Shelby, NC

#45 Oct 17, 2012
Its totally his. People are funny
Again-Joke is on you

Albemarle, NC

#46 Oct 17, 2012
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you mr spell check. "Sence" is not even a word. Obviously sense is what was meant to be in its place. However... On the way to becoming a little more educated Mr. Spell check, the word 'literate' has taken on meanings that go beyond the simple definition of 'reading and writing' as we had conceived of it in 1984....we acknowledge that the word literacy itself has come to mean competence, knowledge and skills. Take, for example, common expressions such as 'computer literacy,' "civic literacy,''health literacy,' and a score of other usages in which literacy stands for know-how and awareness of the first word in the expression. Which I obviously knew how to use the word in proper context, but made a typo.
The past decade has been marked by significant new directions in literacy research brought about by questions which seek to discover how literacy functions in families...in communities...and in workplaces... What does it mean to be 'literate' as a member of a particular culture? What are the patterns of literacy use within fields of work, within professions, within age-groups? Let's take an explicitly constructivist perspective to the definition of literacy:
For some time now, a new perspective on literacy, and the learning processes through which literacy is acquired, has been emerging. This new perspective does not consist of old ideas with a new name, but rather it represents a profound shift from a text-driven definition of literacy to a view of literacy as active transformation of texts. In the old view, meaning was assumed to reside primarily within text, whereas, in the new view, meaning is created through an interaction of reader and text. So once again my literacy prevailed over your comment, meaning I'm pretty sure when you read my prior comment, you understood it, Mr Spell check.... Please read over this and forward me any gramical errors or typos, thanks.... Hope ya learned something
If I did find any errors, I would let Dr. Julia Scherba de Valenzuela know, considering she wrote what you were too dumb to come up with on your own, but lazy enough to google, copy, & paste. Sheesh...oh and here is the website since you didn't give her credit in your rant.
http://www.unm.edu/~devalenz/handouts/literac...
David

Shelby, NC

#47 Oct 18, 2012
Again-Joke is on you wrote:
<quoted text>
If I did find any errors, I would let Dr. Julia Scherba de Valenzuela know, considering she wrote what you were too dumb to come up with on your own, but lazy enough to google, copy, & paste. Sheesh...oh and here is the website since you didn't give her credit in your rant.
http://www.unm.edu/~devalenz/handouts/literac...
Ummm I don't know what you think a joke is, but none of your posts are... You two are trying to prove a mute point. This a review topic. Just goes to show what the real purpose of this site is. Lol. Fun though.
Wow

Cookeville, TN

#48 Oct 21, 2012
This has got off topic, back to the advertising,

KIRK is still a bser, with thugs that work for him,when their not robbing him, that he sometimes pays when his checks dont bounce, his prices are high because of all the child support he has with illegit kids, get ur vehicle cleaned here, he needs the money!! help a fellar out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
car wash ripoff. clean care $3. $55 for 1 carwash? (Jul '14) 1 hr elohel 22
Stacey Rinehart 6 hr my opinion 3
Stephen Rinehart 6 hr what I think 3
jessica curtis (Jan '12) 6 hr just saying 14
Cookeville MAYOR - Ego or not 9 hr wondering 5
hertz 15 hr never hertz 1
Amanda Haney 16 hr nutzaplente 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages