First Prev
of 5
Next Last
LDS_Church

Cookeville, TN

#1 Sep 25, 2011
Is this church for real or do they really worship someone named Joe Smith who found extra commandments in the forest? Are they Christians?
Prof

Nashville, TN

#2 Sep 25, 2011
Go see for yourself: http://mormon.org/
daus

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 29, 2012
I know that they have a big church here and house many young missioniaries here.
sew

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jan 29, 2012
they r 4 real, u sound like a devil worishper;u creep
lawl

Crossville, TN

#5 Jan 29, 2012
Dont follow those nonbelievers!

Join the LSD Church!

Every sunday we take 2 tabs of LSD and bask in my wisdom!
LDS no way

Cookeville, TN

#6 Feb 6, 2012
LDS_Church wrote:
Is this church for real or do they really worship someone named Joe Smith who found extra commandments in the forest? Are they Christians?
Mormons are generally fine people, outwardly.

However, their religion teaches many damnable heresies. One of the worst is that one of many gods had physical sex with Mary to bring their false "Jesus" into the world, and that Lucifer (Satan) is his half-brother.

Mormonism teaches that men (not women, incidentally) can become gods if they go through the Mormon temple rituals and are good Mormoms. This is the same kind of lie that seduced Eve in the garden and is a satanic lie. There is only one true God and we will never become gods, sorry.

Get a book called "The God Makers" and you will learn all you need to know about that cult.

Good people, rotten, false theology.

Footnote: The well-dressed Mormon missionaries who come to your home are well trained on how to defend their religion, but often are not informed as to the deeper teachings of Mormonism. If you have the motivation to do it, there are many materials available that you can obtain to prove to them, from their leaders' own writings, that prophecies made by Mormons were false. Kinda like the Jehovah's Witnesses, who specialize in false prophecies also.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lawl

Cookeville, TN

#7 Feb 8, 2012
but couldnt that be said of all religions?

good people rotten false theology.

you say that thinking yours is the one

no matter what your religion is

yours is correct.

mine?

i focus on my life and what will make my experience, so short and important. the time in life that my brain can comprehend and i know i will experience and make it as enjoyable and meaningful as i can.

you guys have fun with your god wars
been there

Cookeville, TN

#8 Feb 9, 2012
I grew up going to LDS church. I am NOT religious anymore..That experience taught me plenty about brainwashing, false prophets, and the like. All Christian religions bash each other and most of all non christian religions, or beliefs. It's sad to see so many who judge others in this holy war. Although, I do believe its necessary for each of us to believe in some higher power, and our journey here is based upon our experiences, I can only believe that one day we will all see each other as a part of the same. But, I say mormons are no different than baptist, COC, JW's, etc...they all claim they have it right and everyone else is going to hell...well LDS doesn't "actually" believe in hell, rather the lower kingdom but same thing. I suggest people open their eyes!..do the research on EVERY belief system and you will find all has a 'jesus' or messiah that is suppose to return, ALL have the same sayings like "the golden rule", "the law of three", "karma"..it's really all the same. But, I will admit, I think Christians have it down when it comes to 'control of the common people' ;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LDS no way

Cookeville, TN

#9 Feb 9, 2012
OK, whoever clicked the "disagree," "clueless," and "spam" judgments on my post above -- would you care to tell me which assertion I made is wrong?

I don't think you will take me up on it. If you get very deep in Mormon theology you will find what I wrote is 100% true, and I can prove it from YOUR "CHURCH'S" OWN HISTORICAL WRITINGS.

And if you're mad because I called Mormonism a cult, it fits all the definitions. It's at odds with orthodox Christianity, led by a small group of people plus a "living Prophet" against whom Mormons MUST obey and never reject, and lastly, please ask anyone who has left the LDS organization how they were treated by those who were left behind. They're just like JW's -- they will shun you if you leave.

God bless all as we search for TRUTH... and it can be found in the Holy Bible.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LDS no way

Cookeville, TN

#10 Feb 11, 2012
LDS no way wrote:
OK, whoever clicked the "disagree," "clueless," and "spam" judgments on my post above -- would you care to tell me which assertion I made is wrong?
I don't think you will take me up on it. If you get very deep in Mormon theology you will find what I wrote is 100% true, and I can prove it from YOUR "CHURCH'S" OWN HISTORICAL WRITINGS.
And if you're mad because I called Mormonism a cult, it fits all the definitions. It's at odds with orthodox Christianity, led by a small group of people plus a "living Prophet" against whom Mormons MUST obey and never reject, and lastly, please ask anyone who has left the LDS organization how they were treated by those who were left behind. They're just like JW's -- they will shun you if you leave.
God bless all as we search for TRUTH... and it can be found in the Holy Bible.
Looks like a bunch of you got together to "disagree" my posts. LOL.

"Judge" them all you want, but I am still waiting for you to challenge even one of my assertions about your religion.

Careful now -- choose cautiously. I have copies of Doctrine and Covenants and some other old Mormon writings, and can substantiate what I posted.

Your founder, Joseph Smith, had a bunch of wives, was jailed several times for ripping people off, and actually died in jail. He had a "seer stone" that he used to defraud people until he was thrown in jail for it.

Do you LDS'ers actually believe he found a set of golden plates with the Book of Mormon text engraved on it? It was supposedly written centuries before the KJV bible (1611), but actually plagiarized some of the italicized words from the KJV.

Your "church" excluded blacks for decades before it became politically expedient to stop practicing that racist policy, and, shazam! your "prophet" leader had a (supposed) revelation from God that they weren't burned black by God after all for their sin, and ought to be included in the LDS numbers.

Like I said, I have nothing against the Mormon people, of whom several I would say are friends, but your theology is satanic and despicable.

Might as well call a spade a spade and quit sugarcoating the truth.
LDS no way

Cookeville, TN

#11 Feb 11, 2012
And while I'm thinking about it, perhaps one of you "judgers" of my posts can explain how your secret Temple rituals celebrate the FALL OF MAN IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN AS A GOOD THING? I can't wait to see your answer for that one. Oops, probably won't see one, as there is NO EXCUSE you can make up to justify such a blasphemous outrage.

Your theology teaches that men can become gods. Don't you realize that is the same exact lie of satan that he used on Eve in the garden?

"Oh, but some of the best people I know are Mormons." May be true, but the theology is satanic. They need to repent of following that false religion and believe in the real Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible. He is the one and only true God who was born of a virgin (not impregnated through physical sex with Elohim, as Mormonism teaches), and is not one of many Christs as you teach, and certainly is NOT a half-brother of lucifer (satan).

Repent and believe and you will be truly saved! Mormonism damns misguided, deceived people to eternal separation from God. Please research this yourselves!
Believer

Cookeville, TN

#12 Feb 11, 2012
LDS no way wrote:
And while I'm thinking about it, perhaps one of you "judgers" of my posts can explain how your secret Temple rituals celebrate the FALL OF MAN IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN AS A GOOD THING? I can't wait to see your answer for that one. Oops, probably won't see one, as there is NO EXCUSE you can make up to justify such a blasphemous outrage.
Your theology teaches that men can become gods. Don't you realize that is the same exact lie of satan that he used on Eve in the garden?
"Oh, but some of the best people I know are Mormons." May be true, but the theology is satanic. They need to repent of following that false religion and believe in the real Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible. He is the one and only true God who was born of a virgin (not impregnated through physical sex with Elohim, as Mormonism teaches), and is not one of many Christs as you teach, and certainly is NOT a half-brother of lucifer (satan).
Repent and believe and you will be truly saved! Mormonism damns misguided, deceived people to eternal separation from God. Please research this yourselves!
I see the Mormons are at it still with the negative feedback on your posts.

You are right on, brother, but you didn't mention one of the most hilarious things they do -- their magic underwear. I think Mitt Romney wears his magic underwear since he has been through the temple rituals. Same with Orrin Hatch, senator from Utah.

I go to a Baptist church here in Cookeville, and occasionally their visiting missionaries will come by to check us out. I always pray they will respond to the biblical gospel and that they will get saved.

Could some LDS member on here who's been through the temple ceremonies tell us how you keep that undergarment clean? I change my underwear daily.

Also please explain why you will never see a cross anywhere on a Mormon building.
URWRONG

Cookeville, TN

#13 Feb 11, 2012
LDS no way wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judge" them all you want, but I am still waiting for you to challenge even one of my assertions about your religion.
Careful now -- choose cautiously. I have copies of Doctrine and Covenants and some other old Mormon writings, and can substantiate what I posted.
Your founder, Joseph Smith, had a bunch of wives, was jailed several times for ripping people off, and actually died in jail. He had a "seer stone" that he used to defraud people until he was thrown in jail for it.
Do you LDS'ers actually believe he found a set of golden plates with the Book of Mormon text engraved on it? It was supposedly written centuries before the KJV bible (1611), but actually plagiarized some of the italicized words from the KJV.
Your "church" excluded blacks for decades before it became politically expedient to stop practicing that racist policy, and, shazam! your "prophet" leader had a (supposed) revelation from God that they weren't burned black by God after all for their sin, and ought to be included in the LDS numbers.
Like I said, I have nothing against the Mormon people, of whom several I would say are friends, but your theology is satanic and despicable.
Aww, you've got your Doctrine and Covenenants. Good for you. What you fail to do is put them in CONTEXT, especially with the entirety of the religion itself. Yes, Mormons believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet who found a second testament on some golden plates and went forward from there, good job on that. Yes, according to the Book of Mormon black people were considered loathesome and to be avoided if possible for a very long time until that issue was re-examined. Guess what regular, NON-LDS Christianity taught about black people during that time-frame? No idea? Here, let me tell you. They taught that they were sub-human altogether and, due to the fact that Ham made the unforgiveable mistake of awakening his drunken, naked father for supper one time that their decendants were to be eternally enslaved. How wonderful, especially in comparison to the BoM that merely said to avoid them (and, by the way, the Doctrine and Covenenants was considered an ADDENDUM to the BoM like, oh, Martin Luther's trendy new Bible was to the original Catholic Church.) I don't care if you're Mormon, former Mormon, snake-handler, whatever, do a side-by-side comparison contextually if you're going to talk religion, or don't do one at all. Otherwise, you look like a jackass. Jackass. You're post makes Mormons look like they evolved in 50 years a humanizing doctrine for humanity in the amount of time that it took multiple denominational splits and 2000 years of developement for "mainstream" Christianity to. Epic fail, Mr. no-perspective. But that's understandable. You won't even understand the post, much less Christianity to start with.
URWRONG

Cookeville, TN

#14 Feb 11, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the Mormons are at it still with the negative feedback on your posts.
You are right on, brother, but you didn't mention one of the most hilarious things they do -- their magic underwear. I think Mitt Romney wears his magic underwear since he has been through the temple rituals. Same with Orrin Hatch, senator from Utah.
I go to a Baptist church here in Cookeville, and occasionally their visiting missionaries will come by to check us out. I always pray they will respond to the biblical gospel and that they will get saved.
Could some LDS member on here who's been through the temple ceremonies tell us how you keep that undergarment clean? I change my underwear daily.
Also please explain why you will never see a cross anywhere on a Mormon building.
I've seen "Christians" who have such strong "faith" that they even, in some circumstances, go the extreme of marking their bodies with a thing called a "tattoo" in the form of a Christian Cross. What a lovely thing to do to the unmarred gift God gave you otherwise unblemished. If the nitwit you're talking to actually knows his Doctrine and Covenenants he could explain to you exactly the significance of the undergarment (and how to clean it, for that matter, which is largely common-sense, not that I expect him to have any) and it's startlingly routine care by comparison to, say, a Crucifix necklace or set of Rosary Beads someone might wear. You fail, too, no wonder you two folks like each other (or are the same poster, most likely.)
URWRONG

Cookeville, TN

#15 Feb 11, 2012
LDS no way wrote:
Because you wouldn't be here otherwise? Maybe they are just happy for some reason that you are alive. You certainly wouldn't be had Eve not eaten the apple. Nor would there have been a Seth, an Abel, a Cain, a Noah, a Moses, reasonably speaking, probably not a Jesus, either (no reason for Him.) I don't know why you'ld call the Word of God a blasphemy, but that's you're perogative. The serpent in the garden (you can give him whatever name you want, but in your BIBLE, should you ever bother to READ it) at no point-in-time whatsoever is the temptor of Eve referred to as "Satan" (or Lucifer, or the Devil, or even an Angel of Light) is referred to as "Satan" (or any variation thereof. Don't take my word for it, read Genesis yourself.) And NEITHER does he promise that she will become God by eating of the tree of knowledge, he only promises that she will become "like God" (which she does, becoming aware immediately thereafter of the knowledge between good and evil and finding herself suddenly ashamed of her nakedness.) There were TWO trees forbidden to be eaten from, heathen, NOT one. Her sin caused us to be cast out BEFORE we could eat of the second, and THEN become, again, NOT "God" according to Genesis, but "like Us." I don't know what your problem with Mormons might be, but you're fundamental lack-of-familiarity with even the most basic tenents of Genesis makes your condemnation of Mormonism as a "cult" laughable at best. You haven't even READ Genesis, but you feel qualified to not only speak on it, but point out what other Churches then your's may teach about it? Live your life in ignorance. Hopefully, if you are indeed a Christian (which is not a title that is as cut-and-dry as you assume,) then Jesus will have a very long talk with you come your judgement day and point out some mis-conceptions you had (and maybe tell you where you should have looked here and there for some answers along your corporeal journey.)
URWRONG

Cookeville, TN

#16 Feb 11, 2012
LDS no way wrote:
<quoted text>
I also gave you some positive feedback with the "judge it" icons, since that seems to be important for you. I want you to feel like you are doing well. I hate for people to die feeling disappointed (Fezzik.)
SoBe

Nashville, TN

#17 Feb 12, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if Jesus had been killed by stoning, you'd worship in front of a big rock? Or if He'd been killed by hanging, you'd have a big rope in your worship services? Thank goodness they didn't have gunpowder or else who knows what you'd have to use in your church or what you'd wear around your neck.
LDS no way

Cookeville, TN

#18 Feb 14, 2012
URWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, you've got your Doctrine and Covenenants. Good for you. What you fail to do is put them in CONTEXT, especially with the entirety of the religion itself. Yes, Mormons believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet who found a second testament on some golden plates and went forward from there, good job on that. Yes, according to the Book of Mormon black people were considered loathesome and to be avoided if possible for a very long time until that issue was re-examined. Guess what regular, NON-LDS Christianity taught about black people during that time-frame? No idea? Here, let me tell you. They taught that they were sub-human altogether and, due to the fact that Ham made the unforgiveable mistake of awakening his drunken, naked father for supper one time that their decendants were to be eternally enslaved. How wonderful, especially in comparison to the BoM that merely said to avoid them (and, by the way, the Doctrine and Covenenants was considered an ADDENDUM to the BoM like, oh, Martin Luther's trendy new Bible was to the original Catholic Church.) I don't care if you're Mormon, former Mormon, snake-handler, whatever, do a side-by-side comparison contextually if you're going to talk religion, or don't do one at all. Otherwise, you look like a jackass. Jackass. You're post makes Mormons look like they evolved in 50 years a humanizing doctrine for humanity in the amount of time that it took multiple denominational splits and 2000 years of developement for "mainstream" Christianity to. Epic fail, Mr. no-perspective. But that's understandable. You won't even understand the post, much less Christianity to start with.
Thanks for your reply, URWRONG -- at least someone has the bravery to do so.

Time does not permit me to respond to everything, but here goes.

Christianity is built upon the foundation of the real Lord Jesus Christ and God's Word, the Bible, not any extraneous other writings. Mormonism stands or falls on the validity of the claims and prophesies of one common criminal, Joseph Smith, a man who was well-known for pulling the wool over people's eyes for years before he found those supposed golden plates with the plagiarized KJV quotes on them.(Hmm, wonder why you didn't address THAT pesky little detail?)

Christianity is founded by, and we follow today, God Himself who became a man, born of a virgin, and dwelled among us to show us the way. He lived a sinless life, never hoo-dooing anyone with a seer stone.

Let's get something straight -- not everyone who calls himself a Christian really is one. In the biblical sense, a Christian is one who's been born again, i.e., a spiritual rebirth, as Jesus taught. He will look to the scriptures for truth, not common gossip or conjecture.

I've never heard of the teaching you refer to, but it is nowhere found in the Bible and if some Christians passed it around, then that was a damnable sin. The same could be said for southern churches that used to exclude blacks. That was done because of the pervasive racism of the day (and such racism was found up north, as well), but it had nothing to do with biblical teachings. Your travesty came straight from the imaginings of your false prophet, Smith.

I'm running out of available characters. To be continued.
LDS no way

Cookeville, TN

#19 Feb 14, 2012
URWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you wouldn't be here otherwise? Maybe they are just happy for some reason that you are alive. You certainly wouldn't be had Eve not eaten the apple.(snip)
Yes, I have read Genesis, you're mistaken. I've never heard anyone try to claim that the serpent in Eden was anyone other than lucifer/satan, or a creature possessed by him. The prophecy in Gen 3 about Christ bruising his head (ultimately triumphing over him, which we read about in Revelation) is clearly referring to satan.(The lower case is deliberate.)

