Jackass - Ryan Dunn Dead @ 34!

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

Wow

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jun 20, 2011
Details

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jun 20, 2011
On June 20, 2011 at approximately 3:30 am EDT, Dunn died in a car crash in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania[7]. Reports from TMZ state that he posted a photo of himself drinking with friends hours beforehand.[8] At the time of the accident, Dunn was believed to have been traveling over 110 mph (180 km/h). An unidentified occupant of the vehicle was also found dead at the scene.[8] WKST-FM reported that both of the bodies had suffered severe burns, and the emergency medical technicians experienced difficulty in identifying the vehicle's occupants; Dunn was reportedly identified by his tattoos and facial hair[9]
Benjamin

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 Jun 20, 2011
wow so sad so young he will be dearly missed made me laugh all the time r.i.p Ryan two the whole jack ass crew God bless you all and remember he will never be forgoton
Loyda Ruth De Leon

United States

#4 Jun 20, 2011
How so sad!!!! R.I.P.
that sucks

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2011
Met him and Raab at Bonnaroo a few years ago.. genuine good guy and funny as hell.. RIP Random Hero
um

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jun 20, 2011
That's what happens you drive drunk
& drive like a maniac.. You kill not only yourself but others. Luckily his stupidity Took his own life & not some innocent person or people. And whoever was in the car was an idiot too. Sad they died, yes but that's the consequences.
that sucks

United States

#7 Jun 20, 2011
Yes I agree.. The way he died was senseless and stupid.
Julio

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jun 20, 2011
How many lives have to be lost before people are willing to accept the fact that drinking while driving is dangerous, stupid, and totally unjustifiable. Rest in peace, Ryan. Hopefully his death will keep at least one person from making the same mistake.
jeff

United States

#9 Jun 20, 2011
Is it true part of the car was found in his rec tum?
Lets makes sense

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jun 20, 2011
I hate that the "jackass" is dead. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but "jackasses" and his actions are what is ruining our country. Our young people worship those that act like "jackassess", behave like "jackassess" and live and now die like "jackassess". I realize that Mr. Dunn is someone's son and I express my condolences to them. The world has one less "jackass". May Mr. Dunn rest in peace.
WISE UP

Manchester, TN

#11 Jun 20, 2011
YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. BECAUSE OF THIS IDIOT AND HIS STUPID STUFF OTHER PEOPLE ARE DEAD. THIS MAY HAVE SAVED OTHER LIVES AND THAT IS THE GOOD OF IT. WAKE UP DUMB A SS
O my god

United States

#12 Jun 20, 2011
Who ever even heard of this guy? I looked him up. He's best know for sticking a toy car up in his ahole. Its not like dustin hoffman has died.

Its just too bad he took another innocent life.
Just a mistake

Brentwood, TN

#14 Jun 21, 2011
I am sure that he didnt mean to do it and he thought he was fine.. After all it was a mistake yes he took his and someones life I am sure we all know someone who was careless behind the wheel and made a bad mistake ....

Please God, I'm Only 17

The day I died was an ordinary school day. How I wish I had taken the bus. But I was too cool for the bus. I remember how I wheedled the car out of Mom. "Special favor," I pleaded. "All the kids drive."

When the 2:50 bell rang, I threw all my books in the locker. I was free until 8:40 tomorrow morning! I ran to the parking lot, excited at the thought of driving a car and being my own boss. Free!

It doesn't matter how the accident happened. I was goofing off -- going too fast -- taking crazy chances. But I was enjoying my freedom and having fun. The last thing I remember was passing an old lady who seemed to be going awfully slow. I heard the deafening crash and felt a terrible jolt. Glass and steel flew everywhere. My whole body seemed to be turning inside out. I heard myself scream.

Suddenly I awakened; it was very quiet. A police officer was standing over me. Then I saw a doctor. My body was mangled. I was saturated with blood. Pieces of jagged glass were sticking out all over. Strange that I couldn't feel anything.

Hey, don't pull that sheet over my head! I can't be dead. I'm only 17. I've got a date tonight. I'm supposed to grow up and have a wonderful life. I haven't lived yet. I can't be dead!

Later I was placed in a drawer. My folks had to identify me. Why did they have to see me like this? Why did I have to look at Mom's eyes when she faced the most terrible ordeal of her life? Dad suddenly looked like an old man. He told the man in charge, "Yes, he is my son."

The funeral was a weird experience. I saw all my relatives and friends walk toward the casket. They passed by, one by one, and looked at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen. Some of my buddies were crying. A few of the girls touched my hand and sobbed as they walked away.

Please -- somebody -- wake me up! Get me out of here! I can't bear to see my mom and dad so broken up. My grandparents are so racked with grief they can hardly walk. My brothers and sisters are like zombies. They move like robots. In a daze, everybody. No one can believe this. And I can't believe it, either.

Please don't bury me! I'm not dead! I have a lot of living to do! I want to laugh and run again. I want to sing and dance. Please don't put me in the ground. I promise if you give me one more chance, God, I'll be the most careful driver in the whole world. All I want is one more chance!

Please, God, I'm only 17!
Wtfh

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jun 21, 2011
Just a mistake wrote:
I am sure that he didnt mean to do it and he thought he was fine.. After all it was a mistake yes he took his and someones life I am sure we all know someone who was careless behind the wheel and made a bad mistake ....
Well hell. Using the same logic, somebody who goes out and murders an innocent person because they were hopped up on meth and thought they were a Russian spy just made a careless mistake. There is no justification for driving while intoxicated. Period. It's called being a selfish asshole. There are no valid excuses when your actions result in the death of another individual.
truth

Columbia, SC

#16 Jun 23, 2011
O my god wrote:
Who ever even heard of this guy? I looked him up. He's best know for sticking a toy car up in his ahole. Its not like dustin hoffman has died.
Its just too bad he took another innocent life.
innocent? zach new he had been drinking and willingly got in the car.
truth

Columbia, SC

#17 Jun 23, 2011
Lets makes sense wrote:
I hate that the "jackass" is dead. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but "jackasses" and his actions are what is ruining our country. Our young people worship those that act like "jackassess", behave like "jackassess" and live and now die like "jackassess". I realize that Mr. Dunn is someone's son and I express my condolences to them. The world has one less "jackass". May Mr. Dunn rest in peace.
"the world has one less jackass"? have some respect for the dead, no matter how they died! What are you teaching kids, speaking that way of the dead?
truth

Columbia, SC

#18 Jun 23, 2011
WISE UP wrote:
YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. BECAUSE OF THIS IDIOT AND HIS STUPID STUFF OTHER PEOPLE ARE DEAD. THIS MAY HAVE SAVED OTHER LIVES AND THAT IS THE GOOD OF IT. WAKE UP DUMB A SS
LIke i said before he willingly got in the car it's as much his fault as ryans.
the bigger picture

United States

#20 Jun 23, 2011
This guys death does illustrate a point. The careless wreckless lifestyle these Jackass guys live will eventually catch up with them. Broken bones and chipped teeth are the minor things they'll suffer. This guy obviously believed the Jackass movie hype and tried to drive 140 mph while shitfaced thinking it would all work out somehow. It didn't.

Bodies ravaged by pointless injuries and drugs and alcohol these idiot Jackass boys won't think their schtick is so funny when they're 50 and not able to walk.

The endless stream of videos on the net of guys jumping off roofs onto tables or purposely injuring their own nut bags shows a generation that is so adrift and devoid of goals their only excitement comes from self inflicted injury.

So by all means injure our own nut bag all you want. That is a much safer alternative ,for the rest of us,to keep you from reproducing than burning yourself alive in a fiery car crash.
crawler

Cookeville, TN

#21 Jun 27, 2011
One less drunk on the road

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
father's right 2 hr nutzaplente 2
Good old boy with a new hit. 2 hr nutzaplente 2
Krissy Mitchell? 2 hr nutzaplente 2
Orlando 3 hr Vet101 25
Russell Stover Candies 6 hr Junk Food eater 6
Pat Summitt 7 hr Adam and Steve 1
Justices System in Putnam County 16 hr Qualls 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages