ttu nursing school
wondering

Cookeville, TN

#22 Feb 17, 2012
I'm sort of wondering what they're going to do now that Dr. Redding has assumed sole responsibility over the A&P course since Williard retired. Nobody who hasn't had their nose up science's ass since high school can be expected to do well in that class.
aspiring nurse

Cookeville, TN

#23 Feb 29, 2012
Reading all of this stuff made me really depressed :( I have a good GPA by any standard (5.6) but apparently that isn't good enough to get in so now I'm sweating bullets. I have a friend who got accepted in the Vanderbilt Medical School with a 5.6, although he did have some pretty amazing life experiences to go with that but still.
lulzy

Cookeville, TN

#24 Mar 23, 2012
TTU nursing school sucks.
Untrue

Livingston, TN

#25 Mar 24, 2012
I must clarify that getting into the nursing program is not about who you are or who you know. Granted their might be a few circumstances where a doctor's son/daughter get picked just for who they are and donations from them that the school will receive. However, my fiance came from one of the poorest counties in Tennessee that ranked highest in unemployment last year. He went to Tech by way of scholarships, holding a job, and by working his ass off to keep his GPA up. He did not get in by his reputation, his parent's money (they can't even afford themselves), or any connections at all. He got in by all of his hard work and it is possible for others to do the same. It is hard to get in because it is a highly sought after profession and the school is one of the best around here.
PizzaLover

Cookeville, TN

#26 Mar 31, 2012
You can not get into TTU's nursing program with less than a 3.7 so if you have less than that you shouldn't waste your time.
needs2know

Crossville, TN

#27 Jun 19, 2012
Does anybody know when they send out letters telling whether or not you were accepted into the school?
Derp

Crossville, TN

#28 Jun 19, 2012
needs2know wrote:
Does anybody know when they send out letters telling whether or not you were accepted into the school?
Never because they don't accept anybody.
rogerbuns

Cookeville, TN

#30 Jun 19, 2012
why would somebody wanting an education go to a community school when the tennessee technological school is right in your back yard theat would be like going to steak and shake when the ocharlie and the applebee and the outback and the longhorns and the logans are right across the street it is a little bit cheaper but it is just a cheap easy way out you should go to a real school and get a real education and not complain about not getting into a finer school when you are taking the shortcut they let a lot of people into the school but not people taking the short and easy track and i could go on and on because the education track is one that i find very famiiiar to me and it has helped my family over the years expect some great things from this life we live
What a Freaking Joke

Sparta, TN

#31 Jun 19, 2012
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone after hearing all the crap that goes down there!!! The professor's that work their are hippocrates! They will bend the rules for students they want to succeed but if your on the other end you better work your butt off and have nothing planned for 2 years except nursing school. They have a high pass rate on the NCLEX but when those students join the working world they are let go 50% of the time because they can't keep up in the real world! TTU needs to worry more about the students and not waste millions of dollars on a glitched facility. Use this money to hire more professor's who actually care if the students succeed!!! As much as a shortage of nurses there is you would think all nursing schools would be doing their best to make sure there students succeed. I don't care about passing the NCLEX if I won't be able to hold down a job once doing so! I applied an got into Tech then changed my mind when I got accepted it was based solo of GPA...I had a 3.87 I do not regret my choice and I will be graduating this DEC!:)
Confused

Cookeville, TN

#32 Jun 19, 2012
What a Freaking Joke wrote:
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone after hearing all the crap that goes down there!!! The professor's that work their are hippocrates! They will bend the rules for students they want to succeed but if your on the other end you better work your butt off and have nothing planned for 2 years except nursing school. They have a high pass rate on the NCLEX but when those students join the working world they are let go 50% of the time because they can't keep up in the real world! TTU needs to worry more about the students and not waste millions of dollars on a glitched facility. Use this money to hire more professor's who actually care if the students succeed!!! As much as a shortage of nurses there is you would think all nursing schools would be doing their best to make sure there students succeed. I don't care about passing the NCLEX if I won't be able to hold down a job once doing so! I applied an got into Tech then changed my mind when I got accepted it was based solo of GPA...I had a 3.87 I do not regret my choice and I will be graduating this DEC!:)
What in the bloody hell was your point? You rambled like an idiot, and made no sense.
What do you do

Crossville, TN

#33 Jun 19, 2012
If you apply for nursing program and don't get in, what do you do??
Sky Daddy

Crossville, TN

#34 Jun 19, 2012
What do you do wrote:
If you apply for nursing program and don't get in, what do you do??
Apply at different schools or switch majors.
What do you do

Crossville, TN

#35 Jun 19, 2012
I guess what I ment to say... which school is the alternative? And what major is and alternative? I need back up plan...
Interesting

Crossville, TN

#36 Jun 20, 2012
What a Freaking Joke wrote:
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone after hearing all the crap that goes down there!!! The professor's that work their are hippocrates! They will bend the rules for students they want to succeed but if your on the other end you better work your butt off and have nothing planned for 2 years except nursing school. They have a high pass rate on the NCLEX but when those students join the working world they are let go 50% of the time because they can't keep up in the real world! TTU needs to worry more about the students and not waste millions of dollars on a glitched facility. Use this money to hire more professor's who actually care if the students succeed!!! As much as a shortage of nurses there is you would think all nursing schools would be doing their best to make sure there students succeed. I don't care about passing the NCLEX if I won't be able to hold down a job once doing so! I applied an got into Tech then changed my mind when I got accepted it was based solo of GPA...I had a 3.87 I do not regret my choice and I will be graduating this DEC!:)
You sound like somebody who has an ax to grind because they didn't get accepted or because they failed out of the program. It is not the school's responsibility to teach students about the "real world." Students should be taking the initiative to pick up on that during clinicals and if after two years worth of "real world" exposure you can't manage to hold down a job, then that's your own damn fault.
anon

Crossville, TN

#37 Jun 20, 2012
What a Freaking Joke wrote:
I applied an got into Tech then changed my mind when I got accepted it was based solo of GPA...I had a 3.87 I do not regret my choice and I will be graduating this DEC!:)
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I also think you're full of BS (ie: you didn't get accepted to begin with and now you're ranting) I know for a fact that somebody with a 3.2 was accepted last semester so your theory about admission being based "solo of GPA" is a load of rubbish. I also know that this person doesn't have any special connections so there goes the good ol' boy thing, as well.
pizza lover

Crossville, TN

#38 Jun 20, 2012
rogerbuns wrote:
why would somebody wanting an education go to a community school when the tennessee technological school is right in your back yard theat would be like going to steak and shake when the ocharlie and the applebee and the outback and the longhorns and the logans are right across the street it is a little bit cheaper but it is just a cheap easy way out you should go to a real school and get a real education and not complain about not getting into a finer school when you are taking the shortcut they let a lot of people into the school but not people taking the short and easy track and i could go on and on because the education track is one that i find very famiiiar to me and it has helped my family over the years expect some great things from this life we live
Uh....for one, WTF are you talking about. And secondly, I know of people going to Vanderbilt and UT, one being a second year med student, who started at community colleges. Why are you speaking out about this anyways? You likely haven't attended any college.
lets see

United States

#39 Jun 20, 2012
U got to bend over spread those cheeks n let the teachers stick it in n give u some creampie like all the girls do then they wind up at hair school
What A Freaking Joke

Sparta, TN

#40 Jun 26, 2012
Ha ha! Just stating the facts when I applied and got in I know for 100% fact it was based on nothing but GPA... I also have no ax to grind. I simply rejected this school after talking with some good friends of mine that graduated from there... an the one's who where let go were there for 6-8weeks and couldnt keep up and this is why I am thankful to have made the right decision..I can't wait till I graduate and make 25+/hr :)
Youre A Freaking Joke

Crossville, TN

#41 Jun 26, 2012
What A Freaking Joke wrote:
Ha ha! Just stating the facts when I applied and got in I know for 100% fact it was based on nothing but GPA... I also have no ax to grind. I simply rejected this school after talking with some good friends of mine that graduated from there... an the one's who where let go were there for 6-8weeks and couldnt keep up and this is why I am thankful to have made the right decision..I can't wait till I graduate and make 25+/hr :)
If it's based on nothing but GPA then please explain how students with 4.0s were denied last semester and others with lower GPAs were accepted. Your typing abilities, or lack thereof, speak volumes as to why you weren't accepted.(nobody's buying the "I was accepted by decided to go somewhere else" BS, btw.)
likely story

Crossville, TN

#42 Jun 27, 2012
What A Freaking Joke wrote:
Ha ha! Just stating the facts when I applied and got in I know for 100% fact it was based on nothing but GPA... I also have no ax to grind. I simply rejected this school after talking with some good friends of mine that graduated from there... an the one's who where let go were there for 6-8weeks and couldnt keep up and this is why I am thankful to have made the right decision..I can't wait till I graduate and make 25+/hr :)
LPNs don't make $25/hr. Sorry TTC Livingston didn't tell you that before you gave them your money, bro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption at Tech 5 min Educated Atheist 65
Chris swallows 30 min Las 2
Ryan Allison busted stealing golf clubs 31 min Jason s 26
Proposed Fairground Purchase 44 min well 6
Dental implants 52 min truthful 4
The No Tax Bill for the dirty Rich, Was NOT Pa... 56 min truthful 3
Hardee's on willow 1 hr Alice 11

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages