Billy

Cookeville, TN

#21 Nov 26, 2010
I agree they are over priced on much of their stuff. The only way is the half-off sale or the pricer didn't know what they were pricing. I guess thats why they call it shopping.
totally agree

Cookeville, TN

#22 Nov 26, 2010
hmmm wrote:
I personally feel dirty when I leave that store. Its amazing what dirty stuff people will donate. I would rather give my stained up panties to a help center than goodwill who tries to sell it for double what its worth. I know you can find good deals, but you have to dig and search for it. Not worth it to me. Shop smart at other stores and you get the same if not better price.
My experience exactly.
been there

Cookeville, TN

#23 Nov 27, 2010
I totally agree. I never donate to goodwill, they are rude and over price the stuff that was given to them. It's a joke!!!!! Donate to Genesis House (home for abused women and children)...Chance youth home (home for troubled young ladies)....Several churches also are in need of clothing.....Please do not give to Goodwill, the only people they are trying to help is themselves.....
Robert Barnes

Cookeville, TN

#24 Dec 1, 2010
My wife works at goodwill Voluntarily for something to do,...she has cerebral palsy and has depression.Yes they do over price items but they also under price items cause the employees dont know exactly what some items are worth ,..after all they just work there ,lol,and price stuff.The manager tells em how to do the pricing.I know all this stuff...my wife has been there over 11 years.And when a computer comes through,..the worker gets it,..yes he does...and puts it on ebay.So there are corruption in every work place.
robert barnes

Cookeville, TN

#25 Dec 30, 2010
And one man was fired for picking up his own caot and going home,..and goodwill looked at the video from survalence camera and they decided he was shop lifting the coat (stealing it) and this man would never, never steal anything i have known him for 30 years.Just an excuse to hire a noob for lower wages.And my wife judy has BEGGED g w for a job for 10 years i've been married to her and they wont give her one and she continues to volunteer there.She use to work at nashville good will for David Lifsey and got paid what every one else was getting paid,and FULL TIME at that!Cookeville G W won't have anything to do with her though except they are getting FREE LABOR from her.
lol

Chester, SC

#26 Dec 30, 2010
WATCH OUT FOR THE BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!!
mstea

United States

#27 Dec 30, 2010
lol wrote:
WATCH OUT FOR THE BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!!
Omg I was just thinking the same thing.
Been There

Cookeville, TN

#28 Dec 30, 2010
I went in about 2 weeks ago to donate some things(Couch, Tables, 2 small tv's, a vcr, books, etc;), parked out back and walked through the door and the people up front told me to get out because it was 5 mins til closing time and they had closed the front doors already.. I asked to speak with a manager because technically they were still open for 5 minutes at least and they told me there was no manager that night, only a supervisor (who looked 20) and who told us to get out too and come back the next day. I told her I now had her name and was making a note of the time and would be contacting her district manager and they stopped me and told me they would accept the stuff but they weren't going to keep the doors open for me or help me unload it, just to dump it off next to the building on the side by the loading docks by myself, and since I had to have the Uhaul back on time, I had no choice but to unload it all myself on the side of the building, which was long enough for them to wait, watch me pull out and walk outside and look through it all for valuables while I was leaving.
goodwill crooks

Cookeville, TN

#29 Dec 30, 2010
Goodwill has been corrupt for years. If they want to get rid of a worker...they make up a bunch of ludicrous lies to fire you, no matter how low they have to stoop. Corporate does NOTHING about the Cookeville Goodwill while the big dogs sit on their asses and suck up paychecks and corporate keeps this same slime on their payroll for decades.
robert barnes

Cookeville, TN

#30 Dec 30, 2010
The workers have told me that if they do not meet a 20,000 dollar sale for each month,..that they all catch h*** in monthly meeting,...if G W makes the 20,000 sale for that month,...the manager gets a bonus.
Rocky

Faith, NC

#31 Dec 31, 2010
robert barnes wrote:
And one man was fired for picking up his own caot and going home,..and goodwill looked at the video from survalence camera and they decided he was shop lifting the coat (stealing it) and this man would never, never steal anything i have known him for 30 years.Just an excuse to hire a noob for lower wages.And my wife judy has BEGGED g w for a job for 10 years i've been married to her and they wont give her one and she continues to volunteer there.She use to work at nashville good will for David Lifsey and got paid what every one else was getting paid,and FULL TIME at that!Cookeville G W won't have anything to do with her though except they are getting FREE LABOR from her.
how is Bobby doing? I hear he is at walmart..

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#34 Dec 31, 2010
Damn Rip is what that place is.
My favorite thing is flea markets yard sales and junk stores and the only place near that high priced stinky hole is the Goodwill in Dunlap , TN.
Poor folks cant buy shit in that place.
please....donate to charities .
many radio stations have programs for things to buy and sell and give a away.
Lebanon has a Good Store , or they use too.
it sux

Cookeville, TN

#35 Dec 31, 2010
read that website link posted here about that jane lady. they moved her to work with disabled employment so she can't steal no more stuff. someone told me that she is still a bitchbeast and she got real fat from sittin on her ass more than ever doin nothin. dragon lady is still treatin people like scum.
grandma

Gainesboro, TN

#36 Jan 1, 2011
when you donate to goodwill they should be grateful,after all, doesn't the commercial say that when you donate you give them a job? I also know that not everyone who works there is disabled because I knew at least 2 of them.
edgeman

Lawndale, NC

#37 Jan 1, 2011
Rocky wrote:
<quoted text> how is Bobby doing? I hear he is at walmart..
yes...that is correct....bobby is working at algood wal-mart
edgeman

Lawndale, NC

#38 Jan 1, 2011
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
That's crazy! She does get paid right, she don't just volunteer does she!
no...she does not get paid....she comes in on her own free will...i have known the woman for several years and she is so sweet...wish they would offer her a job
Toby

Cookeville, TN

#40 Jan 1, 2011
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>
All the commercials talk about goodwill giving jobs, I would not volunteer to work there! I would go volunteer for AARF or the animal shelter or something that's better than that place!
I think Goodwill is a great place,it gives workers self-esteen and helps them to move up the ladder. This helps more retarted people than any other agency.
indeed

Sparta, TN

#42 Jan 1, 2011
Toby wrote:
<quoted text> I think Goodwill is a great place,it gives workers self-esteen and helps them to move up the ladder. This helps more retarted people than any other agency.
But, it is still not the best place to shop - to high!
robert barnes

Cookeville, TN

#43 Jan 13, 2011
I haven't seen Bobby in a few months and yes he is at wally world and if you know Bobby ,..then you know he isn't a thief,..but when i do see him i'll tell him u said hi.

“Assalamu Aleikum”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#44 Jan 13, 2011
ugh. the Goodwill at home is exactly the same way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
plumber 13 min kody 8
Junk & overgrown yards in Cookeville 31 min worried citizen 4
illegals get a new identity 2 hr surprised 4
DUI attorneys 6 hr Alcoholic 2
African-Americans, please act CIVIL 6 hr weallwantit 4
By the looks of it on here, the world is turnin... 7 hr change 3
.do gay men sniff other MEN's underwear? (Jul '11) 8 hr Huh 244
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE