the announcements were made with the most offensive, uneducated, "redneck" accent that the person could muster. People like this that educate our children just carry on the stereotype that southerners are uneducated and stupid.
sounds horrible

Cookeville, TN

#2 May 12, 2010
I have never been to Northeast Elementary but what you described sounds horrible. It's like that all over this town. They teach the kids this stupid and lazy way of speaking and it goes from one generation to the next.

The locals see nothing wrong with it and normal people say it's out fault because we aren't from here and call everyone outsiders and northerners, even if you are from way more south than Tennessee.

Rednecks suck!
Not a redneck

Cookeville, TN

#3 May 12, 2010
I am from here in Cookeville, but I have been luck enough to travel the world. I do have a accent, but I have worked on it so I would not sound so ignorant. Schools are suppose to educate not spread ignorance.
TRBobby

Cookeville, TN

#4 May 12, 2010
Not a redneck wrote:
I went to pick up my friends child today from his school and before the children were dismissed from school announcements were made over the loud speaker. I must say, the announcements were made with the most offensive, uneducated, "redneck" accent that the person could muster. People like this that educate our children just carry on the stereotype that southerners are uneducated and stupid.
If you have a problem with folks with a redneck accent...your best option is to MOVE. You will deal with that accent just about wherever you go around this area. How could an accent be uneducated? You mentioned stereotypes...People like you carry on the stereotype of azzholes!
GTH You Hick

Cookeville, TN

#5 May 12, 2010
TRBobby wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a problem with folks with a redneck accent...your best option is to MOVE. You will deal with that accent just about wherever you go around this area. How could an accent be uneducated? You mentioned stereotypes...People like you carry on the stereotype of azzholes!
I will NOT deal with that accent, I will NOT move just because you fear an educated individual.

It's not a stereotype, it is REALITY. If these kids speak like this and ever leave Tennessee - I assure you that they will want to HIDE the redneck accent that you instilled in them.
TRBobby

Cookeville, TN

#6 May 12, 2010
GTH You Hick wrote:
<quoted text>
I will NOT deal with that accent, I will NOT move just because you fear an educated individual.
It's not a stereotype, it is REALITY. If these kids speak like this and ever leave Tennessee - I assure you that they will want to HIDE the redneck accent that you instilled in them.
I'm sorry, didn't realize you were an educated azzhole. Good luck to you and your mission of removing the "redneck accent" from the south. I'll check back later to see your progress.
Really

Knoxville, TN

#7 May 12, 2010
There are many Cookeville and Upper Cumberland natives that have made a far greater mark on the world than most of you ever will. They probaby grew up with an accent and may still have it--has nothing to do with their intelligence, will power, work ethic or manners. The fact that you are so rude about your opinion of local accents indicates that you may need to pay more attention to the positive attributes of locals (such as kindness, friendliness and manners) and less to inconsequential topics such as their accents.
rednek

Cookeville, TN

#8 May 12, 2010
Not a redneck wrote:
I am from here in Cookeville, but I have been luck enough to travel the world. I do have a accent, but I have worked on it so I would not sound so ignorant. Schools are suppose to educate not spread ignorance.
I would make sure I knew some basic gramar skilz before I accused someone of being ignorant in the school. I would also refrain from replying to myself, that might get confused as ignorance. But hey, Im just a uneducated southern redneck.
laughing

Cookeville, TN

#9 May 12, 2010
Really wrote:
There are many Cookeville and Upper Cumberland natives that have made a far greater mark on the world than most of you ever will. They probaby grew up with an accent and may still have it--has nothing to do with their intelligence, will power, work ethic or manners. The fact that you are so rude about your opinion of local accents indicates that you may need to pay more attention to the positive attributes of locals (such as kindness, friendliness and manners) and less to inconsequential topics such as their accents.
It surely does have to do with the shabby education that people got here. I doubt that anyone from Cookeville went out and made some huge mark on the world. The work ethic here is mostly general laziness, and as far as manners go, half of you don't even know how to say please, excuse me, or thank you.

The friendliness doesn't last long, and I do believe it is hard as hell to understand what some redneck with a mouthful of chew is trying to mutter to you.

I'm rude because I learned that is the way it is done here. Thank your local yokels for teaching me how to blend in and use common phrases like: Hangin in thur like a hair in a biscuit, by gawd, and Git er done. I also have learned not to say good bye after any telephone call and just hang up on people too. Yes, you people just reek of class and rotting teeth.
well

Cookeville, TN

#10 May 12, 2010
laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
It surely does have to do with the shabby education that people got here. I doubt that anyone from Cookeville went out and made some huge mark on the world. The work ethic here is mostly general laziness, and as far as manners go, half of you don't even know how to say please, excuse me, or thank you.
The friendliness doesn't last long, and I do believe it is hard as hell to understand what some redneck with a mouthful of chew is trying to mutter to you.
I'm rude because I learned that is the way it is done here. Thank your local yokels for teaching me how to blend in and use common phrases like: Hangin in thur like a hair in a biscuit, by gawd, and Git er done. I also have learned not to say good bye after any telephone call and just hang up on people too. Yes, you people just reek of class and rotting teeth.
what neck of da woods you say you from? well rowncher us folk dont like youens. whose boy are you anyhows? im gona kick him in da butocs for raising such a retard
DeLiVeRaNcE

Cookeville, TN

#11 May 12, 2010
well wrote:
<quoted text>
what neck of da woods you say you from? well rowncher us folk dont like youens. whose boy are you anyhows? im gona kick him in da butocs for raising such a retard
Rednecks always want to put it in the wrong hole.
Well Well

Cookeville, TN

#12 May 12, 2010
Well I was born and raised here and Im PROUD of where I come from. Seems to me that there is something around here that everyone likes because everyone is moving here!! So looks to me that all the ones that are whining and crying will just have to get over it and deal with it, cause if you hated it here that much than Im sure it wouldnt be a problem for you to pack your stupid azzes out! We didnt ask any of you to come here but we will tell you that if you dont like it...DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE AZZ ON THE WAY OUT!!
reality

Cookeville, TN

#13 May 13, 2010
Not a redneck wrote:
Go back under the rock. Come back out when you get a clue. Better yet, go to your neighbor's house and tell him your story. He will take you and the rock you came out from under.....and send you off to Michigan where you seem to belong. You can hang out with all the educated folk without the accent up there. Just let us handle it down here.
google it

Cookeville, TN

#14 May 13, 2010
Harold E. Martin, a Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaperman, was the former co-owner of the Herald Citizen.
J. J. Redick, basketball player for the Orlando Magic of the NBA.
Donald Farmer, film producer and director.
Bobby Greenwood, former PGA Tour Player, professional golfer
Mack Brown, former head football coach of the North Carolina Tar Heels. Current head coach of the Texas Longhorns football team.
Watson Brown, older brother of Texas Longhorns head coach Mack Brown, former head football coach of the Rice Owls, Vanderbilt Commodores, and UAB Blazers. Current H.C. of the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles.
Conductor Jack Norton, children's musician and host of The Zinghoppers children's TV show that has been broadcast on Fox, NBC and PBS stations.
Deputy Junior, Robert Ben Garant, from the TV show Reno 911!
Byron Looper, former tax assessor, convicted of murdering a state senator.
[edit] Points of interest Just a few of our stupid local folk.
not a redneck

Cookeville, TN

#15 May 13, 2010
google it wrote:
Harold E. Martin, a Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaperman, was the former co-owner of the Herald Citizen.
Mack Brown, former head football coach of the North Carolina Tar Heels. Current head coach of the Texas Longhorns football team.
Watson Brown, older brother of Texas Longhorns head coach Mack Brown, former head football coach of the Rice Owls, Vanderbilt Commodores, and UAB Blazers. Current H.C. of the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles.
Conductor Jack Norton, children's musician and host of The Zinghoppers children's TV show that has been broadcast on Fox, NBC and PBS stations.
OK, I have been put in my place. I will now move out of the south. Thank you for your hospitality.
google it

Cookeville, TN

#16 May 13, 2010
Exit stage north.Don't let the door hit ya...
Cooter

Shelbyville, TN

#17 May 13, 2010
laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, now! Come awn!
Just cause your husband acts like that don't mean all people from the south are bad! You can always get you a de-vorce.
Cooter

Shelbyville, TN

#18 May 13, 2010
not a redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I have been put in my place. I will now move out of the south. Thank you for your hospitality.
Ya'll come back now, ya hear!
pathetic line up

Cookeville, TN

#19 May 13, 2010
google it wrote:
I would not consider any of these people as famous. The sports people got where they are with scholarships mostly, and most of them are not even natives of this area. Who would really want to admit they were from Cookeville, TN? lol.

And, who the hell is Donald Farmer, and what the hell did he supposedly produce and direct?

Looney Looper is probably the most famous for being a loon and a killer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nurse Nakia .from kids kare 1 hr what 2
Trendy Trades 1 hr bible 4
Algood staff 4 hr Like to know 2
Plateau Mental Health New Leaf Program (Jan '13) 13 hr Desire 24
tennessee pools oasis crooks joe nash (Jun '14) 14 hr Dont be fooled 14
clint and becca arrested again 15 hr not right 1
drug bust 20 hr casper 1
Cookeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web