rocky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Went to Goodwill today and they was selling used coats for over fifteen dollars!! That's a rip off!! There way over priced!! Where does all that money go? Its all gave to them!!
Golly

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

That's sure enough highway robbery! K-Mart & Dollar General are not that high. What's wrong with them people? Who run's that place? That stuff should be dirt cheap in there!
hmmm

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

I personally feel dirty when I leave that store. Its amazing what dirty stuff people will donate. I would rather give my stained up panties to a help center than goodwill who tries to sell it for double what its worth. I know you can find good deals, but you have to dig and search for it. Not worth it to me. Shop smart at other stores and you get the same if not better price.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

great place to get books if you're lucky enough to find something you're looking for
Golly

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Look at the Goodwill website & you will see that most of the good stuff never makes it out on the floor.
tally

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

And why would that be?
Red Devil

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

old fashioned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Judged:

I have taken donations to goodwill on a couple different occasions and the people who you leave your things with around the building have always been incredibly rude and unhelpful. I'm not saying i expect them to bow down and thank me for donating. or to be grateful at all for that matter. i'm just tired of encountering so many rude people in the course of one day. The last time i took things to donate i decided to not do it again. I had heard things got thrown away. I say donate to the churches. They give your items away for free to people who truly need them. Not teeny boppers looking for "vintage" stuff.
munk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Judged:

This is true!! They do throw stuff away I use to work there back in 02 .. And we would trash stuff all the time! Just so we could get out of there early.. We would throw it in the trash compactor and turn it on!! Good stuff too.. I was just doing what I was told to do.. Looking back I regret doing it..
Curly Sue

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

DarthBadger wrote:
great place to get books if you're lucky enough to find something you're looking for
So true. I found a textbook for $2.99 on half-off day, even. Sometimes the selection blows, but when it doesn't I find numerous books.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Judged:

They are well known for jacking up prices there. No Goodwills around are like that. You can find brand new clothes cheaper at Rugged Warehouse, K-Mart, and Wal-Mart. The woman that runs the place is all about bonuses and jacks the cost of everything up for a better shot at those bonuses.. You pay the price.

Donate your stuff to charity, instead of Cookeville Goodwill because she makes it priced so the needy can't afford it out of her own greed.
curious

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Judged:

Is there a church that takes donations and gives to the needy in cookeville? I would be more willing to do that. I would rather see my stuff going to a family for free than someone making a profit.
What about a coat drive? I haven't heard anything this year where I can take my kids old coats to?
old fashioned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

curious wrote:
Is there a church that takes donations and gives to the needy in cookeville? I would be more willing to do that. I would rather see my stuff going to a family for free than someone making a profit.
What about a coat drive? I haven't heard anything this year where I can take my kids old coats to?
Stevens Street has a care center on Short street where you can leave your unwanted items.
it's right across the street from the twin lakes building.
old fashioned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

I mean frontier. not twin lakes
curious

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

old fashioned wrote:
<quoted text>
Stevens Street has a care center on Short street where you can leave your unwanted items.
it's right across the street from the twin lakes building.
Thank you!
also

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Habitat for Humanity will take donations and they will often even come and pick them up.
I saw an ad for a coat drive the other day, but they wanted new coats. Maybe someplace like the Rescue Mission. The sheriff or police dept might also be a place to ask as I read that when they remove kids from meth homes that they are not allowed to take any toys or clothing out of the house because of the exposure.
shameful

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Judged:

I went to Goodwill to help a friend out with some winter clothes the other day, thinking that I would be able to get her a hole waredrobe for round $50.00. Pants were $7 to $10, Shoes $10 to $20, Shirts $5 to $10, Dress clothes $10 to $25, Jackets $20 to $50. I couldnt aford anything in there harley. It was cheaper for us to go to Wal-mart and Jc-Pennys and shop off their sale/clearance racks. Goodwill isnt helping the people who need help (they get everything free), they are only helping the CEO's and Presidents of the company by filling their pockets full of money.
Curly Sue

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

shameful wrote:
I went to Goodwill to help a friend out with some winter clothes the other day, thinking that I would be able to get her a hole waredrobe for round $50.00. Pants were $7 to $10, Shoes $10 to $20, Shirts $5 to $10, Dress clothes $10 to $25, Jackets $20 to $50. I couldnt aford anything in there harley. It was cheaper for us to go to Wal-mart and Jc-Pennys and shop off their sale/clearance racks. Goodwill isnt helping the people who need help (they get everything free), they are only helping the CEO's and Presidents of the company by filling their pockets full of money.
I'm totally with ya, but you've gotta beat the system by going on half off day (1st Saturday of every month) or the other days when certain colored tag clothing is $.99.

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Judged:

What a rip-off! Lots of stores have ads this week for new coats for $15-20. Alot of their stuff is over-prices. You can get better deals if you shop sales and clearance racks!
berry

Elmwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

I like to donate stuff to Heavenly Treasure on Willow.. They really appreciate the stuff you bring in and they don't jack the price up so you don't feel ripped off if you go their to shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
car wash ripoff. clean care $3. $55 for 1 carwash? 4 min Huge Adams 3
Homeless Man 6 min Huge Adams 8
Stephanie Potter 27 min sorry 4
Well hung Size matters 30 min ZZ Top 3
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 58 min TN Voter 140,499
Do you approve of Reginald R. Shanks as Commiss... 1 hr neighbor 28
Regulations help keep products at Farmer's Marketa 1 hr i am crushed 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cookeville People Search