1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Dec 20, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NRA

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Petition Do NOT Reinstate the Federal "Assault Weapons Ban" Petition of 1994
Veto any attempt to reinstate the Federal "Assault Weapons Ban." The crime rate involving such firearms has not risen since the original ban expired in 2004. Reinstating the ban would harm the individual right to keep and bear arms as outlined in the United States Constitution and only affect law-abiding citizens who purchase such firearms legally for peaceful purposes such as sport, hunting, and home defense.
Banning such firearms on the ground that "nobody needs an Assault Weapon" is unjust. The right to own these firearms is outlined in the Bill of Rights... Not the Bill of Needs.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-... ...

This come from the page of a diehard democrat, who now see’s the threat of losing his guns. If you are interested sign the petition.
Gerald

Cookeville, TN

#2 Nov 18, 2012
It’s they thought their gun rights wouldn’t be affected, I tried to tell them.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 18, 2012
Assualt weapons are not protected by theconstitution. The only weapon you can have, if you want to pretend the constituition allows you to have firearms, is a black powder musket ,the weapon used at the time the constitution was written. Case closed.
what

Cookeville, TN

#4 Nov 18, 2012
So because you're not allowed to own a weapon that is clearly overkill for all practical purposes including hunting as well as self protection, that is somehow an infringement of your right to own guns?
listen

Sparta, TN

#5 Nov 18, 2012
NRA wrote:
Petition Do NOT Reinstate the Federal "Assault Weapons Ban" Petition of 1994
Veto any attempt to reinstate the Federal "Assault Weapons Ban." The crime rate involving such firearms has not risen since the original ban expired in 2004. Reinstating the ban would harm the individual right to keep and bear arms as outlined in the United States Constitution and only affect law-abiding citizens who purchase such firearms legally for peaceful purposes such as sport, hunting, and home defense.
Banning such firearms on the ground that "nobody needs an Assault Weapon" is unjust. The right to own these firearms is outlined in the Bill of Rights... Not the Bill of Needs.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-... ...
This come from the page of a diehard democrat, who now see’s the threat of losing his guns. If you are interested sign the petition.
It says page not found on this link.
listen

Sparta, TN

#6 Nov 18, 2012
listen wrote:
<quoted text>
It says page not found on this link.
It's on the homepage.
Link:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-...
Adam

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 18, 2012
Teddy Bonkers wrote:
Assualt weapons are not protected by theconstitution. The only weapon you can have, if you want to pretend the constituition allows you to have firearms, is a black powder musket ,the weapon used at the time the constitution was written. Case closed.
Sir, I humbly suggest you do some more research on the history of the opinions and views of the Founding Fathers regarding citizens owning firearms.

The very reason the entire Revolutionary War started was because the British tried to take away the Colonists' firearms at Lexington and Concord. Firearms that were on par with the standard military issue weaponry at the time.

The Founding Fathers agreed that the people should be able to overthrow the government, should it become too corrupt. How do you propose we do that if they're the only ones with firearms?

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in `An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787)

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Nov 18, 2012
I said NOTHING about disarming.
Adam

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 18, 2012
Teddy Bonkers wrote:
I said NOTHING about disarming.
If you'll notice, neither did I.

You did say, however, "if you want to pretend the constituition allows you to have firearms" which implies that you believe it does not, which is a ridiculous and ultimately incorrect opinion.

That, combined with your apparent believe that the 2nd Amendment only applies to black powder muskets leads one to believe that you are simply not studied up on the matter, ergo, my response.

If I interpreted your original message incorrectly, please let me know. I would be most interested to hear your full opinion on the matter.
Well

Cookeville, TN

#10 Nov 18, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'll notice, neither did I.
You did say, however, "if you want to pretend the constituition allows you to have firearms" which implies that you believe it does not, which is a ridiculous and ultimately incorrect opinion.
That, combined with your apparent believe that the 2nd Amendment only applies to black powder muskets leads one to believe that you are simply not studied up on the matter, ergo, my response.
If I interpreted your original message incorrectly, please let me know. I would be most interested to hear your full opinion on the matter.
If I were you, I wouldn’t waste my time replying To Teddy Bonkers This is Topix troll and a idiot from the ghetto, all she does is post crap for attention. She lives on Topix
listen

Sparta, TN

#11 Nov 18, 2012
distressed

Livingston, TN

#12 Nov 19, 2012
Very nice post, Adam. I agree 100%. We had better get ready, their coming for our guns, all guns.
Tin Man

Cookeville, TN

#13 Nov 19, 2012
Tin foil hats here! Get your tin foil hats. Obama has sold more guns that anyone. Nobody needs an assault rifle. They were banned once and the only one harmed were kooks looking to shoot up movie theaters.
heaton646

Tullahoma, TN

#14 Nov 19, 2012
This petition is good but it doesn't matter if the whole United States signs it, they are going to get it and throw it in the fire. Look up Small Arms Treaty that Hillary Clinton started and the day after election Obama started with the UN on pushing it thru. Its not just about assault weapons, it has to do with all guns.
Yeah I said that

Fort Myers, FL

#15 Nov 19, 2012
I don't think a ban on weapons will happen. If they try, there will most certainly be a fight from those who have them. Also, do you think the criminals will give up their guns, I don't think so. There isn't enough jail cells to house everyone that refuses to comply. It will never happen, trust me! Common sense people.
Yeah I said that

Fort Myers, FL

#16 Nov 19, 2012
Some estimates show there are an estimated 420 million guns in the US, both registered and, unregistered. That's at least 1 gun per person in the US! A ban on guns will never happen!
The truth

Elmhurst, IL

#17 Nov 26, 2012
Teddy Bonkers wrote:
It doesnt say "Musket" Get Glasses. It says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. What is an arm? Anything from handheld rockets to brass knuckles and everything in between.
lol

Cookeville, TN

#18 Nov 26, 2012
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt say "Musket" Get Glasses. It says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. What is an arm? Anything from handheld rockets to brass knuckles and everything in between.
Agree
WalmartSucks

Cookeville, TN

#19 Nov 26, 2012
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't have IMI Tavor TAR-21's in 1790. Another example of the constitution being taken out of historical context.
idiot

Cookeville, TN

#20 Nov 26, 2012
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Arms" was never defined. For all you know, it means we have the right to not be amputees.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 37 min Irving 145,896
Three arrested today for theft 2 hr DeDominicis 1
Cookeville woman one of three to sue Walmart (Oct '12) 3 hr DeDominicis 34
NAAWP National Association for the Advancement ... 3 hr DeDominicis 2
Putnam Justice Center Maintanence 3 hr DeDominicis 6
Getting Gas in Cookeville 3 hr catchy name 6
school bullying 3 hr DeDominicis 6
Sheriff Farris....One time Sheriff? 8 hr News Flash 56
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000