Gainesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Judged:

I bought an E M F meter. It measures electromagnetic fields. I put it in front of the new electric meter that was installed on the house. As the meter pulsed my meter went nuts. So now we know that these new electric meters are putting out high doeses of radiation. Imagine one on every house.
Yea

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Where did you get the meter?Hows the electric bill?Do we the people have any say anymore about this crap they keep dumping on us.
How to stop it

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

I've read you can ask they not install one which is what I intend to do. I'll post how it goes after the fact. I'm tired of being poisoned by companies I pay too much for anyway.
john nelson

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Judged:

I have denied access to my home to install a smart meter! Today, I get a certified letter that says my electric will be terminated by Jan 30 if I continue to refuse access to install...thats where I am at as of now Jan25,2012 @ 9:23 am
john nelson

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Judged:

How to stop it wrote:
I've read you can ask they not install one which is what I intend to do. I'll post how it goes after the fact. I'm tired of being poisoned by companies I pay too much for anyway.
If you refuse they say they will terminate service. I refused!! Now lets see whats gonna happen because I'm gonna fight for my rights.....WHO IS WITH ME? IF YOU ARE WANTING TO FIGHT THIS...EMAIL ME AT jjn931@yahoo.com
WTF

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Judged:

Interesting thread! I did some research and there is something to be said about the subject. At the very least, maybe you can have the meter moved to a part of the exterior of the home where the EMF readings would not be as strong in the enterior of the home, ie. garage area, a room that is not used often, out building, on a pole X number of feet from the home, etc. Also, there are many other sources of EMF's that many are not aware of.

Here is one of many articles about Smart Meters;
http://www.earthcalm.com/5582/emf-dangers-2/s...

Another on general EMF dangers, very interesting;
http://emf.mercola.com/sites/emf/emf-dangers....
WTF

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Where I live, the meter is mounted away from the living area of the house on the exterior of the garage (about 40 feet from any interior living area). So I feel better knowing that. Also, the power company are within their rights. They own the wire and the meter and can pretty much do what they want. It kinda sucks. The best solution would to have them do a EMF study and if the meter emits high enough reading, have them move the meter at their cost.
Racin

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

john nelson wrote:
<quoted text>If you refuse they say they will terminate service. I refused!! Now lets see whats gonna happen because I'm gonna fight for my rights.....WHO IS WITH ME? IF YOU ARE WANTING TO FIGHT THIS...EMAIL ME AT jjn931@yahoo.com
Do you have another email address, I can't get thru on this one?
thats right

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

bump

bump

bump
UMM

Lyman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

Racin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have another email address, I can't get thru on this one?
Ok yankee man are from Sparta this time?
Nubba Bubba

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

What electric company or municipal department is foisting these contraptions upon us hapless ratepayers?

Is the city of Cookeville afoot with this? Upper Cumberland EMC? Volunteer Energy?

Who? Who?
thats right

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Tennessee Opt-Out Petition on smart meters:
http://www.petitiononline.com/1430/petition.h...
thats right

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Nubba Bubba wrote:
What electric company or municipal department is foisting these contraptions upon us hapless ratepayers?
Is the city of Cookeville afoot with this? Upper Cumberland EMC? Volunteer Energy?
Who? Who?
Herald Citizen did have a link to this a couple months ago but has since been taken down. The page comes up but it is blank.

Google search: cookeville/smart meters
oldie

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2012

Any updates on these meters?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Yea wrote:
Where did you get the meter?Hows the electric bill?Do we the people have any say anymore about this crap they keep dumping on us.
In Georgia, the smartmeters were installed of air conditioners. These were installed during the energy crisis to shut down when the electric company felt that your home had enough cold air.
I wonder if the meters in place have been 'grandfathered' into the WhiteHouse Agenda?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

oldie wrote:
Any updates on these meters?
The meters report more than just wattage now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

WTF wrote:
Interesting thread! I did some research and there is something to be said about the subject. At the very least, maybe you can have the meter moved to a part of the exterior of the home where the EMF readings would not be as strong in the enterior of the home, ie. garage area, a room that is not used often, out building, on a pole X number of feet from the home, etc. Also, there are many other sources of EMF's that many are not aware of.
Here is one of many articles about Smart Meters;
http://www.earthcalm.com/5582/emf-dangers-2/s...
Another on general EMF dangers, very interesting;
http://emf.mercola.com/sites/emf/emf-dangers....
It is time for a new look.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
tony aka BAP 10 min trainerk 1
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min Vet 138,580
Knights Inn 16 min bug 4
Body Building Trainer 47 min Cal Cag 2
has there ever been a president with this many ... 1 hr Charvas 5
problem of good and evil 1 hr Lightbearer 2
Issa is a liar 1 hr Erkle 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000