ucdd planning department
My Opinion

Cookeville, TN

#2410 Jul 31, 2012
Get rid of Gannon, Nesbitt, Foster and Pelham and the Board will be tolerable. Nesbitt seems to have a mouth disease, when he opens his mouth, crap falls out. Nesbitt claims to be a Preacher, but seems to have a VERY unforgiving spirit. He is one of the BIGGEST problems in the Board. I am thinking of moving to Smith County, just to run against the creep in the next election. Some claim he owes UCDD $5000 for taking his wife to Alaska that he still has not paid. By the way, does his wife still do subcontract work for UCDD at that outrageous pay?

My advise to new ED get rid of Randy, Patty, Michelle, Sherry, Holly and Dawn and you have weeded out the corruption that still exist at UCDD.

Board it seems to have learned their lesson with appointing Luke and did not make the same mistake by appointing Michelle.

Just my opinion.
george

Livingston, TN

#2411 Aug 1, 2012
The first thing I hope Farley does is to take down all those pictures of Wendy with her cronies.
O-U-8-1-2-lol

United States

#2412 Aug 1, 2012
Rest of the Story wrote:
@Really Now. I challenge you to point out just one thing I reported to be incorrect or false. Just name one thing. I donít want to hear any of your typical bullshit that itís all wrong, thatís a cowardís way out of a tough situation. It is obvious that you are a Wendy Askins lover and UCDD Board worshipper. Name just one thing that is wrong in my post. Itís easy to say someone is wrong; itís a different story to prove someone is wrong. Prove me wrong. You have been challenge. Astonish me with your brilliant wisdom.
Recap of my previous posts.
UCDD Board is corrupt and promoted corruption within UCDD when Wendy Askins was executive director.
PROOF: Board allowed Wendy to invest more than a million dollars of UCDD funds into the Living the Dream project. They knew that Wendy and her daughter, Anna Marie Askins, were using the Living the Dream mansion as a private residence. Read the Board meeting minutes of January 19, 2012 on News Channel 5 website. Wendy provided the Board members with lavish gifts, liquor and expensive hotel rooms at the expense of taxpayers with funds from UCDD. See receipts on News Channel 5 website.
Wendy Askins used UCDD employees and equipment for personal use.
PROOF: Wendy drove a silver Jeep that was owned by UCDD for her own personal use. She drove the Jeep to a horseshow in Ohio pulling a horse trailer containing a horse owned by her daughter, Anna Marie Askins. See the photos and receipts on News Channel 5 website. Wendy forced employees to help move her and Anna Marieís personal belongings to Living the Dream. Photos exists that show UCDD vehicles and employees moving furniture and other belongings from Wendyís home on West Cemetery Road to Living the Dream. This was all done during work hours. Randy Williams also used UCDD vehicles and employees to move him into his new home. Just asked Chad Blair, Wendyís brother. He was there.
Wendy Askins used UCDD funds transferred to the Living the Dream project for her own personal use.
PROOF: Wendy wrote checks from the Living the Dream account (UCDD funds) to herself and her daughter Anna Marie. Wendy was supposed to be volunteering her time, why would she write herself checks? Wendy sold her furniture to Living the Dream at a retail price. The furniture was used and had been in her West Cemetery Road home for more than two years when she sold the furniture, yet she sold the furniture as new furniture at a retail price. See receipts News Channel 5 website.
Patty Ray sold her personal vehicle to UCDD without going through proper bidding process. Then she continued to use the vehicle as if she still owned it. She drove it everywhere.
PROOF: See receipts and report from Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability (TCAD) regarding improper use of funding and bidding procedures. Report is News Channel 5 website.
We will see who is writing fiction.
More PROOF is coming soon.

I challenge u! Go back to news channel5 and look at the jeep and trailer anyone that has half a brain this includes u (Rest of the story) can identify that jeep as being an older model white jeep with a lugage rack on top Wendy's was a newer model Gray in color with no rack on the roof now the trailer it is an enclosed work trailer not made for hauling horses its not tall enough anyway to haul horses and thats a fact im no supporter of anyone in question l just get some good laughs of all that are want to be lawyers on here God bless and hope all u Topix warriors have a great day
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2413 Aug 1, 2012
Didn't Wendy get a new vehicle ever year? So someone would have to know what kind of car she was using that particular year... and what year she took that horse up to the horse show in Ohio.
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2414 Aug 1, 2012
And maybe that is not the same gazebo behind her house. Since the gazebo that was relocated off of UCDD property was not green, and the one on Wendy's property is green... now we all could be ashamed of ourselves.
Justin

Cookeville, TN

#2415 Aug 1, 2012
Now that ED position has been filled and we wait for all the reports to come back, we need some excitement. Wonder if Jeff Foxworthy will come to the next Board Meeting and test the Board Memebers to see which are Smarter than a 5th Grader? What a bunch of clowns.

@george, I was thinking the same thing while watching the live video yesterday. What the heck with all the pictures? Looked like that one wall was covered with pictures of Wendy. More good use of tax dollars. Wonder if Spendy Wendy had all those pictures customed framed?
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2416 Aug 1, 2012
@ Justin very funny! But I am sorry 5th grade is rather advanced for this group, 3rd would be my guess.
Concerned taxpayer

Cookeville, TN

#2417 Aug 1, 2012
As long as Wendy supporters are on the board and in the building the new ED will not be treated fair.
tax poor

Martin, TN

#2418 Aug 1, 2012
Concerned taxpayer wrote:
As long as Wendy supporters are on the board and in the building the new ED will not be treated fair.
Well! with Mr. reporter looking over their shoulder, they just might learn to behave.
small town newspaper

Cookeville, TN

#2419 Aug 1, 2012
yes, because you sure don't want to get caught with your hands in the cookie jar again....
small town newspaper

Cookeville, TN

#2420 Aug 1, 2012
They need to set an example if you screw up you don't get to eat free cookies with someone else's milk money....
just wondering

Cookeville, TN

#2421 Aug 1, 2012
tax poor wrote:
<quoted text>Well! with Mr. reporter looking over their shoulder, they just might learn to behave.
Mr. Reporter needs to be a permanent fixture at UCDD, especially for the executive board.
Hope

Cookeville, TN

#2422 Aug 1, 2012
Hope the new ED fires the whole damn bunch of cronies. They are all Wendy Lovers in one form or another. They all sat back and watch her spend this money and kept their mouth shut to protect their own interest. What a bunch of Losers! Start with all those Directors new ED, they knew better and kept their mouth shut because they were reaping the benefits. I am sure Sherry Thurman is one of the first people you will meet, let her be the first you fire. She is a fence staddler and will say exactly what you want to hear. Randy, Patty, Lorie,Dawn and Holly are carbon copies and will sugar coat the whole thing. Do yourself a favor, bite the bullet and get rid of all of them. There are many others you need to watch, but this is a good start.
Hope

Cookeville, TN

#2423 Aug 1, 2012
Oh, I forgot to mention Michelle. She is dangerous to your future with UCDD. BEWARE, she will make believe she is your best friend as she is shoving the knife in your back. Just my personal opinion from personal observation.
I AM Sick of your comment

Jamestown, TN

#2424 Aug 1, 2012
Ever since the first of the year there has been about 2000 comments on this subject. Most, if not all, have been critical of the agency and or the employees. But, yesterday you all showed your backbone. Where were you? You were not in the meeting. All talk and no spine. What about the bushel of apples ? Where were you? I looked for you.In my humble opinion, most of you are no better than the ones that you criticised for the past 7 months. Give it a rest, yellowbellys!
Shut up MP

Cookeville, TN

#2425 Aug 1, 2012
I AM Sick of your comment wrote:
Ever since the first of the year there has been about 2000 comments on this subject. Most, if not all, have been critical of the agency and or the employees. But, yesterday you all showed your backbone. Where were you? You were not in the meeting. All talk and no spine. What about the bushel of apples ? Where were you? I looked for you.In my humble opinion, most of you are no better than the ones that you criticised for the past 7 months. Give it a rest, yellowbellys!
Sour grapes I see because the only person voted for you was the one that was voted in while in Nursing Home. We didn't show up because that crazy Chairman would have went APE on us and we tried to be Civil, know that is something you would not understand. Hope new ED fires your ass first thing.
Yeah Stupid

Cookeville, TN

#2426 Aug 1, 2012
You have been kissing their asses for years and not a one of then voted for your ugly fatass.
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2427 Aug 1, 2012
Look, I don't live in Crookeville, so it is not just around the corner for me. For me this is an all day event, and without any financial return. When I learned that PW was running this live, that answered my question dear. Now I am not opposed to going to one of the meetings, and I just might. But I have had a jammed pack last couple days and as much fun as this is, it is just a past time for me. Making a living and taking care of my family has to come first. Aggravating people who are idiots, that's second, after all a girls gotta have some fun.
point of view

Cookeville, TN

#2428 Aug 2, 2012
I personally do not know Mark Farley, but I do wish him the best of luck in his new job. He has a lot on his plate and I believe that he will be watching and listening to the "crap" that has been going on inside the UCDD agency, and will take actions on the negativity that has plagued this agency for several months. If this means firing and rehiring the right people to help him take this agency to the next level, so be it.. He can't do anything about the executive board and their ignorance, that is the voters in their district to decide, but he can put a positive spin on the employees at UCDD. Lets hope that this happens.
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2429 Aug 2, 2012
I never met Mr. Farley, but I do wish him well. I will say I would not have voted for him for several reasons. But there are many reasons for the board to vote for him. Since he has been working for White County Gov., he knows who he is dealing with, and he knows what the locals are like, and the locals know him. The finance background did not interest me as much as someone else who stated they know what it takes to get a program off the ground. Farley's speech was very generic. This situation that UCDD is facing is not generic, it is out of the box. The board is certainly not going to let some outsider come in and tell them what to do, and Farley is not an outsider. I think this position really calls for a project manager, and not someone who is going to audit and review financial statements. But this works for the board if they don't want to get caught stealing next time. He'll know where to hide the bodies. I also did not care for his come back about dealing with the issues at UCDD on the interpersonal level. His answer was they are not working hard enough, so work them harder. That just is not the case. As a matter of fact that is the way to get rid of employees you don't like, slam them with a bunch of overloaded monotonous repetative documents. Work them day and night till they are exhausted, and drop. But that is not the right way. Each case is individual, and until you know both sides of the story you don't know the whole story. You really don't know what the employees are going through, some have medical issues, some have family problems, and then some just won't get in the boat and row. My final thought on the Farley interview was that he presented well, but I had the impression that he was not telling the truth. Of course so many people lie on job interviews I sort of dismissed that thought.

I was a little surprised, as I think others were with the amount of money Michelle Price brought to UCDD. The fact that she had her folders ready to pass out, it looked very impressive. Just a side note, I think her hair could use a trim. What her two major fails were; one she did not distance herself from the current corruption, and two bringing text messages to Thompson- huge mistake. Michelle could have countered that by saying,Chris Thompson is my supervisor and it was my intention to keep him informed. That was my only intention, and drop it. That appeared unproffesional, and certianly left the feeling that she could not be trusted. Michelle left me with a sense of feeling sorry for her. Since she had no idea how bad that looks to an outsider, I realized she has been on this roller coaster so long she has no comprehension of what profesional demeanor entails.

Maybe Phil Williams should not have told Farley he was hired until he completed a backround check. Maybe that is why the board did not notify him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Driving on I40 3 hr Moron 4
Good ole boys at it again 4 hr Remember election... 1
Contraband case at PCSD 4 hr Remember election... 2
year later democrats are still crying 8 hr observer lol 26
Butch chaffin must go 9 hr Laughing at this ... 148
Zaxby's WTF! Gives You RUNS For Your Money! (Jul '10) 11 hr Wheres little Waldo 28
Kmart 13 hr Sally 15

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages