Vendors at the Cookeville Mall/Flea M...

Vendors at the Cookeville Mall/Flea Market

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
C-Mall Vendor

Sparta, TN

#1 Mar 5, 2012
Im looking for other current or past vendors of the cookeville mall/flea market. I've had some problems with the organizers. I know that other vendors have had similar difficulties with the staff and the "loss of merchandise". I myself have lost over $2000 in product at the hands of one of the staff members. The staff member in question was moving my product out of my booth (without my knowing) and managed to break almost all of that weekends product. 
I believe if I can get enough people to come forward we can file a lawsuit against the owner/organizers for the loss of product due to theft, clumsy handling, and other shady dealings that are going on in there. I plan of fighting this, and if need be I have the man power to start a really nasty smear campaign against the people in question. 
on the hoof

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2012
Throw that weight around. You don't need an army.
run away

United States

#3 Mar 5, 2012
That place is a rat hole. Anyone doing business there is gonna get it stuck up in them and broke off.
a real c-vendor

United States

#4 Mar 5, 2012
Ive been there since it has open and have been treated great and the staff has been nothing but nice to me. And never had anything broken or stolen.
C-Mall Vendor

Cookeville, TN

#5 Mar 5, 2012
a real c-vendor wrote:
Ive been there since it has open and have been treated great and the staff has been nothing but nice to me. And never had anything broken or stolen.
I've been there since the opening weekend as well, and I have had my booth rented out from underneath me three times...even after prepaying for the spot. Needless to say you are one of the few that haven't been screwed by the staff there.
Glass Guy

United States

#6 Mar 6, 2012
You know, I lost a lot of my own product there a couple of weeks back. Although, I would go as far as lawsuit. That's just stupid, one would be happy to have a spot with that many people walking by every day. I'm just lucky that they fit me in every weekend. I didn't ask for anything after my work was lost, although being comped for a booth for a weekend or two would be nice.
greatgiginthesky

Cookeville, TN

#7 Mar 6, 2012
C-Mall Vendor wrote:
Im looking for other current or past vendors of the cookeville mall/flea market. I've had some problems with the organizers. I know that other vendors have had similar difficulties with the staff and the "loss of merchandise". I myself have lost over $2000 in product at the hands of one of the staff members. The staff member in question was moving my product out of my booth (without my knowing) and managed to break almost all of that weekends product. 
I believe if I can get enough people to come forward we can file a lawsuit against the owner/organizers for the loss of product due to theft, clumsy handling, and other shady dealings that are going on in there. I plan of fighting this, and if need be I have the man power to start a really nasty smear campaign against the people in question. 
Are you still a vendor at the cookeville mall flea market?
C-Mall Vender

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2012
greatgiginthesky wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still a vendor at the cookeville mall flea market?
Not anymore, I'm never going back ther to do any form of business.
C-Mall Vender

United States

#9 Mar 6, 2012
Glass Guy wrote:
You know, I lost a lot of my own product there a couple of weeks back. Although, I would go as far as lawsuit. That's just stupid, one would be happy to have a spot with that many people walking by every day. I'm just lucky that they fit me in every weekend. I didn't ask for anything after my work was lost, although being comped for a booth for a weekend or two would be nice.
I've heard about your loss, I would have thought that you would have joined the good fight, guess I was wrong. You should demand to be payed for what you have lost... and not puss out, like you are doing right now.
Glass Guy

Sparta, TN

#10 Mar 6, 2012
C-Mall Vender wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard about your loss, I would have thought that you would have joined the good fight, guess I was wrong. You should demand to be payed for what you have lost... and not puss out, like you are doing right now.
Hey man, I glad for the spot I have. If some stuff gets wrecked while it's there just eat it. There is no reason to go off on some rant about how terrible they are just because some of your stuff got messed up. As a local artist, I consider myself lucky to be able to show my work to people in the area. Things like this happen, when it does you just eat the loss and keep on moving.
C-Mall Vender

Cookeville, TN

#11 Mar 6, 2012
Being greatfull or not, that is not in question. The question is, if the people in charge should be held accountable for the loss of goods on their grounds. The whole operation looks to be shady.
Probably was

Lexington, TN

#12 Mar 6, 2012
My guess is the other people selling moved you out and not the manager.
He just doent seem the type.
Vendor2

Chatsworth, GA

#13 Mar 6, 2012
I have been there since day one, and the staff has been nothing but nice. Of course mistakes have been made, but they are learning as they go. Due to some of the crazies (Vendors) they have to deal with I understand that they did or at least tried to run one vendor off this past weekend due to the stupidity and constant aggravation this vendor has caused to them. Nothing but praise from this vendor.
Vendor2

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Mar 6, 2012
C-Mall Vender wrote:
Being greatfull or not, that is not in question. The question is, if the people in charge should be held accountable for the loss of goods on their grounds. The whole operation looks to be shady.
Also, do you not read or see the signs throughout the flea market that say "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES"
Glass Guy

Sparta, TN

#15 Mar 7, 2012
I'm guessing that you are out of luck man. I'm sorry, you may have lost a lot by setting up there... but that is the risk of doing business at a flea market. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes life deals you a bad hand.
Stew Pid

Cookeville, TN

#16 Mar 7, 2012
I've been there twice and didn't see anything in the whole place worth stealing (much less buying).
homer bentddick

Cookeville, TN

#17 Mar 7, 2012
anyone who attends a flea market sucks,,,there bottom feeders,,,low class welfare types
dolores

Cookeville, TN

#18 Mar 8, 2012
Homer from Celina sounds like a snob to me. Get your nose out of the air, Homer - there are others out there besides you -- a lot of unemployed, too.
Vendor 342312

Cookeville, TN

#19 Mar 8, 2012
I am also a vendor and have had absolutely no problams and nothing to complain about. We do a good business there and have been treated very good. The people that come to the flea market are not all "bottom feeders". There are many different classes of people that attend in a wide age group. There is no reason to downgrade people. Just be happy and get along.
Glass Guy

Cookeville, TN

#20 Mar 8, 2012
homer bentddick wrote:
anyone who attends a flea market sucks,,,there bottom feeders,,,low class welfare types
So...would you call a local artist a low-class bottom feeder?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maddies 45 min Joe Amiss 10
Is Spankies a good place to work? 2 hr NewHere 1
Putnam co graduates class of 1981... 2 hr Drives From Cooke... 9
Cummins is doomed 4 hr Inthere 2
Women with 70's bush, give it a SHAVE 12 hr nutzaplente 4
Infinity Birthing Center 14 hr Lupe 3
Smelly GASH is a such a turn off 14 hr Toad 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages