Henry Fincher is an ASS

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Richie

United States

#1 Oct 17, 2010
After seeing the ad Henry Fincher ran today in the Herald-Citizen attacking Ryan Williams, I can not come up with any other conclusion. The man is an Ass.
Less than nothing

Manchester, TN

#2 Oct 17, 2010
Maybe you missed the attack ads Ryan Williams has been sending out by US Mail. I get at least one & sometimes two a day from the Williams campain, each spreading more "questionable" truths. The fact is ...all politicians have slunk to this slimy level of action. I will put it like this...I hate Obama and the things his party is doing to this Country..the party Fincher represents. At the same time...I have seen first-hand the wastefulness Williams exhibited during his time as county commissioner.
Although, I dislike most of the things Fincher's party stands for, Fincher, as a man, has been decent to me. When I needed some action from a State Rep., I found it easy to conntact him and I got results once he was involved.
Williams, on the other hand, was unreachable as a commisioner & wasted a TON of Cookeville's money when he was in that office, look at the records, it is all there.
I am a reluctant, yet staunch of Fincher, he may be the ONLY Democrat I vote for but I would stay home rather than give Williams ANY support, I hate that he is the only Republican candidate because he is a poor representitive for me.
i wish

Cookeville, TN

#3 Oct 17, 2010
That he would get a suit that fits him right.
Suspicious

Cookeville, TN

#4 Oct 17, 2010
... of both of them. But I'd rather thin the Democrats' number in the state house some more. Both are pro 2nd amendment, anti income tax, tough on illegal aliens, pro life (although Williams is more than Fincher).

I used to hear Fincher on talk programs on WPTN radio. That ultraliberal piece of work Dave Johnson interviewed him (that is, kissed his ass) and I did not like some of his statements then. But I must admit he has voted right most of the time so far.

It really bugs me that Henry Fincher advertises that he's Church of Christ. That bothers me as I regard that group as a bit of a cult. Although I don't think he's one of the "rabid" ones, in all fairness.
Richie

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2010
That is funny that you have seen first hand what Williams has done as a County Commisioner, considering he has never been one. He has served on the Cookeville City Council. What "wastlefullness" are you referring too. What you read in Fincher's ad. The one where he altered Mr. Williams picture. In your response all you did is repeat Fincher's talking points from his negative ads.
Fincher's ad's are personal attacks not factual. You judge a tree by the fruit it bears. Fincher smells of rot.
Less than nothing wrote:
Maybe you missed the attack ads Ryan Williams has been sending out by US Mail. I get at least one & sometimes two a day from the Williams campain, each spreading more "questionable" truths. The fact is ...all politicians have slunk to this slimy level of action. I will put it like this...I hate Obama and the things his party is doing to this Country..the party Fincher represents. At the same time...I have seen first-hand the wastefulness Williams exhibited during his time as county commissioner.
Although, I dislike most of the things Fincher's party stands for, Fincher, as a man, has been decent to me. When I needed some action from a State Rep., I found it easy to conntact him and I got results once he was involved.
Williams, on the other hand, was unreachable as a commisioner & wasted a TON of Cookeville's money when he was in that office, look at the records, it is all there.
I am a reluctant, yet staunch of Fincher, he may be the ONLY Democrat I vote for but I would stay home rather than give Williams ANY support, I hate that he is the only Republican candidate because he is a poor representitive for me.

“"a skull is a skull"”

Since: Sep 10

Cookeville, TN

#6 Oct 17, 2010
I met henry once at one of his "grip and grin"funtions.he was nice to me he let me set my drink on top of his head while i tied my shoe.
Gerald

Cookeville, TN

#7 Oct 18, 2010
Sorry but you've got it backwards Richie. It is Ryan Williams that is an aloof, eliteist, ASS.
He did NOTHING as a city councilman that didn't serve to better J&S construction or his eliteist friends. Oh yeah, & spend a half a million on a park too, that made him look good.
Trust me the city employees are damn glad the man is off the council. He won't even speak to or acknowledge any city employee if he sees them out cause he knows he did nothing but TAKE from them for 4 years. Lost a huge chunk of votes & he knows it.
Henry on the other hand, will speak to everyone, is easy to talk to & easy to find if you need him.
HE's the real deal. What you see is what you get. Ryan is not.

Ryan is gonna get slammed in next month's election. Blowout. Won't even be close.
Lol

Cookeville, TN

#8 Oct 18, 2010
At least Ryan isn't trying to use what Henry is. Fincher is trying to get the gay bashers on his side.
BAMA Fan

Cookeville, TN

#9 Oct 18, 2010
Gerald wrote:
Sorry but you've got it backwards Richie. It is Ryan Williams that is an aloof, eliteist, ASS.
He did NOTHING as a city councilman that didn't serve to better J&S construction or his eliteist friends. Oh yeah, & spend a half a million on a park too, that made him look good.
Trust me the city employees are damn glad the man is off the council. He won't even speak to or acknowledge any city employee if he sees them out cause he knows he did nothing but TAKE from them for 4 years. Lost a huge chunk of votes & he knows it.
Henry on the other hand, will speak to everyone, is easy to talk to & easy to find if you need him.
HE's the real deal. What you see is what you get. Ryan is not.
Ryan is gonna get slammed in next month's election. Blowout. Won't even be close.
Ryan Williams was a joke as a City Councilman. He knew he couldn't ever get re-elected so he moved on. He never listen to any citzens concerns, wasted taxpayers money, and now thinks we are all so stupid that we will send he to Nashville....lol! Is he wanting to put in another water fountain with our money? Not so fast Henry. Your not any better of a candidate yourself! The problem we face was just like the last presidential election. There was no good choice to pick from.
Hmmmm

Cookeville, TN

#10 Oct 18, 2010
Suspicious wrote:
... of both of them. But I'd rather thin the Democrats' number in the state house some more. Both are pro 2nd amendment, anti income tax, tough on illegal aliens, pro life (although Williams is more than Fincher).
I used to hear Fincher on talk programs on WPTN radio. That ultraliberal piece of work Dave Johnson interviewed him (that is, kissed his ass) and I did not like some of his statements then. But I must admit he has voted right most of the time so far.
It really bugs me that Henry Fincher advertises that he's Church of Christ. That bothers me as I regard that group as a bit of a cult. Although I don't think he's one of the "rabid" ones, in all fairness.
I'd hate to think what you thought about Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seven Day Adventists, and Catholics!
that suit

Cookeville, TN

#11 Oct 19, 2010
I still want him to purchase a suit that fits him right. Who the hell is is tailor?

I want to know why he never did ONE thing about the illegal alien invasion on Tennessee.

Also, will someone please tell him that his Diastema is really lame and he should really get it fixed. Thanks.
Joan

United States

#12 Oct 19, 2010
I totally agree with Fincher being an ass , But I hate a liar and when he says VOTE FINCHER HE IS FOR OUR CHILDREN... well he isnt he is a liar and has caused my family more grief. congrats to you RYAN Williams
Gays are Queer

Silver Point, TN

#13 Oct 19, 2010
Lol wrote:
At least Ryan isn't trying to use what Henry is. Fincher is trying to get the gay bashers on his side.
And he should..I heard all gays are Queer.
Suspicious

Cookeville, TN

#14 Oct 19, 2010
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I'd hate to think what you thought about Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seven Day Adventists, and Catholics!
Hey, it's not a bigotry thing, but he is the one who chose to advertise his religious affiliation publicly, as if it is a reason to vote for him.

And if you read my post, I said I believe he is not one of the “rabid” ones. If you know anything about the extremely hard-core Church of Christ folks, they believe they’re the only ones going to heaven and everyone else, well, down the hatch. And if you watch them argue with EACH OTHER (much less other Christian groups -- oops, there aren't any), they will damn each other to hell if they do not agree exactly with their interpretation of things. As an example, some condemn other Church of Christ congregations to hell because they take the Lord’s Supper using different cups, instead of all out of the same one (good hygiene there, folks). Or you’re going to hell if you use a piano, etc.

That type is definitely a cult, because they condemn everyone else to hell. End of story.

But again, I do not believe Henry is a member of one of the extreme congregations. Wanted to ensure you got that straight.
Yes

Cookeville, TN

#15 Oct 19, 2010
Suspicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it's not a bigotry thing, but he is the one who chose to advertise his religious affiliation publicly, as if it is a reason to vote for him.
And if you read my post, I said I believe he is not one of the “rabid” ones. If you know anything about the extremely hard-core Church of Christ folks, they believe they’re the only ones going to heaven and everyone else, well, down the hatch. And if you watch them argue with EACH OTHER (much less other Christian groups -- oops, there aren't any), they will damn each other to hell if they do not agree exactly with their interpretation of things. As an example, some condemn other Church of Christ congregations to hell because they take the Lord’s Supper using different cups, instead of all out of the same one (good hygiene there, folks). Or you’re going to hell if you use a piano, etc.
That type is definitely a cult, because they condemn everyone else to hell. End of story.
But again, I do not believe Henry is a member of one of the extreme congregations. Wanted to ensure you got that straight.
You don't know much about religion...do you? Everyone of the denominations I listed believe that they are the only true church. The catholics used to persecute protestants at one time because they didn't want to be part of the ONE true church. I'd say most christian denominations would fit your definition of a "cult".

“"a skull is a skull"”

Since: Sep 10

Cookeville, TN

#16 Oct 20, 2010
I heard he preferred the catholic church said he got more attention from the pastor if he showed up with a snickers bar and a coke.
Someone

Cookeville, TN

#17 Oct 20, 2010
When it comes to telling the truth 100% of the time, you can always count on our good pal Nobody.
Harley Guy

Chester, WV

#18 Oct 22, 2010
More and more Nasty ads from Fincher. Ryan can be proud of the campaign he has run.
Unknown

Buford, GA

#19 Oct 24, 2010
Joan wrote:
I totally agree with Fincher being an ass , But I hate a liar and when he says VOTE FINCHER HE IS FOR OUR CHILDREN... well he isnt he is a liar and has caused my family more grief. congrats to you RYAN Williams
Not only that, but Fincher had the nerve to stand up in court and actually ask the judge to force a father to drop his Blue Cross Blue Shield he had on his children so that the mother could keep her TennCare that her and the children had been dropped from.. Thank goodness the judge said absolutely not, besides the fact it would be basically TennCare Fraud, BCBS holds better coverage.. Fincher was basically willing to support the fraud for his client.

Why should the working community have to support these children on TennCare when the father is willing to provide actual insurance
less talk more action

Shelbyville, TN

#20 Oct 24, 2010
Richie wrote:
That is funny that you have seen first hand what Williams has done as a County Commisioner, considering he has never been one. He has served on the Cookeville City Council. What "wastlefullness" are you referring too. What you read in Fincher's ad. The one where he altered Mr. Williams picture. In your response all you did is repeat Fincher's talking points from his negative ads.
Fincher's ad's are personal attacks not factual. You judge a tree by the fruit it bears. Fincher smells of rot.
<quoted text>
My mistake....and you obviously knew what I meant as you refer to Williams time on the council yourself.

What I am NOT mistaken about is the poor excuse as a "representitive of the people" that Ryan Williams has been for me. The questionableness of the cotton-eyed joe's/park fiasco has already been mentioned. There were plenty more deals, just as unsavory, that can be laid at the feet of a number of that particular council. Williams was not alone in his, in my opinion, misuse of public trust during that time-period. Maybe I am the only one who is/was unhappy with Williams'(along with many on the council at the same time) representation, but I am... & it is my right to make it known. Williams was unreachable when I tried to contact him in order to make my thoughts known to the man(who was supposed to be an employee of me... a member of the public all politicians are SUPPOSED to serve). I was able to leave a message but a return call was never deemed neccessary.

By the same token, even though I am terribly unhappy with the Democtatic party overall, I must admit that Fincher was approachable, his secretary even called a couple weeks after my issue was addressed...just to be sure I was satisfied that I had been heard....pretty good representation if you ask me.

Now I understand and am even sympathetic to the "clean out Congress" fervor that is going around. On one hand I am tempted to do just that and vote for NO person who has had any time at all in this present Congrees, new-blood if you will....but the reality is this....My own experience has shown Fincher to be a better Representative TO me...maybe not FOR me, I don't agree with all his votes...but at least I was able to speak to him when I needed and when he agreed w/ me about a matter...he got something done.

My oninion only & I am just a regular guy with a blue collar job. Maybe if I had been White-collar or a business-person I could have gotten better representation by the council, maybe not....but Fincher stood by me even though I was a registered voter from the other party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
utopia without liberals 8 hr liberalssuck 23
Project Uno 9 hr Get over it 10
Know who to call in an emergency 10 hr Numbnuts 3
.do gay men sniff other MEN's underwear? (Jul '11) 12 hr sniff lover 239
Bobby Dishman cheating on his wife Marie 12 hr just curious 3
Coupons and Recipes (Nov '12) 13 hr Sara 74
Review: Cash Express Corporate Office (Jun '11) 13 hr FHC 27
Cookeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web