I've never seen anyone try to claim that we wouldn't be here were it not for the fall of man, and thus it was a good thing. Dude! If man had never sinned, which was God's desire, since He never desires evil (or do we need to argue about that, too?), the world would have been populated with perfect people in a perfect environment and there would never be any sorrow, pain, death, false religion, or sin of any kind. It would have been wonderful, and it is tragic that the very fountainhead of the human race screwed things up for all to follow. That your religion would celebrate this is absolutely satanic!

There's no basis to say that the people you mention, and we ourselves, would never have existed in such a perfect world. We just wouldn't act like we do, right? And you're correct about one thing. If man had never sinned, Jesus would not have needed to die a horrendously horrible death on that brutal cross to pay for our sin. And that would be good too. We would live with Him in perfect harmony, just as 2/3 of the angels do now.

I will admit that the promise to Eve was that she would be "like God, knowing good and evil." I should have worded my post better. But the basic temptation to Eve was that of trying to be like God, which was lucifer's original sin ("I will make myself like the Most High."). So excuse the slight technical miswording.

As to tattoos, I think they are gross, but whatever, it's not something I care about. If someone wishes to wear a cross to identify himself as a Christian, that's OK with me. None of that is of any importance. I just asked why you will never see a Mormon building displaying a cross. The Bible says the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

The bottom line is your religion teaches some extremely odious and blasphemous lies. Such as Elohim having physical sex with Mary to create a body for your false "Jesus." The New Testament is full of references to His virgin birth, an extremely important truth of the Christian faith. Not surprising that a religious system founded by satan would attack this essential doctrine.

Remember, the biblical description of a Christian is a person who has repented of his sins and believed in Jesus Christ, accepting His free gift of His shed blood at the cross as full payment for his sin, and as a result of this salvation experience, is given the Holy Spirit who indwells the believer. Now some Christians live very virtuous lives after being saved, and some fall way short. But the point is they have a new nature, imparted by a miraculous work of God when they repented and believed in Christ. It is not a result of good works (giving to the church, baptism, following the teachings of the Bible, etc.). It is 100 percent a work of God's grace, through our faith, which itself is a gift of God, so we have nothing to boast about (Eph 2). The fact that some "Christians," genuine or more likely phony, such as the crusaders, have done loathsome things, changes nothing.

That's my prayer for your people, that they will leave the false religion of Mormonism and come to the cross of the true Jesus Christ of the Bible.

I could go on and on, but time does not permit. Can I at least get you to admit that your founder had a bunch of wives and was a criminal who died in jail?

Simple as that. God bless you.
LDS no way

Cookeville, TN

#20 Feb 14, 2012
SoBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if Jesus had been killed by stoning, you'd worship in front of a big rock? Or if He'd been killed by hanging, you'd have a big rope in your worship services? Thank goodness they didn't have gunpowder or else who knows what you'd have to use in your church or what you'd wear around your neck.
SoBe, Jesus could not have given His life to save us by stoning or hanging.

The Old Testament system of animal sacrifices, which involved pouring the innocent animal's blood over the altar, was designed to point forward to the future true Lamb of God, Jesus Christ, who shed His sinless blood to pay for our sin. Thus bleeding to death was essential for His work on the cross to be effectual.

God said in His Word that apart from the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin. Since God cannot and does not lie, the only way to "overlook" our sin without making us pay the penalty for it was to provide a sacrifice, which was done by His Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross.

I don't wear anything around my neck. Our santuary does have a cross hanging in it, only as a reminder of what Christ has done for us! There's no magical or superstitious reason to wear a cross, and we certainly do not worship it.

Did that help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smoke and Mirrors 31 min LessFalluja 19
Algood Girl Scouts and dumb parents! (Feb '11) 2 hr cookie lover 54
Is the county fire chief running for county com... (Jan '10) 3 hr jealous 91
Bobby Dishman cheating on his wife Marie 3 hr Yea 7
Love shack on broad st 4 hr Curious 1
.do gay men sniff other MEN's underwear? (Jul '11) 4 hr In to wet pants 241
at what age can kids go bowling, to the movies,... 5 hr The_Box 6
Cookeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?