man killed on motocycle on 136 near h...

man killed on motocycle on 136 near hilham

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

buster6

Springfield, SC

#1 Mar 20, 2010
does anyone have any info on who the guy was or where he was from
Per the Herald Citizen

Cookeville, TN

#2 Mar 20, 2010
OVERTON COUNTY -- A Cookeville man was fatally injured in a motorcycle crash in Overton County on Friday afternoon, according to the Tennessee Highway Patrol. Donald S. Beck, 45, of S. Creek Road, Cookeville, lost his life in the accident, says a report by Trooper Marty Philpot. Beck was driving a 2007 Yamaha motorcycle north on Highway 135 when he crashed into an SUV traveling the other way. It happened about 3:30 p.m. March 19, the report says.

The other vehicle was a 1999 Ford Explorer. The driver, Michella Choate, 30, of Hilham, was injured in the crash, the trooper's report says. The report says Beck "failed to negotiate a curve" in the highway and veered on the wrong side of the road just before hitting the SUV head-on. Beck was using a helmet, the trooper noted in the report. Troopers Stanley Roberts and Lt. Jimmy Beaty also investigated the accident.
neighbor

Cookeville, TN

#3 Mar 22, 2010
he was a real quite guy and always waved when walking his dog heard he was from cali and lived here about 3 yrs a shame this happend
buster6

Springfield, SC

#4 Mar 22, 2010
iS THERE ANYWAY OF GETTING AHOLD OF U PERSONALLY SINCE YOU KNEW OF HIM THERE OR SOME PEOPLE NEEDING TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HIM..PLEASE IF SO LET ME KNOW
neighbor wrote:
he was a real quite guy and always waved when walking his dog heard he was from cali and lived here about 3 yrs a shame this happend
just wondering

Cookeville, TN

#5 Mar 23, 2010
Was the accident on Hwy 136 or Hwy 135. The papers say it was on Hwy 135, but that's Jackson Co. not Overton County. Regardless, it's a sad thing and my heart goes out to his family.
gloveinit97

Springfield, SC

#6 Mar 23, 2010
the accident happened on 136 bout 2 miles from caution right past old union road

just wondering wrote:
Was the accident on Hwy 136 or Hwy 135. The papers say it was on Hwy 135, but that's Jackson Co. not Overton County. Regardless, it's a sad thing and my heart goes out to his family.
Charles

Cookeville, TN

#7 Mar 27, 2014
gloveinit97 wrote:
the accident happened on 136 bout 2 miles from caution right past old union road
..<quoted text>
Hey I was an old friend of Don's, could you link a google map location of the spot the crash happened? I have been trying to find exactly where but the papers say 135, didn't know it was on 136 until I read this.
Charles

Morristown, TN

#9 Mar 28, 2014
DeDominicis wrote:
What a boring stretch of highway. I mean its curvy but its flat,right? Didn't someone already crash out there, lose a leg and then die some years back?
He died 4 years ago the 19th, and no its not boring nor flat, keep riding North and you go through standing stone and is really fun, but he was coming home from work.
Joseph DeDominicis

Cookeville, TN

#10 Mar 29, 2014
Hmmm I herd about another guy that died when I was little or before I was born, near Livingston. You don't fool me that's a windey highway...and flat!*puffs out*
Charles

Cookeville, TN

#11 Mar 29, 2014
Joseph DeDominicis wrote:
Hmmm I herd about another guy that died when I was little or before I was born, near Livingston. You don't fool me that's a windey highway...and flat!*puffs out*
This is Tennessee nothing is flat :D
getaclue

United States

#12 Mar 30, 2014
Fell asleep, had a heart attack? What would make a rather young person crash into a vehicle going the other way? It just doesn't make sense.
SexUnit

Cookeville, TN

#13 Mar 31, 2014
it look sa s though this incident happened well away from people...I like to think that you did insert some tubing....hmmmmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big talkers 1 hr TheButcher 13
Black lives matter 1 hr WPWW 57
Aaron swallows 3 hr Aspire Aaron swa... 9
CNAs calling themselves nurses (Nov '11) 3 hr Just sayin 122
Drug dealers in Cville to stay away from!! 3 hr Yup 17
Baxter Cookeville Game 4 hr Charles Winnett 2
Tenncare and Wic question 10 hr Fed Up 19

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance