Isn't a single mother suppose to name...

Isn't a single mother suppose to name father when she receives

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

want to know

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Medicaid for her pregnancy and delivery? Doesn't the father have any obligation to pay for his child's medical care or is he not liable for it if the mother wishes to say she doesn't know who the father is? Don't shoot the messenger, just want to know. I have insurance on mine as well as paid for any outstanding balances, but I wonder how so many women are on it and living with the father, but he doesn't have to concern himself. He chooses not to work because he says it pays more not to and live on what she gets. It's like the government, or the taxpayers, have to shoulder the costs from the cradle to the grave on some people. Please don't tell me to mind my business because the costs of this is everyone's business.
baby daddy

Cookeville, TN

#2 Feb 27, 2013
when they do name a daddy, guess who gets to pay for the dna tests which usually end up being at least three? i once heard a redneck woman telling her teenage boy to make sure his girlfriend was on the pill after the older son underwent 2 dna tests by 2 different women that determined he was the brilliant one going around having unproteceted sex (he was the 3rd man tested to determine if he was the dad of the first one and the 5th guy tested for the 2nd one) and both girls were teenagers that had alreadsy had other children out of wedlock. the sad thing is that it never dawned on the redneck mom to try and teach the boy abstinance or about diseases... the girlfriend was pregnant within months.. another tenn care baby- no one ever worries about insurance or the money it takes to raise a child and they do not get married either.
honestly

Cookeville, TN

#3 Feb 27, 2013
The father of an unborn child can not carry coverage on said unborn child and the only way the woman can be carried is if they are married. So the mom is left with no choice unless she has individual coverage on herself. That's just the breaks and it will sadly never change
deadbeats

Cookeville, TN

#4 Feb 28, 2013
After the child is born, the father should be named and proved then they should set him (and her) up on a payment schedule to pay the state back. The hospital set me and my husband up on a payment plan for the remainder that was left on our bill after the insurance coverage paid their part. We had to pay so why shouldn't every body else? If you don't have the money: get a second job, or give up cable and internet, and that phone, and stop smoking. What ever it takes to pay your bills- it should not be my responsibility to pay. If you can't pay don't play!
want to know

United States

#5 Feb 28, 2013
deadbeats wrote:
After the child is born, the father should be named and proved then they should set him (and her) up on a payment schedule to pay the state back. The hospital set me and my husband up on a payment plan for the remainder that was left on our bill after the insurance coverage paid their part. We had to pay so why shouldn't every body else? If you don't have the money: get a second job, or give up cable and internet, and that phone, and stop smoking. What ever it takes to pay your bills- it should not be my responsibility to pay. If you can't pay don't play!
Thank you for your reply. This couple intentionally does not want to pay and does not want to work. They even put their days of leisure on her Facebook account and talking about getting a 3D ultraound, at the tune of $300 for the package, their latest electronic purchases and so on, and yet they will pay for this themselves. They're also on probation for drug charges. I wish Medicaid could see this.
Interested

Cookeville, TN

#6 Mar 1, 2013
want to know wrote:
Medicaid for her pregnancy and delivery? Doesn't the father have any obligation to pay for his child's medical care or is he not liable for it if the mother wishes to say she doesn't know who the father is? Don't shoot the messenger, just want to know. I have insurance on mine as well as paid for any outstanding balances, but I wonder how so many women are on it and living with the father, but he doesn't have to concern himself. He chooses not to work because he says it pays more not to and live on what she gets. It's like the government, or the taxpayers, have to shoulder the costs from the cradle to the grave on some people. Please don't tell me to mind my business because the costs of this is everyone's business.
You have made a very good point and post. Tax payers get the shaft all the way around.
Geno

Cary, IL

#7 Mar 1, 2013
want to know wrote:
As cold as this sounds, the birthing process is still just a medical procedure and is the responsibility of the woman until proof can be shown who's the father.
The one and only thing that can be changed on a birth certificate is the name of the father, because it is by filing the paperwork, no DNA report needed for the birth certificate
loveeveryone

Thomasville, NC

#8 Mar 1, 2013
tenn care...ebt card thank you tax payers (including myself and husband) for working so hard for my free government help...first off...you'd want it too if you needed it and the insurance is not even that great because half the places around here don't take it and secondly time to hit Walmart up with this ebt card...yeehaw! Thank ya!
parent

Martin, TN

#9 Mar 1, 2013
A male that is responsible for helping to bring a child into this world should have to pay for its care. We the government should work to change the laws that allows men and women to lay around and expect the hard working tax payers to support ther lazy butts.
holly

United States

#10 Mar 2, 2013
Can this be reported as Medicaid fraud? If the father is bragging on fb that he is the father and not contributing, can this not be shown to the Medicaid division. I don't think women should get pregnant and the father has no monetary responsibility. Why do we just not investigate it before women are put on state help. You know the kid is going to be on state help forever.
parent

Martin, TN

#11 Mar 2, 2013
Yes, the father.. should be helping to raise the child. After all he DID have a part in creating the child. So why should the mother and the government have the full responsibility to raise the child. We the government need to learn how to change laws and stop so much free help to lazy butt people. We should be able to report it to someone. If the parents are teenagers then their parents need to to step up and help instead of depending so much on uncle sam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ungrateful son 1 hr Retired Teacher 11
Krystle smith 3 hr K Parks 16
What happen to Chris Stedman 9 hr nutzaplente 2
Anchors down ? 9 hr nutzaplente 4
Looking for Jerry Wayne Matthews! 9 hr nutzaplente 3
Michael Crouch 9 hr nutzaplente 2
the nannie's daycare (Oct '11) Sat Me-me 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages