'In God We Trust' to go on county cou...

'In God We Trust' to go on county courthouse

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
VotedForThis

Cookeville, TN

#1 Oct 16, 2012
PUTNAM COUNTY — It was a unanimous decision by the county commission Monday to allow the national motto “In God We Trust” to be place on all four sides of the county courthouse.

http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/full_story...
Peter

Lafayette, TN

#2 Oct 16, 2012
Hello. My best friend - "God". Good job!
Noodle Man

Cookeville, TN

#3 Oct 16, 2012
That's actually a typo. It's supposed to say "In Dog We Trust" as in Dog the bounty hunter.
Pastafarian

Cookeville, TN

#4 Oct 17, 2012
There we go! Shove that christian crap down everybody's throat. Religious freedom my arse.
someone

Cookeville, TN

#5 Oct 17, 2012
Pastafarian wrote:
There we go! Shove that christian crap down everybody's throat. Religious freedom my arse.
I agree with your sentiment but "God" is really quite generic. It could apply to pretty much any religion. Now if it were accompanied with a giant cross and a picture of Jesus then I'd have a problem with it.
tarheel4life

Nashville, TN

#6 Oct 17, 2012
no one ever shoves that christian stuff down anyone's throat. they just want you to have eternal life. wouldn't you like to know when you leave this world with all the imperfections that you can go to a much greater place that is perfect in every way. No more death, illness, no more bad. Just good. How could anyone not want that. I know your saying that stuffs not for me or all the church wants is my money. Its not your money its god money. If jesus didnt die on the cross for us we wouldnt be here. if god didnt give us life we wouldnt be here. Question, have you ever had a death or illness in your family, sure you have what about maybe a house fire and lost everything. you may or may not have known it, but i bet someone from a church donated clothes or sent a card or came to see you. Friend I encourage you to seek out god and develop a personal relationship with him. not for everyone else but for you personally. let me make another point. do church going people make mistakes and sin, of course we do. we are not perfect only god is. but it will be god who judges us. we are humans in the flesh here on earth, everyone stumbles from time to time. even preachers will tell you they are humans and are not perfect, and they will ask for forgiveness, that only god can provide. I am not a preacher or perfect, but if you want help in finding god or prayer. I will be happy to help you just let me know. god bless
My thoughts

Cookeville, TN

#7 Oct 17, 2012
VotedForThis wrote:
PUTNAM COUNTY — It was a unanimous decision by the county commission Monday to allow the national motto “In God We Trust” to be place on all four sides of the county courthouse.
http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/full_story...
It should
beggar

Cookeville, TN

#9 Oct 18, 2012
Just give me one documented fact that God does exist and I will follow him to those pearly gates. Leave out all the faith crap. FACTS ONLY.
Thinking

Sparta, TN

#10 Oct 18, 2012
Pastafarian wrote:
There we go! Shove that christian crap down everybody's throat. Religious freedom my arse.
When like in the Middle eastern country's you are beheaded or stoned for not being a Christian then you could say it was shoved down your throat.
Some of you could use a little moral upbringing unlike your parents failed to do. The world does not revolve around you honey accept there are people that have just as much rights as you do.
what

Cookeville, TN

#11 Oct 18, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
When like in the Middle eastern country's you are beheaded or stoned for not being a Christian then you could say it was shoved down your throat.
Some of you could use a little moral upbringing unlike your parents failed to do. The world does not revolve around you honey accept there are people that have just as much rights as you do.
Do you have ANY grasp of history at all? Look at where America came from: Theocratic England, where people could be banished, imprisoned, or even killed for having a religious belief that went against the church. And that crap didn't stay in England, either. People were brutalized on our shores as well over religious matters (Salem witch trials, anybody?). Thank Jeebus for the freaking first and fourteenth amendments, which are the ONLY things that prevent this country from becoming a theocractic cesspool like all the "middle eastern" countries we love to shit-talk.
citizen

Cookeville, TN

#12 Oct 18, 2012
Pastafarian wrote:
There we go! Shove that christian crap down everybody's throat. Religious freedom my arse.
hey! jesus is coming GET<<<<<< <<< ready brother
citizen

Cookeville, TN

#13 Oct 18, 2012
JESUS, IS COMING GET READY < BROTHER
citizen

Cookeville, TN

#14 Oct 18, 2012
JESUS died for our sins on the cross. HE loves us that much.
citizen

Cookeville, TN

#15 Oct 18, 2012
IN GOD I TRUST .
Redundancy

Cookeville, TN

#16 Oct 18, 2012
Could you make one more post about Jesus, Citizen?
Cult_h8r

Livingston, TN

#17 Oct 18, 2012
beggar wrote:
Just give me one documented fact that God does exist and I will follow him to those pearly gates. Leave out all the faith crap. FACTS ONLY.
Show me one documented FACT that he DOESN'T exist and then your argument will be closer to valid.
Pagan

Cookeville, TN

#18 Oct 18, 2012
I think its fine for them to put it up there since they are paying for it. I do think if they were true christians they would use the money to help others in this county but hey thats them. My question is if pagans, jews, muslims, etc wanted to do samething and they pay for it would that be ok ? If not then they shouldnt be able to.
beggar

Cookeville, TN

#19 Oct 18, 2012
Cult_h8r wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one documented FACT that he DOESN'T exist and then your argument will be closer to valid.
Are you kidding me, so you will follow someone or thing until that they aren't proven they don't exist. How about the Easter bunny or santa do they exist, I just might be chatting to someone who should be in a padded room with no windows. WAKE UP.
beggar

Cookeville, TN

#20 Oct 18, 2012
citizen wrote:
JESUS, IS COMING GET READY < BROTHER
Perfect example of a drone. Hope your GOD dose not tell you to jump off the nearest cliff my friend. A blind fool.
Use LOGIC

Tullahoma, TN

#21 Oct 18, 2012
beggar wrote:
Just give me one documented fact that God does exist and I will follow him to those pearly gates. Leave out all the faith crap. FACTS ONLY.
OK, I'll bite.

The creation itself is adequate testimony to the existence of a Creator God.

The specified complexity of one DNA molecule in your big toe is proof. Mathematicians have calculated the odds of the complexity of a DNA molecule being assembled by accident, i.e., by random chance occurrences, as less than one in ten raised to the 35th power. That number is so huge it's more than the number of atoms in the known universe.

Take your pathetic evolutionary theories and drop 'em in the trash can. It would indeed be easier to believe in the tooth fairy than to think there is no God.

More proof? How about the fact that hundreds of different civilizations through history have had tales of a worldwide flood? How about the fact that there is not one single known civilization we know about which did not have some sort of religious beliefs and worship -- which implies that our Creator imprinted in our minds an innate knowledge that what we see around us was supernaturally created, and there is a higher power out there, whom we know as God? And that there is a conscious existence after death?

Or, consider the Dead Sea Scrolls which date back several hundred years before Christ appeared on earth, and contain the entire book of Isaiah, for example, which clearly foretells the coming of Israel's Messiah? Explain that one.

The truth is available to you at any bookstore. God's Word, the Holy Bible, has the answers you are seeking. I just pray you're not one of the many who spend your life sneering and scoffing at the things of God, only to find out one second after death how utterly foolish they were.

"The fool says there is no God."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kid walked out of First Baptist Mothers Day Out 4 hr Larry 9
drug dealers 4 hr Citizen7186 9
outlaws mc full of cops and snitches (Jun '10) 5 hr Citizen7186 88
What drugs do probation officers test for? (Aug '12) 5 hr Citizen7186 180
Firemens stupid moustache 7 hr Yep 2
April hayes and brigham whitehead 8 hr I know 2
Women Read no exceptions 11 hr save the humans 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages