First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 9, 2012
Are there any good defensible caves around here?
Robert Derpsfield

Crossville, TN

#2 Dec 9, 2012
I've got a cave you can hang out in. You might wanna wear a raincoat, though.

Location hidden

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Not that I am into "prepping" but a friend asked me to check..And Robert, why would I want to hang out in a wet cave?

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#4 Dec 11, 2012
You live on dry valley road and you're asking about caves. the most approachable one is terry cave but that guy put a sign up. I like the one at parragon and brotherton, i think that's the riogh junction, may be a pit cave though. Um, theres one by buck lake, i think on the eastern part of where the lake is but im not certain. Poplar grove area has many.You should check out the book about caves in the Tennessee room of the library, it's reference aso you cant check it out but the book was written by a tech professor or some such shit. One cave up toward monterey lake is supposed to be a people friendly cave but from what i read, i wouldnt want to spend enough time in there to avoid fallout or anything and i'm not sure that it'd be a good fallout cave. Now, the moist caves you were complaining about may contain cool streams for refrigeration. Please enjoy your survivalist lifestyle and dont shoot your eye out!
lmao

Cookeville, TN

#5 Dec 11, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
You live on dry valley road and you're asking about caves. the most approachable one is terry cave but that guy put a sign up. I like the one at parragon and brotherton, i think that's the riogh junction, may be a pit cave though. Um, theres one by buck lake, i think on the eastern part of where the lake is but im not certain. Poplar grove area has many.You should check out the book about caves in the Tennessee room of the library, it's reference aso you cant check it out but the book was written by a tech professor or some such shit. One cave up toward monterey lake is supposed to be a people friendly cave but from what i read, i wouldnt want to spend enough time in there to avoid fallout or anything and i'm not sure that it'd be a good fallout cave. Now, the moist caves you were complaining about may contain cool streams for refrigeration. Please enjoy your survivalist lifestyle and dont shoot your eye out!
man you psycho.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 11, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
I live on Dodson Branch at Soard apartments...I don't even know where dry valley road is...the question about caves is not for me...a friend ask me to ask thats all. And after reading a few posts it looks like you are hated on topix...are you?

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#7 Dec 13, 2012
Booger Swamp wrote:
<quoted text>
I live on Dodson Branch at Soard apartments...I don't even know where dry valley road is...the question about caves is not for me...a friend ask me to ask thats all. And after reading a few posts it looks like you are hated on topix...are you?
Thanks for paying attention, sperm lick. Change your screen name.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 13, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for paying attention, sperm lick. Change your screen name.
No?
lol

Crossville, TN

#9 Dec 13, 2012
Booger Swamp wrote:
Are there any good defensible caves around here?
Defensible? LOL LOL
lol

Crossville, TN

#10 Dec 13, 2012
Booger Swamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? One person bothers to answer you with helpful info and you insult him? The only people that hate Joey are those that hate everyone not as prejudice and "christian" as they are. Tell your "friend" all the caves that are easily defended are all on private land. Does he really think he can just waltz in and take over a cave? LOL LOL

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Booger Swamp wrote:
<quoted text>
No?
Yes, and stay out of the suggested sewage system as the manner in which it's cleaned smells pleasent but is toxic. Chances are, everyone wouldnt be killed in a doomsday situation so they may still clean it, it's crucial.
Lawlzy

Cookeville, TN

#12 Dec 22, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and stay out of the suggested sewage system as the manner in which it's cleaned smells pleasent but is toxic. Chances are, everyone wouldnt be killed in a doomsday situation so they may still clean it, it's crucial.
All I would have to say to you in person is boo! And you would run like forest gump sissy How would you like me to dot them eyes Joey ?
Lawlzy

Cookeville, TN

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Booger Swamp wrote:
<quoted text>
What brings you to Cookeville? Did they run you out from your home town mooch?

Location hidden

#14 Dec 22, 2012
Lawlzy wrote:
<quoted text>What brings you to Cookeville? Did they run you out from your home town mooch?
A 2012 Humvee...and no.
Lawlzy

Cookeville, TN

#15 Dec 22, 2012
Booger Swamp wrote:
<quoted text>
A 2012 Humvee...and no.
Sure LMAO but hey you play your cards right around here and you could own a nice ride and have plenty of jack.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 22, 2012
Lawlzy wrote:
<quoted text>Sure LMAO but hey you play your cards right around here and you could own a nice ride and have plenty of jack.
Yeah I hope I play my cards right I could use a nice "ride" and plenty of "jack". Heck yeah...golly dang.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#17 Dec 27, 2012
I'd like to know why my remarks were judged in such a way, i'm the only person here who actually brought some ideas and suggestions to the table.
What

Mcminnville, TN

#18 Dec 27, 2012
Caves are defensible if you are planning to make a last stand. Sooner or later the "bad guys" will kill you. They can gas you out, use explosives to collapse the entrance or bring the whole thing down on you. You want a cave that's isolated and unknown for hiding, or for storage. Moisture is your biggest enemy.

You should look up building an earthen shelter and how to conceal it from observation and protection from the elements. A cave is bad because you're going to end up fighting someone over it as someone will be thinking of going to the same place when the shtf.

Whatever you do, don't fixate on a permanent dwelling. In a situation of lawlessness, you need to be ready to bug out again and again. If you are going to defend a fixed location, you need several allies. In a lawless world, the loner is going to get run over by the mob every time. Playing Jeremiah Johnson in the wilderness might work out west somewhere, but the Eastern US is just too populated. Get a game plan with your neighbors and defend your community/neighborhood. Never be the loner. Ever.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#19 Dec 28, 2012
Somebody must be out to prove that democracy doesnt work, and it doesnt here in the third world.
Yeah I Said That

Fort Myers, FL

#20 Dec 28, 2012
This thread is so STUPID! A cave, LMFAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Butch chaffin must go 5 min Hope my wife didn... 161
News Council votes to buy property for police station 9 min City Sucks 7
News Neglected Property: Few owners facing fines (May '16) 13 min A holes 14
Hurt by Meth 1 hr HINI 4
What to do with MLK monuments? 3 hr True Panther 17
Greystone Developmment Eastern Frontal 4 hr Maggie 9
News Drug bust turns up lots of pot and $51k in cash (Feb '13) 4 hr King Tangy 8
Where is the strangest place that you have had ... (Oct '09) 10 hr Beat Dis 104

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages