Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

Comments (Page 2,717)

Showing posts 54,321 - 54,340 of124,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Pisster wrote:
and a mom that should have kept her guns locked up !
You know, I thought the same thing when I read that so many People knew the Shooter "had problems". But, I didn't post it because I don't know, yet, where he got the guns...whether or not they belonged to his Mother.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I thought the same thing when I read that so many People knew the Shooter "had problems". But, I didn't post it because I don't know, yet, where he got the guns...whether or not they belonged to his Mother.
The news is reporting that they were all registered to his mother.
Pisster

Union, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

he had it all planned out bullet proof vest n all !
Pisster

Union, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Beth Israel, who lived for a time on the same street as the Lanzas, recalled Adam Lanza as withdrawn, but not threatening in any way.

“Overall, I would just call him a socially awkward kid, I don’t know, shy and quiet. Didn’t really look you in the eye,” Israel said in a telephone interview Friday night.“Just kind of a weird kid, maybe. I can’t tell you any specific incidents why [I thought so],” she said

Reported from Washington Post about the killer- watch out for the nice quiet onez is what Ive alwayz heard

innocent kidz being harmed hurt killed is what pushez my buttonz itz like kill your mom or yourself if you want but leave children alone ! sicko

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

OldTennGranny wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree !
I agree with that statement, also. But, asking Teachers to come to class armed, I'm afraid, could cause more problems than it would solve, detract from their "teaching" duties and how many of them would be willing to do it? Plus, what message would that send to the Students, especially at that age?

I just see Assigned Police Officers or Trained Armed Security Guards as the only answer, that I can think of....and where are we going to get the money?

It's a problem with NO easy answers, but we have to do something! We CANNOT continue to allow this happen. "Columbine" was One Time Too Many, and now Little 5 to 10-year-olds? It just CANNOT continue!
If those Surviving Children don't have problems for the rest of their Lives because of this, I'll be the most surprised Person on earth. I hope they ALL get counseling to help them deal with this and I hope it works.
Pisster

Union, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

oh i didnt mean itz ok to kill his mom but he coulda left them kids alone ! i m just rambling

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
The news is reporting that they were all registered to his mother.
Then, I agree...what on earth was she thinking? She should not only have had them locked up, she should have had them hidden from him!
She, of all People, should have known what her Son might be capable of doing! She paid the price for her inattentiveness, her denial, or whatever it was, but so have so many Others that were totally innocent.
It just boggles the Mind!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Pisster wrote:
oh i didnt mean itz ok to kill his mom but he coulda left them kids alone ! i m just rambling
No, you're just trying to make some sense out of it, as we ALL are...and that's a perfectly normal thing for the Mind to do, when it just can't "compute" something so irrational and horrible.
Pisster

Union, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

she problly didnt want all her friendz n teacherz n the community to know he was crazy so she swept it under the rug n acted like all waz good i guarantee he was physically n mentally anusive to her n she lived in fear what a nut case

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Pisster wrote:
Beth Israel, who lived for a time on the same street as the Lanzas, recalled Adam Lanza as withdrawn, but not threatening in any way.
“Overall, I would just call him a socially awkward kid, I don’t know, shy and quiet. Didn’t really look you in the eye,” Israel said in a telephone interview Friday night.“Just kind of a weird kid, maybe. I can’t tell you any specific incidents why [I thought so],” she said
Reported from Washington Post about the killer- watch out for the nice quiet onez is what Ive alwayz heard
innocent kidz being harmed hurt killed is what pushez my buttonz itz like kill your mom or yourself if you want but leave children alone ! sicko
It's a Parent's job to try and get their Child to talk about what's going on in their head, when they are withdrawn and too quiet. A wise Parent knows that there's alot of thoughts and emotions going on with any Child once they reach their Teens and getting them to talk about some of it, at least, can mean the difference between a Child developing normally and turning out like this One. If they just won't talk about any of it, then they need some Professional Help to get them to "release" all those doubts, fears, and emotions that are caused even by hormones and just the "growing Up" process, in general. Too many Parents are too busy, too self-absorbed in their own problems to take the time and put forth the effort to do that...and in my opinion, that's a huge mistake!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're just trying to make some sense out of it, as we ALL are...and that's a perfectly normal thing for the Mind to do, when it just can't "compute" something so irrational and horrible.
This is just pure speculation on my part, but I wondered if he felt like she cared more about those kids than she did him. Again, that is just trying to think of some reason why he would do that after he had already killed his mom. In the early reporting it sounded like he had killed his mother in the classroom, and at least that would make some sense as to why he went there. And why put on a bullet proof vest if you are going to kill yourself?
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Many state mental health facilities have been closed due to cuts in funding. I think we have just turned many of them loose on society. This boy may have never been taken for a mental health evaluation, but from news reports, his mental health had been in question for some time, and it is a shame something was not done to prevent this.
Makes one wonder what congress will come up with. Last time it was bullets which was completely off in the wild blue. Let the liberals mention spending more for strengthening mental health and see what happens. Unfortunately the liberals seem stumped on what to do as well. Most likely nothing (again) will be done.
Melvan

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, I agree...what on earth was she thinking? She should not only have had them locked up, she should have had them hidden from him!
She, of all People, should have known what her Son might be capable of doing! She paid the price for her inattentiveness, her denial, or whatever it was, but so have so many Others that were totally innocent.
It just boggles the Mind!
When my son lived with me I kept my guns in my gun safe where most of them still are.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

His brother told the Investigator he was Autistic. Have u read how "gifted" the Autistic are in some manner? Theres usually a manner of some kind of brilliance in them.

His best friend said he was probably a Genius. There arrives that fine line between brilliance & insanity once again.

I wonder why they stopped doing those ear surgeries on the Autistic? It adjusted the hearing to the point that sounds did not sound frightening to them & it made them less capable of being violent. I never hear or read of the surgeries anymore & was just wondering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Pisster wrote:
she problly didnt want all her friendz n teacherz n the community to know he was crazy so she swept it under the rug n acted like all waz good i guarantee he was physically n mentally anusive to her n she lived in fear what a nut case
Unfortunately, you're probably right. But, Parents facing the same decision, should ask themselves...which is worse, admitting that your child isn't perfect and getting them the help they need, or risking something like this happening? It should be an easy decision!
And we should stop making Mental Illness a shameful thing! A Diseased Mind is no different than a disease of any other part of the body and we should start thinking of it in those terms!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

BC Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Makes one wonder what congress will come up with. Last time it was bullets which was completely off in the wild blue. Let the liberals mention spending more for strengthening mental health and see what happens. Unfortunately the liberals seem stumped on what to do as well. Most likely nothing (again) will be done.
The same is true for more spending on education. Everyone wants to beef up security for the schools right now, but wait until they ask for funding to do it and see what happens.
BC Alien

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
The same is true for more spending on education. Everyone wants to beef up security for the schools right now, but wait until they ask for funding to do it and see what happens.
Agree

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

BC Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Makes one wonder what congress will come up with. Last time it was bullets which was completely off in the wild blue. Let the liberals mention spending more for strengthening mental health and see what happens. Unfortunately the liberals seem stumped on what to do as well. Most likely nothing (again) will be done.
With this Bunch of "do-nothing, know-nothing" Congressmen that we have now, of BOTH Parties, you may be right!
It takes something like this to wake some People up about how important it is that we elect intelligent, sensible People to Congress, instead of a Bunch of Ideologues that don't know how to do anything else, but promote their Agenda!
Melvan

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you're probably right. But, Parents facing the same decision, should ask themselves...which is worse, admitting that your child isn't perfect and getting them the help they need, or risking something like this happening? It should be an easy decision!
And we should stop making Mental Illness a shameful thing! A Diseased Mind is no different than a disease of any other part of the body and we should start thinking of it in those terms!
This was a 20 year old and considered an adult there's nothing a parent can do unless he does something and it involves a court. I know I been through it with a son.
Pisster

Union, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

i agree with everythang u said about this matterz im on a tangent today about this so im gonna get back in the Christmas spirit n thank God for all we have to be happy about n thankful for today bless them families that there innocent kidz were tormented n tortured i hope good comez out if this i really do itz hard to see the trees for the forest or the light thru the clouds but there has to be a reason for this undespicable act of the Devil hisself only way i can xplain it to my kidz it waz demonic powerz n the devil using peoples souls in this spiritual war
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 54,321 - 54,340 of124,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
McMansion across from Chattsworth (Jan '11) 5 min Junior Samples 103
does anybody believe 8 million have signed up f... 6 min whats funny 29
County Commissioners who voted for Bandy? 13 min Cal 28
SunTrust Call Center. Good place to work? (May '12) 17 min Jasmine RICHARDSON 52
Kim Blaylock (Jun '13) 52 min disgusted-with-choices 143
Charles Mathis 1 hr Concerned Citizen 3
Candidate says signs being stolen 1 hr newsflash 19
Do you approve of Wayne Nabors as County Clerk? 3 hr campaign sign 85
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••