ucdd planning department
point of view

Cookeville, TN

#2265 Jul 24, 2012
point of view wrote:
<quoted text> When did Wendy right a check? After she resigned or before? I am confused by that statement!
Let me retract the last statement, I should have read the NC5 post, before I spoke (or typed). How can she only owe little over 1200.00 to UCDD, when the receipts that Phil Williams dug out of the garbage can came to much more? Who are these auditors? I can't hardly believe that she is going to get out of this mess. How does she think that she can help the district when she doesn't even have a job and her face has been plastered all over the news? She is a piece of work, alright.
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2266 Jul 24, 2012
Anybody get a weird feeling like Wendy is going to ask for her job back?

I can't believe the State Auditors report looked at everything,$1,2XX. please that's one trip to Bath and Body works for her.
Hey Tweetie

Tullahoma, TN

#2268 Jul 24, 2012
... what causes you to think that Michelle will get the ED job?

Can the board be that brash, to name an Askins insider to that position? As someone else posted, Michelle is a nice lady, but crap, people, her name appears everywhere on the LTD documents.
Windy

Cookeville, TN

#2269 Jul 24, 2012
You idiots might as well shut up, the queen of Tennessee sleaz wins again. Yep, she will be right back in there running business as usual in another 6 months. Let me give you a quick course in small town politics, sex, lies and video tapes will win in the short run, it is the long run they need to worry about. The Ashley's and news media will end up looking like the bad guys, while the corruption re-erupts. We will see the same old games played evidentually, with cell phones, vehicles, gas cards and trips, but most of all, hopefully Mike Foster's fingers will heal from the severe burn and he can move on to a happy life. Patty can get her car bought and paid for again so she is not in so much debt, Randy and Dawn can get back to hiking everyday and Michelle and Sherry can do whatever it is they do. Love to all. Puke.
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2270 Jul 24, 2012
So did Foster and Pelham pay $210,000+ to some lawyers for a non forensic audit of UCDD, and that information was pretty much worthless, what a way to spend a quarter mill guys.

Didn't the board vote to report their own accountant?

Why would Larry Webb quit?

All these unanswered questions are left.

If this gets turned into a made for TV movie I want to play Sherry Thurman.
Tweet Tweet

Cookeville, TN

#2271 Jul 24, 2012
Hey Tweetie wrote:
... what causes you to think that Michelle will get the ED job?
Can the board be that brash, to name an Askins insider to that position? As someone else posted, Michelle is a nice lady, but crap, people, her name appears everywhere on the LTD documents.
Michelle will be named as ED, she has bragged for months that she is the front runner. It will be interesting to see this forum in a year from now, Wendy and Michelle will be fighting for the same position. Charles and Barbara will come out of retirement to earn $20 an hour for answering the phone or pretending to clean the building. Hahaha. Luke and Michelle are only pawns in this game and will get the boot sooner or later, the Board just need them for the dirty work. The Board will fight tooth and nail to get Wendy back in there to run both agencies and Luke and Michelle will be in the same position as Ashley. One thing you can count on with Wendy, you can't count on Wendy. Well, you poor people will learn that one the hard way.
poppop

Cookeville, TN

#2273 Jul 25, 2012
point of view wrote:
<quoted text>Let me retract the last statement, I should have read the NC5 post, before I spoke (or typed). How can she only owe little over 1200.00 to UCDD, when the receipts that Phil Williams dug out of the garbage can came to much more? Who are these auditors? I can't hardly believe that she is going to get out of this mess. How does she think that she can help the district when she doesn't even have a job and her face has been plastered all over the news? She is a piece of work, alright.
Sad truth is she was in charge and can basically do what she wants. Most of what Phil uncovered was technically legal, unethical, but legal. The people that were suppose to keep her in check, the board, didn't. Those people that allowed her to get away with it all are still on the board. EVERY, SINGLE, ONE of them on the board is responsible. Even if they weren't in her little group, they didn't do their due diligence in making sure she was doing the right thing. They either didn't show up to meetings, or just nodded and went along. EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Now, I'm still hoping that they can find something to nail her on. I still don't see how this is it.
O-U-8-1-2-lol

Chattanooga, TN

#2274 Jul 25, 2012
You people drive me crazy on here you have crucified a women on gossip and what the media says! The media only cares about there ratings they do not care what the end of the story is or anything else just ratings! The Comp Trollers office did a in depth investigation went back all 17 yrs of her service and only found $1200 in wrongful spending as bad as everyone hates to admit sounds like there was more setting her up and wrongful doing and wasting tax payers dollars setting her up than Wendy wasted just my onion everyone is entitled to one
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2275 Jul 25, 2012
* The information from Lowery as not been verified, nor is it understood what conditions this $1,2XX. meets. Was this one month? One year? Or one trip to Spankies?
* This is only from the Comptroller of Tn, Fed's are a different ballgame they are up next.
* Lexus Nexus TCA 13-14-14 and TCA 13-14-201 were not being followed.
* The board was responsible, I humbly submit that the board IS responsible, and should take Wendy to court and sue her for all misappropriated funds. Living the Dream expenses etc. But they won't, and I hope we find out why eventually.
* The Board should sue Askins, Webb, Foster and Pelham for the quarter million dollar (useless) audit from the "lawyers" investigation.

I don't know what they (the board) are hiding, but I hope we all find out pretty quick here.
Apples

Crossville, TN

#2276 Jul 25, 2012
O-U-8-1-2-lol wrote:
You people drive me crazy on here you have crucified a women on gossip and what the media says! The media only cares about there ratings they do not care what the end of the story is or anything else just ratings! The Comp Trollers office did a in depth investigation went back all 17 yrs of her service and only found $1200 in wrongful spending as bad as everyone hates to admit sounds like there was more setting her up and wrongful doing and wasting tax payers dollars setting her up than Wendy wasted just my onion everyone is entitled to one
You keep your onion. I have my own.
For All People

Livingston, TN

#2277 Jul 25, 2012
O-U-8-1-2-lol wrote:
The audit is not finished yet. I don't care what the "phone call" to her attorney said, until the findings are posted in black and white and released to the board and the public. IT IS NOT FINISH. The 1200 dollars, I would say, is for the 'dog food' and the bath and body works, etc etc.

The proof is in black and white, we all can read and under stand documents, fake minutes to cover her tracks, receipts of things that was so out of control.

If she is so on the up and up, then why did she move into the LTD House with her daughter. Rent her house out. Sure she said she was there to oversee the work being done, but that is totally what I call BS. She had a couple of people they were "helping to live the dream", even tho she is not a licensed anything.
She is not a nutritionist, a license nurse or caregiver, she is not the fire marshall. What she is, is a woman who wanted to live her dream at the expense of others. She did not have to move into the house to oversee projects. She did not have to HIDE paperwork for all being done there. She did not need an office there. It's not like the place was an hour a way, it was right down the street.
There was OUTRAGEOUS spending done, for her comfort, when she should have been spending the money on the apartments. Get rid of the "window" air conditions in the units and put in small central air/heat units. Replaced carpet, paint the walls, make them look inviting for those that were going to live there.
NOT on grand chandeliers and computerized showers. Sure the beauty shop was a nice touch, but PLEASE... SHE did this to herself and got caught at it.
LTD went from FOR PROFIT to non profit, so they could get their hands on grant monies and taxpayer's money.
The horses, dogs, anything like that should not have been put there until she had the right kind of licenses, approved Fire Marshall occupancy paperwork, and valid, nutritionist, medical staff of some kind, licensed, before the first person went in.

Tell me, how were these folks living the dream at a lower rate going to eat.

She did this to herself. I for one minute do not think, anyone but Karma did this to her, the Board, and those that are neck deep in this BS.

Have a nice day~
point of view

Cookeville, TN

#2278 Jul 25, 2012
For All People wrote:
<quoted text>
The audit is not finished yet. I don't care what the "phone call" to her attorney said, until the findings are posted in black and white and released to the board and the public. IT IS NOT FINISH. The 1200 dollars, I would say, is for the 'dog food' and the bath and body works, etc etc.
The proof is in black and white, we all can read and under stand documents, fake minutes to cover her tracks, receipts of things that was so out of control.
If she is so on the up and up, then why did she move into the LTD House with her daughter. Rent her house out. Sure she said she was there to oversee the work being done, but that is totally what I call BS. She had a couple of people they were "helping to live the dream", even tho she is not a licensed anything.
She is not a nutritionist, a license nurse or caregiver, she is not the fire marshall. What she is, is a woman who wanted to live her dream at the expense of others. She did not have to move into the house to oversee projects. She did not have to HIDE paperwork for all being done there. She did not need an office there. It's not like the place was an hour a way, it was right down the street.
There was OUTRAGEOUS spending done, for her comfort, when she should have been spending the money on the apartments. Get rid of the "window" air conditions in the units and put in small central air/heat units. Replaced carpet, paint the walls, make them look inviting for those that were going to live there.
NOT on grand chandeliers and computerized showers. Sure the beauty shop was a nice touch, but PLEASE... SHE did this to herself and got caught at it.
LTD went from FOR PROFIT to non profit, so they could get their hands on grant monies and taxpayer's money.
The horses, dogs, anything like that should not have been put there until she had the right kind of licenses, approved Fire Marshall occupancy paperwork, and valid, nutritionist, medical staff of some kind, licensed, before the first person went in.
Tell me, how were these folks living the dream at a lower rate going to eat.
She did this to herself. I for one minute do not think, anyone but Karma did this to her, the Board, and those that are neck deep in this BS.
Have a nice day~
I agree with all that you just said, I am getting a little sick and tired of the blonde bitch blame everybody for her "bad reputation", she did this to her self. Her lawyer is as bad as she is, so what she paid back 1229.00, big deal!! I also agree with "apples", Wendy and that bunch of horny men on that executive board need to pay back the bank and all the lavish spending that Wendy did on "Living the Dream" house. But this will not happen, they will appoint someone that will do their dirty work. Not anyone that has any business knowledge, probably one of the flunkies at UCDD. I hope Phil Williams is at that meeting its the only way the public will have knowledge of what is going on.
my understanding

Cookeville, TN

#2279 Jul 25, 2012
Apples wrote:
So did Foster and Pelham pay $210,000+ to some lawyers for a non forensic audit of UCDD, and that information was pretty much worthless, what a way to spend a quarter mill guys.
Didn't the board vote to report their own accountant?
Why would Larry Webb quit?
All these unanswered questions are left.
If this gets turned into a made for TV movie I want to play Sherry Thurman.
Your first sentence is right on the mark! What a worthless (to the public) audit! That audit was personal advice and should be paid for by those it was custom formatted around. This might sound way "out there" but isn't there something of a legal concept called "law of the land" where a law isn't actually on the books as such, but the judge can allow a ruling that goes along with the public outcry, the area of the country, the political relevance, or something along those lines? Anyone not think I'm crazy and know something about that concept? Please don't just answer to tell me I'm nuts, I already wonder, myself!!
my understanding

Cookeville, TN

#2280 Jul 25, 2012
point of view wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with all that you just said, I am getting a little sick and tired of the blonde bitch blame everybody for her "bad reputation", she did this to her self. Her lawyer is as bad as she is, so what she paid back 1229.00, big deal!! I also agree with "apples", Wendy and that bunch of horny men on that executive board need to pay back the bank and all the lavish spending that Wendy did on "Living the Dream" house. But this will not happen, they will appoint someone that will do their dirty work. Not anyone that has any business knowledge, probably one of the flunkies at UCDD. I hope Phil Williams is at that meeting its the only way the public will have knowledge of what is going on.
I feel the same way as both of you do but gotta remind myself that it's legal "posturing". I wonder how much of an affect public outcry could have on this. Some might say it goes on & on all over and on a larger scale, but I believe you have to start small and do what you can in your own little patch of earth to work for change. Baby steps, and all that. Worse thing is not to do anything.
Something very wrong

Cookeville, TN

#2281 Jul 25, 2012
If I go into Wal-Mart and steal a pack of $3.00 hot dogs to feed my starving children, do you think they will let me pay for the hot dogs and go on my way? Of course not, they will have me arrested and haul my butt into court. I will then have court cost, a fine and probation. Why, because I committed a crime. Something not right about this. This theif has stole or in softer terms, mismanaged funds and she can write a check and all is well. I think not and hope the public continues to be outraged and not stand for this lame excuse. I don't think this is the full report either, something not right here, if the report is complete how come News Channel 5 don't have a copy? People stand together on this rotten case and DEMAND justice for this thief. I don't beieve for a New York second that is all they found out of 17 years. I am beginning to think there is a bigger story beyond this story, there is too much energy put into covering up this story. I would suggest looking into the bigger players in this story, Wendy could just be their scapegoat.
Tweet Tweet

Cookeville, TN

#2282 Jul 25, 2012
O-U-8-1-2-lol wrote:
Your user name shows how upstanding and creditible you are. So this is the kind of people that support her. Disgusting!
The Jackass Whisperer

Cookeville, TN

#2283 Jul 25, 2012
Tweet Tweet wrote:
<quoted text>
Your user name shows how upstanding and creditible you are. So this is the kind of people that support her. Disgusting!
this is either one of her many family members, getting weaned off of the government teat, I hope, or else it is a kindred spirit in crime.
Bad Apple

Crossville, TN

#2284 Jul 25, 2012
I made a mistake on a post. The next meeting is July 31 at 1:00pm, not 10:00am, like the former meetings.

At this point I almost fear getting arrested if I show up to one of these meetings. I don't talk much but when it starts, it's hard to stop.

@ something wrong. It was more like Wendy and all her buddies went to Walmart and stole steaks, and shrimp for years and years then turned around and only paid for the one pack of hot dogs they got caught with.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with the Hanson case. It was a FBI agent that sold secrets to the soviets. Well first when they got wind of it, they actually promoted the guy, because they wanted him moved to a corner office where they could keep an eye on him. Then they just took their sweet time and gathered every little rock and pebble. I wonder if he is still rotting in jail. The FeeBees were pissed but they played along. This is going to be a pretty big feather in someone's cap.

For All People

Livingston, TN

#2285 Jul 25, 2012
In the Herald Citizen, concerning the audit:

just an excerpt here:

Blake Fontenay, media coordinator for the state comptroller's office, said it is a matter of policy that no one in the comptroller's office can comment on audits or investigations -- even to confirm or deny if they are ongoing.

"If there is an audit ongoing, it will be released to the public upon its completion," he continued. "And the time frame for that is variable. Each audit has different sets of facts and circumstances, so some can take longer than others.

"I also cannot discuss who we can or can't talk to during investigations."

Therefore, no timeline is available on the release of that audit, along with UCHRA's, which is reportedly being held to be released with UCDD's report.

Read more: Herald Citizen - Askins reimburses UCDD for expenses

Also, they have who they are interviewing for the Director's job.

* William Haston, current city manager of Eagleville, Tenn.;

* Mack Willhite of Sparta;

* John Allen of Cookeville, who worked with UT Agriculture Extension Office in Davidson County and the Tennessee Department of Agriculture;

* Steven Bias of Cookeville, former regional director of the local planning assistance office in Cookeville;

* Mike Maxwell of Cookeville;

* Alan Stingley of Cookeville;

* Paul Rossen, former Lawrence County executive;

* Deborah Robinson of Crossville;

* Charles Dallas of Lafayette;

* Michelle Price of Cookeville, currently employed at the UCDD as director of research;

* James Kennedy of Cookeville;

* Bill Woodard of Smith County;

* Mark Farley, White County director of finance;

* John C. Brown of Crossville;

* Filomena Palmer of Cookeville;

* Billy Robbins, former mayor of Byrdstown.

Five of those will be recommended to come before the full board, which has a special-called meeting July 31 at 1 p.m. An appointment of a new director will be made then.

The meeting is open to the public.

Note: Randy Williams has withdrawn his name from the candidacy for the director position. He was not interviewed.

Read more: Herald Citizen - Askins reimburses UCDD for expenses
The Jackass Whisperer

Cookeville, TN

#2286 Jul 25, 2012
The Jackass Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>this is either one of her many family members, getting weaned off of the government teat, I hope, or else it is a kindred spirit in crime.
OOOOPPPS!!!!! I didn't mean to say YOU are the family member, etc., here, rather the person that you, also, were responding to!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Academy Sports + Outdoors 700 New jobs coming (Aug '14) 10 min please 61
ZAXBYS Algood, Not sure about it. Thoughts? 1 hr Disgusted 8
A few local homewreckers on this site. 1 hr Misplaced Blame 15
Easy money 4 hr Easy 1
good mom and pop restaurants in cookeville? (Oct '10) Tue Smith 11
they anyone that can tell me to get a box of food Tue Lifeishardsometimes 2
Chris and Amy lewis"s kids (Sep '10) Tue Truth seeker 32

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance