rebel

Columbia, SC

#2 Jun 20, 2011
u don't have to listen
Shopper

Clarksville, TN

#3 Jun 20, 2011
meatstoreshopper wrote:
I visit spring street market once a week, and have for the past twenty years. The past three weeks I've been there everyone in the store is mumbling on about an affair amongst people working there. I don't wanna hear about who is sleeping with who while im standing in line. About to take my business elsewhere. If they can't have decent conversations with the customers as opposed to rambling back and forth as they slam groceries into the bags then I think they all need to repeat highschool....apparently they haven't outgrew the drama.
Tell George. He will stop it!
chefbobo

United States

#4 Jun 20, 2011
Lol. Funny you mention that, is was there yesterday and the girl that carried my groceries out stood at my car texting about it. Someone screwing around on his wife w/ someone that works there also. I was cracking up at the spring street love triangle. I used to work there back in the day. Nothings changed, well other than the fact that George used to hire attractive cashiers.
meatstoreshopper

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2011
No, I don't have to listen to it. I can and will shop elsewhere.
rebel

Columbia, SC

#6 Jun 20, 2011
man it must be bad i never heard a love triangle last time i was there?
tina456

Mcminnville, TN

#7 Jun 20, 2011
thats funny get over it that stuff u will hear about it every where u go..thats life!!!!
isay

United States

#8 Jun 21, 2011
tina456 wrote:
thats funny get over it that stuff u will hear about it every where u go..thats life!!!!
Well when I go to Krogers I never hear about who is messing with who. If they do, they have the courtesy not to do it in front of a customer. It's also hard not to listen when you are right there where the gossip is. I think your advice should be that employees "get over it" and do their gossiping on their breaks. However, it really isn't a big deal in a world that has a lot more serious things going on!
lincoln

United States

#9 Jun 21, 2011
lol who cares? seriously.
Ludo

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jun 21, 2011
isay wrote:
<quoted text> Well when I go to Krogers I never hear about who is messing with who. If they do, they have the courtesy not to do it in front of a customer. It's also hard not to listen when you are right there where the gossip is. I think your advice should be that employees "get over it" and do their gossiping on their breaks. However, it really isn't a big deal in a world that has a lot more serious things going on!
Kroger is the Walmart of grocery stores.
Mstea

United States

#11 Jun 21, 2011
lincoln wrote:
lol who cares? seriously.
Evidently the OP cares. Overall it's not a problem as compared to your eggs getting laid under the bag of dog food. Btw, how come Spring Street Market is smelly?
krogers

Manchester, TN

#12 Jun 21, 2011
Kroger's sex things going on for years. you just don't hear about it much.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#13 Jun 21, 2011
Why do people always add an 's' to the end of Kroger? It's KROGER not KROGERS for crying out loud.
Mstea

United States

#14 Jun 21, 2011
ROFLCOPTER wrote:
Why do people always add an 's' to the end of Kroger? It's KROGER not KROGERS for crying out loud.
For crying out loud, where in the heck are you when people post atrocious spelling and grammar? Don't forget the posts that talk about specific people and then slander the *ell out of them. Yes, it's all about the 's' that shouldn't be on the end of Kroger. Please forgive my horrible, unintentional mistake and I hope it didn't cause you too much anguish!
why

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jun 21, 2011
Why in this world would you get on here and take jabs at a store that has done absolutely nothing to you? Spring Street is one of the only family owned businesses that is left in Cookeville. If you don't like their gossip[which you probably do or you wouldn't be on here starting trouble] take your a** to the car and go somewhere else.I'm sure they don't want people like you in there anyway.They won't miss your foodstamps.
Someone

Cookeville, TN

#16 Jun 21, 2011
why wrote:
Why in this world would you get on here and take jabs at a store that has done absolutely nothing to you? Spring Street is one of the only family owned businesses that is left in Cookeville. If you don't like their gossip[which you probably do or you wouldn't be on here starting trouble] take your a** to the car and go somewhere else.I'm sure they don't want people like you in there anyway.They won't miss your foodstamps.
Freaking seriously. I bet the people bitching haven't even tried to do anything themselves to fix the problem before resorting to shit slinging here on topix. When I have an issue at a store, I politely bring it up with a manager or supervisor. You people act like you have virgin ears. If a little gossip is enough to make you take your business elsewhere I bet you don't go within 50 miles of a church. Spring Street is a wonderful store and I'll keep shopping there.
meatstoreshopper

Clover, SC

#17 Jun 21, 2011
I do attend church. I don't have foodstamps, and I have taken it up with the manager.
been there

Clover, SC

#18 Jun 21, 2011
I use to work at spring street. Everyone there is great. Everyone has a personal life and sometimes it comes out at work. Big deal. I shop at spring street. Always have always will. Id rather hear cashiers talking about anything other than how bad they hate their jobs, that's all ya get at walmart. Especially from the fat b!tches.
Eenymeeny

United States

#19 Jun 21, 2011
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Freaking seriously. I bet the people bitching haven't even tried to do anything themselves to fix the problem before resorting to shit slinging here on topix. When I have an issue at a store, I politely bring it up with a manager or supervisor. You people act like you have virgin ears. If a little gossip is enough to make you take your business elsewhere I bet you don't go within 50 miles of a church. Spring Street is a wonderful store and I'll keep shopping there.
Are you saying the OP does not go to church because of what he/she said? Just want to get what you meant.
Eenymeeny

United States

#21 Jun 21, 2011
Orange Soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao I think they meant that you can hear more gossip in church than you can anywhere else (which is 100% true) and that if the OP couldn't put up with hearing it at spring street then they probably stay far away from church.
Thanks for the clarification!
who

Jeffersonville, IN

#22 Jun 21, 2011
Shopper wrote:
<quoted text> Tell George. He will stop it!
who is george

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Factories 1 hr Deeznuts 3
What type of business will succeed in Cookeville? 2 hr Sniffles McGhee 9
Bowmans and More Etc Scammers 2 hr Sniffles McGhee 14
Algood cop cheating on his wife 5 hr cookeville truth ... 8
judge Hudson (Jan '10) 6 hr Sarah D 56
Camel toes 8 hr Sniffles McGhee 22
best musician in cookeville 9 hr just no 15
Shooting at Ficosa plant 3 victims so far... 23 hr Just Hush 157

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web