stabbing at The Dinner Bell!
so sad

Sparta, TN

#22 May 17, 2012
Harold William Dunn Jr.(the guy that was stabbed)died from his wounds.Jerry Arnold Sams has been arrested for murder.
Cook resident

Greer, SC

#23 May 17, 2012
hmmm wrote:
I know both men involved and I can pretty much guess what happened. The younger man was most likely talking alot crap to the elder man. And words went back and forth and the younger guy most likely started physically fighting andwas beating the man to death and the 74 year old had had enough of this 37 year old beating him and pulled a knife and cut him. I would say it was self defence....but since they were both drinking it doesn't matter!. Someone is getting the crap beat out of them and to get it to stop he slits their throat! I would have done the same thing. But now this poor old man is going to be jailed for 2nd degree attempted murder. All because some drunk dumba## decided to run his mouth like he always does.( the young man involved had been barred from a couple places due to the same thing, wanting to fight and argue with
people!) The old guy is a sweetheart, but will not (obviously) put up with getting beaten. Harold ran his mouth to the wrong person and now
Jerry will have to pay for it!!
Sweet old man! He served time In prison for murder.
uhmmm

Portage, MI

#24 May 17, 2012
Cook resident wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet old man! He served time In prison for murder.
So this is a 2nd murder done by him??
friend

United States

#25 May 17, 2012
so sad wrote:
Harold William Dunn Jr.(the guy that was stabbed)died from his wounds.Jerry Arnold Sams has been arrested for murder.
Harold is my friend, but I don't know his family. Did he really die? Does anyone know if this is true?
Person

Cookeville, TN

#26 May 17, 2012
friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Harold is my friend, but I don't know his family. Did he really die? Does anyone know if this is true?
No he is alive. People just post things to appear to have something to say.
RestaurantNOT

Jasper, TN

#27 May 17, 2012
I found it interesting that it was reported on the Nashville news that this happened at a restaurant when it is actually just an old run down bar with a bunch of drunks.
WELL

Cookeville, TN

#28 May 17, 2012
I was just told that Harold did pass away. I know his family, but have not got to speak to any of them. If this is true I feel sorry for his kids, it doesnt matter if he was disrespectful or not, two kids may have lost their father.
bystander

Cookeville, TN

#29 May 18, 2012
You got it wrong I was there. The old man who has done this stuff before is just plain nuts he came in there already drugged and drunk ,Was being very stupid ,running his mouth to the bartender and everyone else. "Sweet" The only thing sweet was the ass kicking he got for being a dumbass. Poe saved both of thier lives first by getting the knife then by applying pressure to Mr. Dunn's injurys and thats what really happened .When the cops arrived Poe screamed EMS Now ! and the thanks he got was being pushed away from the bleeding man and knocked on the ground.
Bahahaha

Cookeville, TN

#30 May 18, 2012
RestaurantNOT wrote:
I found it interesting that it was reported on the Nashville news that this happened at a restaurant when it is actually just an old run down bar with a bunch of drunks.
It was not a rundown bar back in the 60's when your grandma was giving everyone head in the parking lot.
dinkydao

York, SC

#31 May 18, 2012
Bahahaha wrote:
<quoted text> It was not a rundown bar back in the 60's when your grandma was giving everyone head in the parking lot.
Damn where is she now?
thescoop

Crossville, TN

#32 May 18, 2012
here's the deal, you people need to quit making things up and acting like you know when you don't, yes, this WAS a love-triangle thing and it is unfortunate but the cops are sorting it out.
James Joseph Mills, 58, of Spring St., Cookeville is the lover, he instigated the thing when Harold Dunn Jr., 39 of Stevens Street, Cookeville began flirting with him making Jerry Arnold Sams, 74, of Mayberry Lane, Cookeville jealous. It's all right there in the Herald, people READ please! And expect MORE of this crap for every yearly "pride" parade you allow to go on here!
just saying

Cookeville, TN

#33 May 18, 2012
thescoop wrote:
here's the deal, you people need to quit making things up and acting like you know when you don't, yes, this WAS a love-triangle thing and it is unfortunate but the cops are sorting it out.
James Joseph Mills, 58, of Spring St., Cookeville is the lover, he instigated the thing when Harold Dunn Jr., 39 of Stevens Street, Cookeville began flirting with him making Jerry Arnold Sams, 74, of Mayberry Lane, Cookeville jealous. It's all right there in the Herald, people READ please! And expect MORE of this crap for every yearly "pride" parade you allow to go on here!
Wasn't both of these men up there on that stage naked as reported?
amanda

United States

#34 May 18, 2012
Harold Dunn was stabbed. He is at erlanger. He is alive and doing better. One man in jail on attempted murder charges. And by the way Harold works at the bar as a bouncer, He is not just some drunk. I work with him and he is a wonderful person very caring.
amanda

United States

#35 May 18, 2012
harold is not gay....i know his girlfriend
Speak the truth

Charlotte, NC

#36 May 18, 2012
I find it interesting you people have nothing better to do with your life's than get on this gossip site and spread lies. Did it ever cross your minds that sometimes bad people do bad things. FYI. SAMs killed a bartender and spent 18 years in prison. Not such an innocent old man now is he. Get your crap right before you spread it people. By the way they gentleman who was stabbed isn't gay, and yes he will fight, but walking away is how a 74 year old is able to slice your throat 3 times. He then fought him off as he continued to assault him in the parking lot. Again you go outside because your trying to leave. I'd say the devil loves this gossip mill.
truth

Cookeville, TN

#37 May 18, 2012
dinkydao wrote:
<quoted text>Damn where is she now?
Rodeo Bobs usually in front of the goodwill ! bahahahaha
butterfly kisses

Connersville, IN

#38 May 19, 2012
well i belive i no this man better then any of u dumb f***** i can say he most deff wasnt at no gay bar and that ya he is a fuckn shit talker MR>HMMMMM and if im thinkin right u dont got much room to talk u use to be right there along with him till every thing else went down !!!! that dunn is more then alive and has is own room now and that justest has been served for all the pep that have been hurt by Dunn i high five the ol man for doing what he fillt safe for him but we all no that devile dont want Dunns soul and the lord wont take him thats the only reasone y this crazyy S O B is still alive!! and i do belive Dunn was under the influinc and he did start it and i think i speak for most of putnam county though when i say do we wish we would have for no worries yes but are we satiffied for the out come Y HELL YA !
Correction

Mcminnville, TN

#39 May 19, 2012
butterfly kisses wrote:
well i belive i no this man better then any of u dumb f***** i can say he most deff wasnt at no gay bar and that ya he is a fuckn shit talker MR>HMMMMM and if im thinkin right u dont got much room to talk u use to be right there along with him till every thing else went down !!!! that dunn is more then alive and has is own room now and that justest has been served for all the pep that have been hurt by Dunn i high five the ol man for doing what he fillt safe for him but we all no that devile dont want Dunns soul and the lord wont take him thats the only reasone y this crazyy S O B is still alive!! and i do belive Dunn was under the influinc and he did start it and i think i speak for most of putnam county though when i say do we wish we would have for no worries yes but are we satiffied for the out come Y HELL YA !
again?, in English this time.
truth

Cookeville, TN

#40 May 19, 2012
butterfly kisses wrote:
well i belive i no this man better then any of u dumb f***** i can say he most deff wasnt at no gay bar and that ya he is a fuckn shit talker MR>HMMMMM and if im thinkin right u dont got much room to talk u use to be right there along with him till every thing else went down !!!! that dunn is more then alive and has is own room now and that justest has been served for all the pep that have been hurt by Dunn i high five the ol man for doing what he fillt safe for him but we all no that devile dont want Dunns soul and the lord wont take him thats the only reasone y this crazyy S O B is still alive!! and i do belive Dunn was under the influinc and he did start it and i think i speak for most of putnam county though when i say do we wish we would have for no worries yes but are we satiffied for the out come Y HELL YA !
what a jerkoff you are!
yankee nightmare

Cookeville, TN

#41 May 19, 2012
I just want to know if Bruce got stabbed. If anyone sees Bruce tell him yankee nightmare says HEL----------LOOO tell him how about those NEW YORK GIANTS, he might buy you a beer. It will bring a smile to his face, I bet you, if not thank you anyway. CHEERS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's build the wall! 20 min Captain 61
Trump merch for sale across from food lion 1 hr Non deplorable 8
Barbara Scarlett thomas 1 hr Enoughisenough 3
?illegals in Cookeville? 1 hr Enumerator 113
No money for teachers but plenty for land+const... 4 hr resident 14
Butch Chaffin should go 4 hr poor parent 14
Rebellions are built on hope 9 hr BusyBee 2

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages