In the know

Gainesboro, TN

#1 Nov 15, 2011
I bought an E M F meter. It measures electromagnetic fields. I put it in front of the new electric meter that was installed on the house. As the meter pulsed my meter went nuts. So now we know that these new electric meters are putting out high doeses of radiation. Imagine one on every house.
Yea

Tullahoma, TN

#2 Nov 15, 2011
Where did you get the meter?Hows the electric bill?Do we the people have any say anymore about this crap they keep dumping on us.
How to stop it

Cookeville, TN

#3 Nov 18, 2011
I've read you can ask they not install one which is what I intend to do. I'll post how it goes after the fact. I'm tired of being poisoned by companies I pay too much for anyway.
john nelson

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jan 25, 2012
I have denied access to my home to install a smart meter! Today, I get a certified letter that says my electric will be terminated by Jan 30 if I continue to refuse access to install...thats where I am at as of now Jan25,2012 @ 9:23 am
john nelson

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jan 25, 2012
How to stop it wrote:
I've read you can ask they not install one which is what I intend to do. I'll post how it goes after the fact. I'm tired of being poisoned by companies I pay too much for anyway.
If you refuse they say they will terminate service. I refused!! Now lets see whats gonna happen because I'm gonna fight for my rights.....WHO IS WITH ME? IF YOU ARE WANTING TO FIGHT THIS...EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
WTF

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Jan 25, 2012
Interesting thread! I did some research and there is something to be said about the subject. At the very least, maybe you can have the meter moved to a part of the exterior of the home where the EMF readings would not be as strong in the enterior of the home, ie. garage area, a room that is not used often, out building, on a pole X number of feet from the home, etc. Also, there are many other sources of EMF's that many are not aware of.

Here is one of many articles about Smart Meters;
http://www.earthcalm.com/5582/emf-dangers-2/s...

Another on general EMF dangers, very interesting;
http://emf.mercola.com/sites/emf/emf-dangers....
WTF

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Jan 25, 2012
Where I live, the meter is mounted away from the living area of the house on the exterior of the garage (about 40 feet from any interior living area). So I feel better knowing that. Also, the power company are within their rights. They own the wire and the meter and can pretty much do what they want. It kinda sucks. The best solution would to have them do a EMF study and if the meter emits high enough reading, have them move the meter at their cost.
Racin

Sparta, TN

#8 Jan 25, 2012
john nelson wrote:
<quoted text>If you refuse they say they will terminate service. I refused!! Now lets see whats gonna happen because I'm gonna fight for my rights.....WHO IS WITH ME? IF YOU ARE WANTING TO FIGHT THIS...EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
Do you have another email address, I can't get thru on this one?
thats right

Sparta, TN

#9 Jan 28, 2012
bump

bump

bump
UMM

United States

#10 Jan 28, 2012
Racin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have another email address, I can't get thru on this one?
Ok yankee man are from Sparta this time?
Nubba Bubba

Manchester, TN

#11 Jan 28, 2012
What electric company or municipal department is foisting these contraptions upon us hapless ratepayers?

Is the city of Cookeville afoot with this? Upper Cumberland EMC? Volunteer Energy?

Who? Who?
thats right

Sparta, TN

#12 Jan 29, 2012
Tennessee Opt-Out Petition on smart meters:
http://www.petitiononline.com/1430/petition.h...
thats right

Sparta, TN

#13 Jan 29, 2012
Nubba Bubba wrote:
What electric company or municipal department is foisting these contraptions upon us hapless ratepayers?
Is the city of Cookeville afoot with this? Upper Cumberland EMC? Volunteer Energy?
Who? Who?
Herald Citizen did have a link to this a couple months ago but has since been taken down. The page comes up but it is blank.

Google search: cookeville/smart meters
oldie

Sparta, TN

#14 Mar 25, 2012
Any updates on these meters?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#15 Jan 25, 2013
Yea wrote:
Where did you get the meter?Hows the electric bill?Do we the people have any say anymore about this crap they keep dumping on us.
In Georgia, the smartmeters were installed of air conditioners. These were installed during the energy crisis to shut down when the electric company felt that your home had enough cold air.
I wonder if the meters in place have been 'grandfathered' into the WhiteHouse Agenda?

Location hidden

#16 Jan 25, 2013
oldie wrote:
Any updates on these meters?
The meters report more than just wattage now.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 25, 2013
WTF wrote:
Interesting thread! I did some research and there is something to be said about the subject. At the very least, maybe you can have the meter moved to a part of the exterior of the home where the EMF readings would not be as strong in the enterior of the home, ie. garage area, a room that is not used often, out building, on a pole X number of feet from the home, etc. Also, there are many other sources of EMF's that many are not aware of.
Here is one of many articles about Smart Meters;
http://www.earthcalm.com/5582/emf-dangers-2/s...
Another on general EMF dangers, very interesting;
http://emf.mercola.com/sites/emf/emf-dangers....
It is time for a new look.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man walking streets (May '15) 1 hr earth 45
Spring St Supermarket 1 hr Answer 2
Nudist colony nearby 2 hr Red 38
Evidence Overton CO court fraud,children on fam... 2 hr Fugit 19
Dog friendly apartments/rental homes? 2 hr Dog Friendly 12
Rue 21 Going Out Of Business! (Oct '10) 2 hr Shopaholic 26
Cutest guy working for Carwile (Mar '10) 3 hr Poolshark 9

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance