Comments
54,081 - 54,100 of 146,108 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#58920 Dec 12, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your meds and go to bed.
As usual,you are unreal,foolish..Tend to your own business.
Dr Ruttt

Grimsley, TN

#58922 Dec 12, 2012
don't take it prsonal show you're ignorananc

Location hidden

#58923 Dec 12, 2012
Dr Ruttt wrote:
don't take it prsonal show you're ignorananc
WHAT kind of message is this?
john mayer lookalike

Linden, TN

#58925 Dec 12, 2012
avery wrote:
<quoted text>You poor thing.......take your medication and go to bed and dream of Sassy.
That's what you will do "lesbian pegger"!
Goodbye

United States

#58926 Dec 12, 2012
Just shut-up already...No one reads the longwind crap you post on here! Find someone who wants to listen to you and have a private chat!
Really Sassy wrote:
Somehow, I screwed up up my whole post, in post #58821...so let me try to explain it more clearly.
If every Worker, in a Unionized workplace is required to be a Union Member...which is the requirement in a State that is NOT a "Right To Work" State, the Union is much stronger in that State's Unionized workplaces, which gives the Union more power to bargain for better wages, benefits, and working conditions for the Employees of those particular Unionized workplaces.
In a "Right to work" State, where EVERY Worker has a choice of whether or not to join the Union, Ther will be workers who will choose NOT to join the Union. Even though the Union-negotiated benefits still apply to those Non-Member Workers, the fact that ALL the Workers are not a Member of the Union, weakens the Union's Bargaining Power in negotiating for all the workers' benefits, wages, and working conditions, with the Company.
The reason for that is that, the only leverage a Union has against the Company, is the threat under the worst case scenario, of pulling all the Workers out on a Workforce Strike. If not all the Workers are Union Members, they will not be pulled off the job, and a Strike, OR the Threat of a Strike, may not be effective enough to cause the Company to negotiate in good faith, to reach a compromise agreement in Contract Negotiations.
And beleve me when I tell you, that most Companies would have workers doing Slave Labor without any Pay, if they could have their way about it, especially when jobs are scarce! The Union is the Workers Advocate to keep the Company from doing just that to their Workers, in each particular Unionized Workplace.!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#58927 Dec 12, 2012
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, when you’re talking about morons, it’s not tough to convince them to unionize.
<quoted text>
Oh really? Do you remember the Postal Strike of 1970?
“Workers grew increasingly frustrated with Congress's inaction, and on March 18, 1970, thousands of New York City postal workers walked off the job in protest. Within days, they were joined by 200,000 others in 30 major cities. Mail service ground to a halt and the plight of postal workers was brought to the public's attention. The strike was soon settled, with Congress approving a 6 percent wage increase, retroactive to the previous December.
[Time Magazine article, March 30, 1970 - PDF]
I’d call that FORCE.
<quoted text>
If your going to open your mouth, at least be accurate. Runyan left in 1998. Perhaps that’s when your brain stopped working.
Here’s the current batch of exec’s. When you add it all up you don’t come anywhere near $5.1 BILLION.
Postmaster General Patrick R. Donahoe is earning more than $276,000 annually as head of the U.S. Postal Service, according to a new database packed with the salary information for top postal officials.
Donahoe, who took over as postmaster in December, is on course to earn $276,840 this year before deferred compensation, performance bonuses and pension payments, according to a database published by Gannett Newspapers.
Donahoe’s predecessor, John E. Potter , earned the same salary in his last year in office, according to USPS records.
Several other executives are also earning six figure salaries.
Megan J. Brennan , the executive vice president and chief operating officer, makes $235,000; and Paul Voge l , the USPS chief marketing and sales officer, makes $113,048.
Anthony J. Vegliante , the top USPS human resources official who is leading negotiations with several major labor unions, is set to earn $240,000, according to the records.
Ruth Y. Goldway , chairman of the Postal Regulatory Commission, earns $165,300 annually, according to the database. She has held the position since 2009 and previous served as a commissioner.
Vice Chairman Mark D. Acton earns $155,500.

If I remember correctly, Obama asked the Head of every Federal Gov't. Dept. and Agency to accept no more than $100,000 dollars for their Annual Salary the year he became President for his first Term, so I would be interested in knowing what Runyon's salary was during Bush's terms. Since you're looking all this up, look that up and post it. My Memory is that it was an outrageous amount, but we shall see, if you'll look it up.
BTW, they all accepted the $100,000 Max amount for their salaries.

Location hidden

#58928 Dec 12, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, Obama asked the Head of every Federal Gov't. Dept. and Agency to accept no more than $100,000 dollars for their Annual Salary the year he became President for his first Term, so I would be interested in knowing what Runyon's salary was during Bush's terms. Since you're looking all this up, look that up and post it. My Memory is that it was an outrageous amount, but we shall see, if you'll look it up.
BTW, they all accepted the $100,000 Max amount for their salaries.
Don't do as I do, do as I say.He was the head of a Federal Dept.It should have applied to him as well.

Location hidden

#58929 Dec 12, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't do as I do, do as I say.He was the head of a Federal Dept.It should have applied to him as well.
Somebody help me out here, what's about 5 steps BELOW STUPID, called. I'm at a loss for words here!

And don't any of you Einsteins say, "Really Sassy", either!

Location hidden

#58930 Dec 12, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody help me out here, what's about 5 steps BELOW STUPID, called. I'm at a loss for words here!
And don't any of you Einsteins say, "Really Sassy", either!
Hey Legs,your little man is the worst moron ever in the White House.50 plus Christmas trees and don't you think all that power is like wasting jett fuel,all for the kids.A few would be fine but 50 plus?

Location hidden

#58931 Dec 12, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Legs,your little man is the worst moron ever in the White House.50 plus Christmas trees and don't you think all that power is like wasting jett fuel,all for the kids.A few would be fine but 50 plus?
What are you griping about, they're free!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58932 Dec 12, 2012
123pictures wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron? I bet he can spell "jet."
Tim

United States

#58933 Dec 12, 2012
Sassy just posted on the Camden forum that she has sex with a St. Barnard and likes it messy, K9 style. Ewwwwww!

Location hidden

#58934 Dec 12, 2012
Tim wrote:
Sassy just posted on the Camden forum that she has sex with a St. Barnard and likes it messy, K9 style. Ewwwwww!
People would respect you more if you spent more of your life following every move the Kardashians made. Wow.

Location hidden

#58937 Dec 12, 2012
Tim wrote:
Now, that's a Lie...I did not have sex with this Poster...Mr. St. Bernard...nor his brother, Mr....Mr...Mr...I'll never forget ole ...what's his name...even if he did smoke a cigar in the Oval Office...and I was not wearing a blue dress, either! Lol!
BTW, Mr, st. Barnard is NOT a Dawg...he just kinda drools like One when he looks at me...wonder why that is? LOL!

Location hidden

#58938 Dec 12, 2012
Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>People would respect you more if you would learn to STFU! When anyone wants your opinion, they will knock it out of you, moron.
Sweetie, waddle on over there and sit down and shut up! Now be careful and don't break the chair!
Stephen Bates

Livingston, TN

#58942 Dec 13, 2012
Republicans at work hard,to rewrite History

More insidious still because of their veneer of scholarship is the work of the conservative historian David Barton, who tries to wrestle the nation's history into a Christian template that it just does not fit. His latest effort, Jefferson Lies, which attempts in the face of copious evidence to the contrary, to tug the Founding Father into the evangelical Christian tradition, was last month withdrawn from publication after being described as the least credible history book in print.

The surprising thing is that the publisher Thomas Nelson, which said it had "lost confidence" in the work, did not check Barton's track record earlier for he has quite – ahem – a history of that sort of thing. It was he who seemingly discovered a document by James Madison insisting that American institutions were founded on the Ten Commandments. Unfortunately the University of Virginia, which owns Madison's papers can find the fourth president saying no such thing, ever.

An especially ingenious effort is Barton's assertion that the delegates to the Constitutional convention in 1787 solved their deadlock by praying at Benjamin Franklin's suggestion: "While neglecting God, their efforts had been characterised by frustration and selfishness… only after returning God to their deliberations were they effective in their efforts to frame a new government."Actually, what happened was that Franklin did indeed suggest praying, but the other delegates all opposed it, not least on the grounds that there was no money to pay a chaplain. Franklin himself wrote: "The convention except for three or four persons, thought prayers unnecessary."

That does not stop pictures by zealous modern artists, showing the convention on their knees, bathed in divine light, from gracing the walls of Christian right institutions such as Patrick Henry College near Washington, which prides itself on placing its students as interns with Republican congressmen. One even made it to be an adviser to the Bush administration in Iraq.

What makes this important is precisely that such falseness informs and is taken up by the Republican right to construct an image of the US and its constitution in its own likeness. Barton's work has been praised by the likes of Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee and notions like his insinuate themselves into the thinking of supreme court justices such as Antonin Scalia with their interesting interpretation of the constitution based on the founders' supposed original intent. Scalia says: "I look at a text. I take my best shot at getting the fairest meaning … understanding what it meant at the time it was adopted." This has implications for the definition of what the founding fathers understood by phrases such as cruel and unusual punishment.

Perhaps we should not be surprised that Louisiana school pupils may soon be taught that the hardships of the Great Depression were exaggerated propaganda, or that the laws of mathematics are a creation of God. After all, it's only 88 years since the legislators of Tennessee decided to outlaw the state's own biology textbook because it taught the theory of evolution and they didn't want their children getting the wrong ideas.

Location hidden

#58943 Dec 13, 2012
Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>People would respect you more if you would learn to STFU! When anyone wants your opinion, they will knock it out of you, moron.
Huh, a "tough chick."

<yawn>

Location hidden

#58944 Dec 13, 2012
Morphina wrote:
<quoted text>If it fckd you, it was a DOG. You let the dog mount you from behind. Did your daddy do that too?
Conservative "Christians," gotta love 'em.

Location hidden

#58945 Dec 13, 2012
Stephen Bates wrote:
Republicans at work hard,to rewrite History
More insidious still because of their veneer of scholarship is the work of the conservative historian David Barton, who tries to wrestle the nation's history into a Christian template that it just does not fit. His latest effort, Jefferson Lies, which attempts in the face of copious evidence to the contrary, to tug the Founding Father into the evangelical Christian tradition, was last month withdrawn from publication after being described as the least credible history book in print.
The surprising thing is that the publisher Thomas Nelson, which said it had "lost confidence" in the work, did not check Barton's track record earlier for he has quite – ahem – a history of that sort of thing. It was he who seemingly discovered a document by James Madison insisting that American institutions were founded on the Ten Commandments. Unfortunately the University of Virginia, which owns Madison's papers can find the fourth president saying no such thing, ever.
An especially ingenious effort is Barton's assertion that the delegates to the Constitutional convention in 1787 solved their deadlock by praying at Benjamin Franklin's suggestion: "While neglecting God, their efforts had been characterised by frustration and selfishness… only after returning God to their deliberations were they effective in their efforts to frame a new government."Actually, what happened was that Franklin did indeed suggest praying, but the other delegates all opposed it, not least on the grounds that there was no money to pay a chaplain. Franklin himself wrote: "The convention except for three or four persons, thought prayers unnecessary."
That does not stop pictures by zealous modern artists, showing the convention on their knees, bathed in divine light, from gracing the walls of Christian right institutions such as Patrick Henry College near Washington, which prides itself on placing its students as interns with Republican congressmen. One even made it to be an adviser to the Bush administration in Iraq.
What makes this important is precisely that such falseness informs and is taken up by the Republican right to construct an image of the US and its constitution in its own likeness. Barton's work has been praised by the likes of Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee and notions like his insinuate themselves into the thinking of supreme court justices such as Antonin Scalia with their interesting interpretation of the constitution based on the founders' supposed original intent. Scalia says: "I look at a text. I take my best shot at getting the fairest meaning … understanding what it meant at the time it was adopted." This has implications for the definition of what the founding fathers understood by phrases such as cruel and unusual punishment.
Perhaps we should not be surprised that Louisiana school pupils may soon be taught that the hardships of the Great Depression were exaggerated propaganda, or that the laws of mathematics are a creation of God. After all, it's only 88 years since the legislators of Tennessee decided to outlaw the state's own biology textbook because it taught the theory of evolution and they didn't want their children getting the wrong ideas.
"Lighthouses are more useful than churches."

-- Benjamin Franklin

Location hidden

#58948 Dec 13, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you griping about, they're free!
I guess they are solar lit, you think?? I know they are free but lights are not. You'll see them Friday night..Tou never see their waste.Always the other party's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr Windy 9,328
Kristi Allen Sweet??? 7 hr Poking around 3
Sheriff Farris....One time Sheriff? 7 hr just accept it 78
Getting Gas in Cookeville 11 hr Gassy 9
sonic! 11 hr Burger Chef 3
Tony spins 12 hr Big Boy 7
purge is happening 15 hr um yeah1212 23
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000