Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, brother, appreciate yours as well.
Do you get the feeling we're casting our gospel pearls to swine? But I keep on keeping on, and pray for these deceived, lost folks to see the light before it is too late.
Romans chapter one describes these folks perfectly. They are very knowledgeable in many areas, perhaps with numerous letters after their name. But their academic accomplishments have not brought them wisdom.
Paul wrote "Professing to be wise, they have become fools" and went on to describe how the creation itself is more than adequate evidence of His existence, and that they are therefore "without excuse." They sneer and scoff just as described in Psalm 1.
I was recently in Florida and took a tour of a wildlife refuge there, and was reminded more than ever of how intricate and beautiful God's creatures and creation is. How can anyone look at his pet dog, who was obviously created to love and protect him, and think he got here accidentally? Or his cat, jumping in his lap and purring affectionately? Or the trees, dropping their leaves each fall after a brilliant display of color? Or a rainbow, the sign God gave to us that He sees and is reminded of his everlasting covenant to never again wipe out the world with a flood?
But then I remember that I spent years of my life in deception and ignorance as well -- with the result not being pride, but humble gratitude that the great Creator of the universe would stoop so low as to give his life on a cross for someone as corrupted and dirty as I.
Praise the Lord!!
When Saul (Paul) was killing and persecuting Christians, he done that with a good conscience which he said in Acts 23:1 I looked intently at the Sanhedrin and said, "Brothers, I have lived my life before God in all good conscience until this day." Which means he believed what he had done to the Christians at that time was the right thing. But he came to understand he was wrong for what he had done after he came to know Jesus. Much like these non-believers they believe they are trying to disprove God and the Bible with a good conscience but they too are wrong so we have to continue to teach His word and disprove their theories so others do not fall to their unbelief. At least Saul believed in God he just had a wrong understanding of the truth.
At least I have a brain

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
actually he admitted more than once in his famous book6 that the fossil record is an embarrassment to his theory of descent from a common ancestor.
Unlike Christians, scientists learn new things over time. Doubt leads to questions, hypotheses, data collection, analysis, interpretation of results, and theory revision.

If you are certain in your faith and have no doubts, "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." - Voltaire
The Truth wrote:
In a 1979 letter responding to the late creationist, Luther Sunderland, Colin Patterson, then Senior Palaeontologist at the British Museum of Natural History in London, concurred:
Why are Christians so dishonest? Here's the real story behind that 1979 letter, including a letter from Patterson written in 1993.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/patterson.htm...

Yet he's still being misrepresentedy by Creationists nearly 20 years later. This shows that Creationists (and Christians) do NOT learn. Instead they believe what they want to believe whether it's true or not. And they're willing to spread intentional, deceitful lies to attract others into their delusional club.

Despicable. Yes you, "The Truth", are despicable.
The Truth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

At least I have a brain wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike Christians, scientists learn new things over time. Doubt leads to questions, hypotheses, data collection, analysis, interpretation of results, and theory revision.
If you are certain in your faith and have no doubts, "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." - Voltaire
<quoted text>
Why are Christians so dishonest? Here's the real story behind that 1979 letter, including a letter from Patterson written in 1993.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/patterson.htm...
Yet he's still being misrepresentedy by Creationists nearly 20 years later. This shows that Creationists (and Christians) do NOT learn. Instead they believe what they want to believe whether it's true or not. And they're willing to spread intentional, deceitful lies to attract others into their delusional club.
Despicable. Yes you, "The Truth", are despicable.
The only thing your reference proves is that what Patterson said is what he believes. "There is not one such fossil for which one might make a watertight argument." He realizes that fossils do not definitively prove evolution, but it allows for evolutionist like him to consider that as their opinion because they not believe in God. There is no actual proof (or he would have provided it) that evolution is a fact but rather it is just scientist best opinion based on fossils they find.

Patterson stated to Mr. Theunissen in his personal letter "Is Archaeopteryx the ancestor of all birds? Perhaps yes, perhaps no: there is no way of answering the question. It is easy enough to make up stories of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favoured by natural selection. But such stories are not part of science, for there is no way to put them to the test.

Creation is just a scientific opinion by unbelievers with no way to prove it is true. That is no different that what you believe about Christians (Creationist). You believe that ll of our evidence does not prove there is a God who created everything but it is just our opinion.
The Truth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Evolutionists have long speculated that birds evolved from reptiles. At one time or another, virtually every living and extinct class of reptiles has been proposed as the ancestor of birds. The famous Darwinian apologist Thomas Huxley was the first to speculate (in the mid 1800s) that birds evolved from dinosaurs.

While evolutionists now agree that birds are related in some way to dinosaurs, they are divided over whether birds evolved from some early shared ancestor of the dinosaurs within the archosauria or directly from advanced theropod dinosaurs.

Seemingly forgotten in all the claims that birds are essentially dinosaurs (or at least that they evolved from dinosaurs) is the fact that dinosaurs are reptiles. There are many differences between birds and reptiles, including the fact that living reptiles are cold-blooded creatures, while birds and mammals are warm-blooded.
huh

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

urclueless wrote:
<quoted text>When the Pilgrims first came to America they signed the FIRST governing document of the colonies, the Mayflower Compact. This document was also signed UNANIMOUSLY by every adult male on the ship,in 1620 . It stated their purpose for coming to the new world: "for Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a Voyage to plant the first Colony in the northern Parts of Virginia; Do by these Presents, solemnly and mutually, in the Presence of God and one another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil Body Politick, for our better Ordering and Preservation, and Furtherance of the Ends aforesaid." Can that be any more clear?
The Mayflower Compact is not the Constitution and the pilgrims were not the founding fathers of our country. They were all dead when we fought for our independence and had nothing to do with it. Saying that because the pilgrims came over to have religious freedom and that makes us a christian nation is akin to saying all the criminals that fled to the new world to avoid prosecution make this a country founded on criminal activity.
yep

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

waitasec wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You got it! You ARE more important than anything else God created. WHY? YOU were created in the image of God. And everything else was made for your pleasure.
Read Genesis!!!!!
Sorry, I disagree. Humans are not the most important thing in the world and everything else was not made for us to use. There has to be a balance, but greedy (a deadly sin)humans abuse everything for their selfish reasons. So, if humans are made in the image of God, then that means he is greedy, selfish, and egotistical too.
The Truth

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

yep wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I disagree. Humans are not the most important thing in the world and everything else was not made for us to use. There has to be a balance, but greedy (a deadly sin)humans abuse everything for their selfish reasons. So, if humans are made in the image of God, then that means he is greedy, selfish, and egotistical too.
There is a balance. That balance was the creation of everything to work together to sustain human life. We are superior to all living life forms and they are for our use and must work together for us to sustain life. Without food and drink we would die. Without clothing and shelter we would freeze during the winter. Without medicine and hospitals we die. If you don't believe that then quit eating, drinking, wearing clothing, don't take medicine, and living indoor so your can sustain your own life. By your philosophy, then every time you eat or drink or do anything to sustain your way of life you are disrupting the balance of the earth just because of your "greed" for wanting to sustain your own life with the nutrition you need to live.
Believer

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

John P wrote:
I will say it again. These scoffers and unbelievers do not know what they are doing. When they stand in judgment they will finally believe, but then it will be forever too late. It is truly sad.
The posts on here by Christians who are trying to share the truth with them will ring through their ears for all eternity. They will scream "how could I have been so foolish, when the gospel was right there in front of me?"
Well, John, I guess "The Truth" is more charitable and patient with these atheists than I am.

A typical Christian who follows the admonitions of God's Word will spread the gospel to all who will hear. Some will listen, repent and believe, and sadly, most will not, due to their human pride and supposed "science" that is based on unprovable myths and theories.

We don't shove our beliefs down anyone's throat, and a sign on the courthouse does not do that. But it is interesting how violently the unbelievers try to shove their religion of atheism down our throats.

We are like postmen, who are responsible for delivering the mail. He is not responsible for ensuring that the recipient opens the letter, or responds favorably to it. That is the work of the Holy Spirit.
Believer

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

yep wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I disagree. Humans are not the most important thing in the world and everything else was not made for us to use. There has to be a balance, but greedy (a deadly sin)humans abuse everything for their selfish reasons. So, if humans are made in the image of God, then that means he is greedy, selfish, and egotistical too.
You've got it all wrong, Mr. Yep.

A biblical Christian recognizes that all of the creation is a gift from God and is intended to glorify Him. He will not litter, for example, and deface God's creation. He realizes that the resources were created for him to use, responsibly, and to enjoy. Excessive waste or pollution goes against God's will and is wrong.

Quit trying to put words in our mouths that we did not say. And yes, even in your lost and unbelieving state, you are worth far more than any animal or rock. In fact, Jesus would have given His life for you if you were the only sinner on earth. That's how much love He has for you. If you reject His free offer of salvation, that is your God-given privilege. But the day will come when you will pay for your sin and spend eternity separated from God. Your belief or unbelief has no effect on reality, contrary to what the new-agers will teach you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

urclueless wrote:
<quoted text>When the Pilgrims first came to America they signed the FIRST governing document of the colonies, the Mayflower Compact. This document was also signed UNANIMOUSLY by every adult male on the ship,in 1620 . It stated their purpose for coming to the new world: "for Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a Voyage to plant the first Colony in the northern Parts of Virginia; Do by these Presents, solemnly and mutually, in the Presence of God and one another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil Body Politick, for our better Ordering and Preservation, and Furtherance of the Ends aforesaid." Can that be any more clear?
What does a document 150 years before the revolution have to do with our country again?
waitasec

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>What does a document 150 years before the revolution have to do with our country again?
Guess you should do some reading and research it out. That's part of the problem here. What your not taught, you don't know, and become too lazy to care!
funny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

waitasec wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you should do some reading and research it out. That's part of the problem here. What your not taught, you don't know, and become too lazy to care!
I think you missed the point. Or maybe you didn't and just didn't want to answer the question to which you already know the answer - NOTHING!
waitasec

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
<quoted text>I think you missed the point. Or maybe you didn't and just didn't want to answer the question to which you already know the answer - NOTHING!
The answer is this..... This is your country if so research and read and find out. Or maybe your just one of those people that doesn't care to know, then that if course would make you liberal.
funny

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

waitasec wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is this..... This is your country if so research and read and find out. Or maybe your just one of those people that doesn't care to know, then that if course would make you liberal.
No, I know what the Mayfloewr Compact is, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with our Constitution. If you are one of those people that doesn't care to understand that, then it would of course, make you an idiot.
waitasec

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

funny wrote:
<quoted text>No, I know what the Mayfloewr Compact is, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with our Constitution. If you are one of those people that doesn't care to understand that, then it would of course, make you an idiot.
Have you actually read it? Or you just know it?
anarchyrules

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Why write it on a courthouse when nobody has it written in their hearts.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

waitasec wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you actually read it? Or you just know it?
We KNOW. The Mayflower compact has nothing to do with the United States of America, as this country did not exist before the 1770s.
waitasec

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>We KNOW. The Mayflower compact has nothing to do with the United States of America, as this country did not exist before the 1770s.
Your right, did you notice any similarities?
urclueless

Winnsboro, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
We KNOW. The Mayflower compact has nothing to do with the United States of America, as this country did not exist before the 1770s.
Nor would this country exist if they hadn't came here and settled the colonies for the advancement of the Christian faith.
URANIDIOT

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical Christian who follows the admonitions of God's Word will spread the gospel to all who will hear. Some will listen, repent and believe, and sadly, most will not, due to their human pride and supposed "science" that is based on unprovable myths and theories.
No. A typical Christian will vehemently intrude upon the personal business of others and when "the good book" itself isn't enough of a persuasion, will then have their opinions passed into laws...all the while bitching and moaning about the "sharia takeover." Theocracy was, is, and will always be a heaping pile of shit. No matter what asshole it comes from, it still stinks. If you want to know what it's like when church and state are one and the same, rewind about 400 years and pay jolly old England a visit. Oh, and be sure not to let King James know that you're a different kind of Christian than he is.

Also, funny how you claim science to be "based on unprovable myths and theories" when nobody has ever been able to prove the existence or validity of Jesus. The very definition of science is determining the validity of something through the observation of supporting evidence.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-h5Tdpx4uVZM/T1AmQs6...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min rtex 145,371
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 14 min WTH 9,297
life stresses and so on 5 hr justagirl 4
Cindy Scott for pain Management (Mar '13) 8 hr dopecop 34
what was her name 8 hr Becky 4
Cookeville Nissan 8 hr Intheknow 2
school bullying 9 hr maxad 1
Sheriff Farris....One time Sheriff? Mon DeDominicis 49

Search the Cookeville Forum:
•••
•••
Cookeville Dating

more search filters

less search filters