Some schools putting unruly kids in i...

Some schools putting unruly kids in isolation booths.

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
WTH

Tullahoma, TN

#1 Nov 29, 2012
This is just over the top.
What the hell is next-send them to Gitmo?
http://www.prisonplanet.com/school-places-unr...
Lib

United States

#2 Nov 29, 2012
-Me liberal
-Me claim to be against school paddling my kid
-Me really am against school punishing my kid at all
Lib

United States

#3 Nov 29, 2012
-Us liberal
-Us liberals complain to school for paddling our kids as punishment

-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids extra work as punishment
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids extra work as punishment

-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids detention as punishment
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids detention as punishment

-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids in school suspension as punishment
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids in school detention as punishment

-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids in school suspension in isolation
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids in school detention with isolation as punishment

Us liberals not see the pattern
WTH

Tullahoma, TN

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Lib wrote:
-Me liberal
-Me claim to be against school paddling my kid
-Me really am against school punishing my kid at all
How about torture at Gitmo.s that A-OK lso?
Lib

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Yeah because it's soooooo the same

* sorry but I have to snicker
nice one

Allons, TN

#6 Nov 29, 2012
WOW, isolation booths for unruly children... that is such a shock...
When I was in school, I was in in-school suspension because I did something dumb. 3 days worth. I was in an isolation booth. You know what that entails? Pretty damned close to a cubicle. You know what I did? I started to whine about it, but soon as my father received the letter explaining my punishment, I wasn't whining about the isolation booth. I was told to STOP whining and accept the responsibilities for my actions. And I got my ass handed to me.
Too many times I hear about how "good" parents support their children, but those "good" parents take it too far. They have seem to forgotten that their darling children who could do no harm, do in fact do harm, or disrupt a class, or treat a fellow student like shit. And once those children are called for their actions outside of their home, those "good" parents cry "foul" towards the school. They use any excuse to make it seem like it was the teachers fault or the schools fault for not handling the situation better. What, is making a child or teenager fess up to their misdeeds and accept the consequences not handling the situation? What is wrong with these "good" parents??? They are teaching their children the exact opposite of what they should learn by making excuses for them. If you think about it, these parents are making excuses for themselves just because everyone knows that this child is generally a product of their environment. The parents don't want the finger pointed at them. That would make them look bad. So what if their child cursed out a teacher for assigning extra homework. The teacher shouldn't of assigned extra homework, so the child would not of had to curse her out.
Is that really just the greatest example to set upon your kids? If it wasn't for discipline, these children would be teaching us, and that would be the blind leading the blissfully ignorant.
WTH

Tullahoma, TN

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Maybe it's a southern thing but when I went to school up north children were still considerd persons treated as any adult would be treated.
This school was one of the top schools in Ohio.
One of the highest rated in the US.
WTH

Tullahoma, TN

#8 Nov 29, 2012
Oh and I forgot to mention this county also rated in the top income in the good ole USA.
Wow... all this and no paddles and no isolation booths.
Can you say the same?
WTH H

Cookeville, TN

#9 Nov 29, 2012
Funny you didn't mention the crime rate in your county WTH. What brought you down here to live with us Backward dumb ass's ?
johnmayersuxdix

United States

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Lib wrote:
Yeah because it's soooooo the same
* sorry but I have to snicker
. didn't you mean sucker because we all know you love to be
haha

United States

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Everyone just can't wait to work with the no paddle/no detention/never get in trouble/not ever told no generation.
haha

Monroe, NC

#12 Nov 29, 2012
Sometime in the near future, actually right now:

Manager
"Sorry but we're going to have fire you for being late 11 times out of the last 20 days"

Employee
"Wah, that's not fair. You can't do that. There should be a law that says you can't fire me for being late.."

Manager
"Sorry that's just how it is. You should've come to work on time"

Employee
"That's not fair, your picking on me"

Manager
"Sorry, We expect employees to be on time. You were warned each time after the first 3 times"

Employee
"That's not fair, I only did it a few times"

Manager
"You did it 11 out of the last 20 days, we should've fired you after you did it 5 times"

Employee
"This is Bullsh*t"

Manager
"Sorry, get your stuff and go"

Employee
"I'm going to sue"
haha

Monroe, NC

#13 Nov 29, 2012
Then the libs will say
"That's not fair, it should be the law that they can't fire you unless you're late 10 times"

To which every other person with common sense would say
"Please, you just don't want rules"

And then the libs will say
"You just don't have any compassion"
Lib

Monroe, NC

#14 Nov 29, 2012
Me liberal
Me not like any rules
Everything me believe in simply boils down to going against, or not wanting to have or follow rules

Me....am....liberal
Hey

Tullahoma, TN

#15 Nov 29, 2012
WTH H wrote:
Funny you didn't mention the crime rate in your county WTH. What brought you down here to live with us Backward dumb ass's ?
The crime rate nothing like here.
It seems you think spare the rod and spoil the child and how if you do not treat children in this manner they will not amount to much.
What I was saying is the school was highly rated and they did amount to something as the income level proved.
My home is for sale and I will be moving back up north.
I would rather deal with a few feet of snow.
Cornfused

Cookeville, TN

#16 Nov 29, 2012
Lib wrote:
-Us liberal
-Us liberals complain to school for paddling our kids as punishment
-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids extra work as punishment
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids extra work as punishment
-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids detention as punishment
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids detention as punishment
-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids in school suspension as punishment
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids in school detention as punishment
-So next time they get in trouble, school gives our kids in school suspension in isolation
-Us liberals complain to school for giving our kids in school detention with isolation as punishment
Us liberals not see the pattern
I don't get all your pycho babble bullsh38!
hahaha

Monroe, NC

#17 Nov 29, 2012
Cornfused wrote:
<quoted text>I don't get all your pycho babble bullsh38!
I get it just fine.
It's mocking what libs would say or what libs believe, which is no rules and that there is no wrong. And that libs go against everything that is tradition in this country.
hahaha

Monroe, NC

#18 Nov 29, 2012
And how do liberals vote 99.9% of the time?

You guessed it, Democrat
Think about it next time you vote
Cornfused

Cookeville, TN

#19 Nov 29, 2012
I don't understand everyone's psycho babble, I am , no liberal or a conservative!!What the heck does that have to do with people in authority locking up children like animals? As if the animals don't have it bad enough!!!!If you're okay with your kids being locked up in a padded cell,so be it, I for 1 am not!!!
info

Sparta, TN

#20 Nov 30, 2012
WTH wrote:
Maybe it's a southern thing but when I went to school up north children were still considerd persons treated as any adult would be treated.
This school was one of the top schools in Ohio.
One of the highest rated in the US.
You evidently went to the same school I did. Small world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton or Trump for President 2 hr Brad 7
free school supplies 5 hr Seriously 63
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) 7 hr Menotyou 510
snitch (Oct '14) 15 hr nobodys 14
Carlen Chevrolet Service Department (Sep '11) 15 hr Happy with chevy 19
I think my baby mama is a junky/bipolar and I ... 15 hr Big n Busty 2
pokemon go! 17 hr bob 15

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance