How is the food at Gondola's?

How is the food at Gondola's?

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

Just curious

Shelbyville, TN

#1 Dec 29, 2009
I saw in the herald citizen they are back under the original management from when they opened 40 yrs. ago...how is the food now? I haven't been in years and was just curious, especially since they are putting coupons out in the local papers.
loveit

Martin, TN

#2 Dec 29, 2009
I love it!!!! Beware , some people will answer who haven't even ate there.
AFD

Buffalo Valley, TN

#3 Dec 29, 2009
its GREAT
tammie

Maryville, TN

#4 Dec 29, 2009
its the same good food
yum

United States

#5 Dec 30, 2009
Great food! Love it.
Skipper

Cookeville, TN

#6 Dec 30, 2009
Harry is back and the food is awesome- real homemade stuff.
Gyros for everyone

United States

#7 Dec 30, 2009
Just ate there last week - it was great! Good portions, my gyro was about 6 bucks and came with fries - I left full and satisfied!
Greek Lover

United States

#8 Jan 1, 2010
The food is excellent! I have eaten there several times since they re-opened! I love the gyros and pizza is great as well!
sweetiepiebaby

Cookeville, TN

#9 Feb 24, 2010
The food is great, but the owner is a real prick! He has the nerve to yell at the waitresses in front of their customers! I watched him make a girl cry one night for something that was beyond her control!
Just Me

Cookeville, TN

#10 Feb 26, 2010
I have always been a HUGE fan of Gondolas. I am a big pizza fan and I have to say they have the best pizza in the Cookeville area. I would suggest only ordering the cheese though, the meats and veggies seem to take away from the awesome taste of the the goat cheese,crust, and sauce.
WHO

Buffalo Valley, TN

#11 Feb 26, 2010
The food is great!!!!!!!!!!
justwondering

Cookeville, TN

#12 Feb 26, 2010
What happened to the one's who were running it?
MeMeMe

Cookeville, TN

#13 Feb 26, 2010
Don't know. I hope they are gone. I ate there once and it definitely was not Gondola's. Nothing tasted the same. Overpriced and yucky. Hope it does better now because I used to love Gondola's Pizza.
Mookie

Columbus, NC

#14 May 10, 2012
MeMeMe wrote:
Don't know. I hope they are gone. I ate there once and it definitely was not Gondola's. Nothing tasted the same. Overpriced and yucky. Hope it does better now because I used to love Gondola's Pizza.
. If u liked the gondola of old--go to Yannies in Sparta. I think it is even better. Ask for it to be cut in squares, they will know you are an oldie. Yannies rates a 10+ with me.
Gondolarama

Clarksville, TN

#15 May 12, 2012
The pizza sauce is nasty.

Get a hot Italian sandwich with fries. It's really good.
lyndalou

Cookeville, TN

#16 Dec 27, 2013
sweetiepiebaby wrote:
The food is great, but the owner is a real prick! He has the nerve to yell at the waitresses in front of their customers! I watched him make a girl cry one night for something that was beyond her control!

We have heard this is still happening

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
detective for Infidelity 43 min Goferit 3
What drugs do probation officers test for? (Aug '12) 2 hr MarriedBabe84 170
Anyone know the details of the Ben ford child r... 3 hr Blown away 23
R&B Consignment Shop 4 hr Born TN 18
shine Pando? aka Sheena pando 7 hr caleb 20
newborn drug testing and DHS information (Aug '13) 13 hr user 54
Relocation of African American Cemetery 15 hr lawless 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages