Free Stuff Trumps Morality in Voting

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

Green Hornet

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 15, 2012
There’s a new report out that says that blacks oppose homosexual marriage in greater numbers than Latinos and whites and yet more than 93 percent of blacks voted for the first pro-homosexual-marriage president.
Among blacks, Latinos and whites, blacks were the only racial or ethnic group in which a majority of respondents said they opposed gay marriage, in a Washington Post-ABC poll. On marijuana legalization, blacks are most supportive while Latinos are the least supportive.
Fifty-one percent of blacks, 45 percent of Latinos and 47 percent of whites said they oppose gay marriage in the Nov. 7 poll of 1,023 adults. The margin of error for the full sample is 3.5 percentage points.
So why did blacks and other targeted groups vote overwhelmingly for President Obama? Free stuff. Post-election-Mitt Romney said as much:
“What the president, president’s campaign did was focus on certain members of his base coalition, give them extraordinary financial gifts from the government, and then work very aggressively to turn them out to vote,” Romney said in the afternoon call, according to audio aired on ABC News.
In addition, there is the forgiveness of student loan debt to young people and including them on their parents’ insurance program until they’re 26, thus burdening employers who are paying for the insurance. Then there was the gift of free contraception and healthcare in general.
So it’s not surprising that Obama won 93% of the African-American vote, 71% of the Latino vote, and 60% of those between the ages of 18 and 29.
Now take a look at this video from the Judge Judy Show to get some idea of how a significant number of people think about where the money comes from. The young man’s color is not relevant. There are whites – especially college students – who think the same way.
Ray

Cookeville, TN

#2 Nov 15, 2012
Nothing is free they will learn
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#3 Nov 15, 2012
Loyal fox news watchers here I see. I've got my tinfoil hat on too! Herp a derp.
Bob

Cookeville, TN

#4 Nov 15, 2012
Hey wrote:
Loyal fox news watchers here I see. I've got my tinfoil hat on too! Herp a derp.
Old teddy Almost 400 posts in Eight Days !! WOW!!! What a loser topix is your only life hehehhehe
Here we go again teddy bonkers posting under other names talking about cutting entailments hit’s a sore spot on you doesn’t it yeah when it’s all gone you want be on topix 24/7 and posting 390 posts in 8 days
Poor teddy a hard life will be knocking on your door soon :)
buffalo-bill

Cookeville, TN

#5 Nov 15, 2012
Yeah and she has been using my name to post with what a low life!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 15, 2012
This "free stuff" story has been blasted by several repubs as being lunacy. You also forgot to mention more whites voted for obama than they did romney.

Repubs have been giving free stuff, ie tax cuts, to the rich for their votes for years.

Judge judy---yep that's hardcore proof!!!!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7 Nov 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Old teddy Almost 400 posts in Eight Days !! WOW!!! What a loser topix is your only life hehehhehe
Here we go again teddy bonkers posting under other names talking about cutting entailments hit’s a sore spot on you doesn’t it yeah when it’s all gone you want be on topix 24/7 and posting 390 posts in 8 days
Poor teddy a hard life will be knocking on your door soon :)
LoL... Sorry to burst your bubble dumbazz. You sound as delusional and butthurt as your party. I can see how you may want it to be the same poster shooting you down over and over as opposed to a multitude of us. Funny stuff.
WOW

Cookeville, TN

#8 Nov 15, 2012
Teddy the attention seeker is up to 392 posts and again re posts under the name hey it’s so funny to watch this poor FBB posts around the clock on topix.
Get a Job teddy, you need a life miss your little man lol BFBB :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easy money 7 hr nutzaplente 3
ZAXBYS Algood, Not sure about it. Thoughts? 8 hr Hallie 9
For My Daughter 11 hr Proud Mama 1
Putnam county sheriffs deputys 12 hr Inform Yourself 6
Tom Jones (Sep '10) 12 hr Brent 13
A few local homewreckers on this site. 17 hr brandon 17
Academy Sports + Outdoors 700 New jobs coming (Aug '14) 18 hr please 63

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance