Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Judged:

when i first moved here my roomate told me to go there. it was WACK. the only place that i know has had some freaky shit., no lie its like called mile marker 10. and my man was telling me the story on the way..and something about a bus full of kids were killed around the corner of mile marker 10 by a semi. and there was no one on the road the whole way there..and right before mile marker 10,a HUGE semi came FLYING around the corner, so i freakkkeeddd out, and then we had powder on the car. and there were little hand prints on them after our car moved up a rolling hill like they pused us up there.. people beileve what u want but i am a honest person and the shit seriously happened i am planning on making a trip up there this yr. and record it cuz shits wild!
WRONG

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

You are full of crap. First of all, semi's don't travel that road, it's just a little back roads mountain road. It's called and Woodcliff and also Brother mountain rd. It's between cookeville and Monterey.
I travel that road everyday and drive across it, it's just a place where kids go to spray paint it all the time. Some people are nuts, they think bad things do happen. The other day when I was coming across it there was some stupid lady sitting there with kids in the van, I thought she had broke down. NOPE, they were sitting there waiting to see if something bad would happen to them, they were takin up the whole friggin road. Wise up people. It's just a little bridge. GEEZ MILE MARKER 10???? There are no mile markers on that road, it's just a little country back road.
WRONG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

No you are wrong....wrong. They sacrifice animals below it.
Cookeville Native

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

The Mile Marker 10 story is from Crossville I believe and has nothing to do with The Crazy George's Bridge tale.
Cookeville

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

scary wrote:
Any Stories out there
Dont go to crazy george's bridge on halloween!!
There's a witch cemetary to your left right before you go to the bridge...dont believe me check it out!!
Also if you turn down the road to the left right beside the cemetary and go down the hill you'll find another cemetary beside a church go thru it and you'll find the cave where they have cermonies
wawawa

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

I know for a fact that people do some freaky shit under the bridge but nobody has been killed there that I'm aware of.
wawawa

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

Well I mean, nobody has been killed other than what the legend proclaims; that Crazy George was decapitated by a train under the bridge. Like I said though, it's just an urban legend and nobody knows if there's any truth to it.
sometruth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

wawawa wrote:
Well I mean, nobody has been killed other than what the legend proclaims; that Crazy George was decapitated by a train under the bridge. Like I said though, it's just an urban legend and nobody knows if there's any truth to it.
It's not just a legend. Well, the haunting part is, but there really was a man killed down there. I'm not just talking bullcrap either. I have a friend who did research on the incident, and there was an old town drunk that was killed by a train. I don't think he was decapitated, but he was run over.
sometruth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

Cookeville wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a witch cemetary to your left right before you go to the bridge...dont believe me check it out!!
Also if you turn down the road to the left right beside the cemetary and go down the hill you'll find another cemetary beside a church go thru it and you'll find the cave where they have cermonies
That's NOT a witch cemetary. People think it is because of the stars on the graves, but come to find out that was a "stamp" the stone maker left as a signature. Totally not haunted.
wow

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

Mile Marker 10 is in crossville and is very real. Now whether its the ghosts of children or some force of nature its still very real.

True story- I went with friends to see this mysterious place and not only did we roll up a hill in neutral, when going back towards town we threw the car in neutral and got stopped before the bottom of the hill and rolled back up backwards. Then to top it off as we were leaving a semi got behind us (no other traffic the whole time) and eventually passed us at a high rate of speed. We slammed on the breaks cause we were i the curvy part of the road, it really scared us. Then sped up to get the license plate of the truck and it was no where to be found. That was the only time that happened but had other weird experiences at other visits.
Friend of Cookeville

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

George Furman did a movie about it a few years ago It only played at the drama center in cookeville, but it had a big budge for a local film.

I think it was called The legend of Crazy George" Anone remember the movie? I never got to see it.
warriorhead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

I was always told that if you stop on the bridge late at night and turned your vehicle off it would not start back up. Well had to try it one night coming home from work. It started back up but I will admit I was scared it wouldnt.
Friend of Cookeville

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

wawawa

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

sometruth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just a legend. Well, the haunting part is, but there really was a man killed down there. I'm not just talking bullcrap either. I have a friend who did research on the incident, and there was an old town drunk that was killed by a train. I don't think he was decapitated, but he was run over.
His name wasn't George though.
sometruth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Friend of Cookeville wrote:
George Furman did a movie about it a few years ago It only played at the drama center in cookeville, but it had a big budge for a local film.
I think it was called The legend of Crazy George" Anone remember the movie? I never got to see it.
Yep.. he was the one I was talking about doing the research. The movie is fictional, but the fact that someone died there is true.
sometruth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

wawawa wrote:
<quoted text>
His name wasn't George though.
Didn't say it was. lol
DinnerBellRulz

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Cookeville wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not a witch cemetary. Those graves have those marks on them because they are all the same family and they all died around the same time and from the same disease epidemic (either cholera or smallpox, can't remember now.) But it is a little freaky-seeming, I've always understood why kids spread that rumor.
Scary

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

I heard people do go crazy under the bridge and in the cave on halloween. I have heard you can find decapitated animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kim Blaylock (Jun '13) 57 min pizz on Kim 104
Ashley Furniture 1 hr witches 52
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr BCAlien 123,971
UCRA board considers hangar meeting space upgrade 1 hr lawl 2
McMansion across from Chattsworth (Jan '11) 1 hr lawl 86
Do you approve of Wayne Nabors as County Clerk? 3 hr Felix 71
Voters Beware 4 hr Olivia 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••