He had marijuana to 'celebrate' new l...

He had marijuana to 'celebrate' new laws in other states

There are 224 comments on the Herald-Citizen story from Nov 14, 2012, titled He had marijuana to 'celebrate' new laws in other states. In it, Herald-Citizen reports that:

A man who got caught with marijuana here allegedly told police he was only celebrating the recent legalization of that drug in two other states.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Citizen.

F-in crybaby

Morrison, TN

#42 Nov 19, 2012
just sayin...guess you are against ppl with tattoos having jobs too. What i do on my own time is none of my employers business. You got so much negative to say about this place... GTFO. problem solved.
F-in crybaby

Morrison, TN

#43 Nov 19, 2012
I dont care what degree or job or amount of money yo have you are no better than anyone else. you bleed too and all that shit don't make a lick of difference. Worms will eat you same as me and everyone else
TTH

Manchester, TN

#44 Nov 19, 2012
Oh sure no argument there. There will always be room at the bottom of the barrel of life for drug users. It is your life, do with it what you will.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#45 Nov 19, 2012
F-in crybaby wrote:
just sayin...guess you are against ppl with tattoos having jobs too. What i do on my own time is none of my employers business. You got so much negative to say about this place... GTFO. problem solved.
Well you are wrong on this also. The only negative thing I have ever said about "this place" are the my frequent comments regarding the prevalence and acceptance of drug abuse. Unfortunately this puts me at odds with a fairly large segment of the local population. The normal folks who have to pay the bills for the drug users generally agree with my opinions.
buffalo-bill

Cookeville, TN

#46 Nov 19, 2012
TTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Legitimate argument? Inform your employer of your willingness to engage in the use of illegal substances for recreational purposes. Since your little herb is harmless it wouldn't be a problem would it? I would love to listen to that "legitimate argument." Is your family aware you are willing to risk their financial well being with your selfish drug use? Somehow, I wouldn't imagine you would be too terribly concerned with them. LOL.....you are a dumba$$. Now go suck your joint.
This here is what you call a complete jack-azz, who thinks alcohol is not a problem, and should be illegal. Pot will be legal in most states, it's just a matter of time. People like above have no clue on this matter.
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#47 Nov 19, 2012
Ever notice the anti cannabis morons never cite credible scientific evidence to back up their ridiculous position. They only thing they can come up with is stereotyping and their own self righteous asshattery. Be glad you don't live near one of these nosy busybodies! I own my own company and work 60-80 hours a week but still find time for a little smoke once in a while. I could care less what my employees do on their own time but if they bring it in the workplace they are gone. Personally I think that's a fair trade off!

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#48 Nov 19, 2012
I dont care, i hate those who would place people in danger by driving under the influence. Ive never seen a decent argument against cannibis though,it's generally just someones irrational fear of the substance.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#49 Nov 19, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Ever notice the anti cannabis morons never cite credible scientific evidence to back up their ridiculous position. They only thing they can come up with is stereotyping and their own self righteous asshattery. Be glad you don't live near one of these nosy busybodies! I own my own company and work 60-80 hours a week but still find time for a little smoke once in a while. I could care less what my employees do on their own time but if they bring it in the workplace they are gone. Personally I think that's a fair trade off!
If you have employees working for you under the influence of drugs you are an absolute dumbA$$. You can look forward to some interesting days in court the first time you face a liability claim. Good luck with that.

The only statistics I need are the legions of useless clowns on the government til because they refuse to work but somehow find a way to buy their drugs. I wonder how? LOL

Ok I'm thru with this for awhile. I have again had my fun toying with dumba$$ druggies. LOL
notslaves

Chicago, IL

#50 Nov 19, 2012
TTH wrote:
<quoted text>
If indeed you have worked for a municipality or an "engineering firm" you have cheated those entities with your acceptance of delivering a product (your body of work) developed at less than your potential due to your drug use.
I can't imagine what it's like to go through life thinking that your employer owns your body. You have a really strange mindset... there's more to life, at least for most people, than work.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#51 Nov 19, 2012
Yes indeed, my frame of reference and yours is completely different. Most using drugs have wasted their lives and have no idea what it means to do something for a living you enjoy doing. Too bad for you.
whoosh

Chicago, IL

#52 Nov 19, 2012
TTH wrote:
Most using drugs have wasted their lives and have no idea what it means to do something for a living you enjoy doing.
(Citation Needed)
TTH wrote:
Most using drugs have wasted their lives
he said, after posting on Topix all day.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#53 Nov 19, 2012
LOL "Citation needed"......you friggin idiot.....do you need a citation to see that a pothead is a loser? LOL

I can spend all day on Topix anytime I choose thank you very much, and do when I choose to waste a little time with the village idiots. LOL
isithim

Chicago, IL

#54 Nov 19, 2012
TTH wrote:
LOL "Citation needed"......you friggin idiot.....do you need a citation to see that a pothead is a loser? LOL
Um, yes? Our last three presidents have smoked weed. Bill Gates smoked weed. Steve Jobs smoked weed (and dropped LSD). Olympic record-setter Michael Phelps was photographed hitting a bong. Hell, Arnold Schwarzenegger was Mr. Universe, an international movie star, and a governor and he's got a video of him smoking weed on the Internet.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#55 Nov 19, 2012
I hope for your sake that your surgeon, airline pilot, tractor trailer driver in the rear view mirror, kids bus driver or teacher are pot smokers. It sounds like you think it would be an excellent idea. I also believe in survival of the fittest. LOL
ratatat

Chicago, IL

#56 Nov 19, 2012
TTH wrote:
I hope for your sake that your surgeon, airline pilot, tractor trailer driver in the rear view mirror, kids bus driver or teacher are pot smokers. It sounds like you think it would be an excellent idea. I also believe in survival of the fittest. LOL
That's kind of incoherent, as perishing in a botched surgery, plane crash, or highway accident due to the fault of another would be a random occurrence that has nothing to do with genetic fitness and thus would not fulfill a evolutionary role.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#57 Nov 19, 2012
Considering levels of cognitive function can be at least in part related to certain genetic traits then yes, the demise of lower functioning individuals due to drug abuse could be considered as fulfilling an evolutionary role. Of course outside of true genetic predispositions you could easily point to learned behaviors of those who lack the ability to make intelligent personal choices, without external positive intervention who eventually do harm to themselves and others around them as a result of their drug use. So yes either could easily be categorized as a result of genetic or at least developmental fitness.
sriracha

Chicago, IL

#58 Nov 19, 2012
TTH wrote:
Considering levels of cognitive function can be at least in part related to certain genetic traits then yes, the demise of lower functioning individuals due to drug abuse could be considered as fulfilling an evolutionary role. Of course outside of true genetic predispositions you could easily point to learned behaviors of those who lack the ability to make intelligent personal choices, without external positive intervention who eventually do harm to themselves and others around them as a result of their drug use. So yes either could easily be categorized as a result of genetic or at least developmental fitness.
You were talking specifically about hoping my "airplane pilot" used drugs and that I would die as a result, then talked about survival of the fittest. That's not an evolutionary pressure, though, because my cognitive functioning has nothing to do with the essentially random nature of accidents such as plane crashes. Hell, the only car crash I've been in is when I was rear-ended when I stopped at a red light - if that had killed me that would not have fulfilled an evolutionary role, as there would have been no genetic or cognitive component on my part that had led to my death.

You know what the difference is between smoking weed and posting on Topix? One leaves you brain damaged and paranoid, and the other is smoking weed.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#59 Nov 19, 2012
Weed smokers will take care of themselves unfortunately. Primarily by eliminating themselves from the possibility of successful pursuit of any worthwhile endeavor. That of course is purely based on a lifetime of observational evidence. I suppose it is really just another excuse to justify failure. Drug use is certainly easier than the effort required to succeed. It is for the weak minded and those of weak character. If that is your forte then so be it.
lalws

Crossville, TN

#60 Nov 19, 2012
TTH wrote:
Weed smokers will take care of themselves unfortunately. Primarily by eliminating themselves from the possibility of successful pursuit of any worthwhile endeavor. That of course is purely based on a lifetime of observational evidence. I suppose it is really just another excuse to justify failure. Drug use is certainly easier than the effort required to succeed. It is for the weak minded and those of weak character. If that is your forte then so be it.
all i got to say to you is your an ingorant dum4ss. you are clearly the only person here that is still anti pot. u are so dumb i bet you are either a grumpy old man or your a nerd that got mad fun of by kids that did drugs your a loser and the fact that u live in sparta makes it worse either smoke yourself one time then you can judge and your opion will matter but till that day you can crawl bank in your hole in sparta and die piss off i hope you end up with a script of pain pills that u have to take and get addicted go play in traffic
lalws

Crossville, TN

#61 Nov 19, 2012
if someone who smokes pot cant possibly do anything with there life you explain to me how the president that we have right now says that he did smoke weed and he inhaled it many famous people and aritsts were under the influance of drugs i bet some of your fav bands that you listen to have wrote songs under the influance of drugs such as kurt cobain or whitney houstan unless your a bible thumpimg hardcore christan. you make me lagh so hard you just hate weed and dont have any reason other than you hate drug users but people who smoke weed are normal and dont do stupid sh1t like the government would have you belive all it does is make you happy then hungry then tired there is no proven ill side effects and even the bible talks of a plant of life that will have thousands of uses and there is no other god made plant on this earth that can offer as much as the pot plant the whole plant is used the flowers are the buds and there is tremendous medicanal properties behind it without the tch that the hospital gave y grandmother she wouldnt be able to eat because of all the pain eds she had to have because of kemo weeds main chemical thc let me see my grandmother for a litle longer and the stem of the plant can be esed to make hemp and there is enless numbers of things hemp can be used to make grow up do some reserch and then make an informed decision dont make them based solely apon how you personaly feel about it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to darty boy 37 min garcia 7
Where is the strangest place that you have had ... (Oct '09) 40 min garcia 76
List exceptionally good doctors in or close to ... (Jun '14) 1 hr Bipolarbabe 5
Haunted Places to Investigate near Cookeville T... (Aug '12) 2 hr ROD 46
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) 2 hr Morgan 656
Screw the NFL 3 hr Trump 97
attorney henry fincher (Dec '11) 3 hr Enoch of wisdom 15

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages