You Dont Work, You Dont Eat!!!!
beggar

Cookeville, TN

#21 May 23, 2013
welfare jane wrote:
get to work you people i need some fresh steaks, and chips and cookies.
Your kids must be proud POS jane.
SickAndTired

Monroe, NC

#22 May 23, 2013
I'm refering to the foodstamp card that's gonna be up the azz of the next person I see that is taking advantage of my tax dollars and laughing all the way to their nice new car sitting out in the parking lot. How are they not "living better" when it takes all the money I earn from my JOB to pay my bills, the Money deducted from my check for my insurance (all of which they also get for free) then they have the nerve to beg the ones that WORK to buy their groceries for them. Look in their Freaking buggy!!!!! Who needs 5 packs each of steak and ground round for the neighborhood cookout if you've begged for HELP in the first place? Go to Save a lot this wknd. For Memorial Day, You will see what the hell I'm talking about!!!! They are eating like a bunch of hogs. My family probably won't be cooking out, hell I can't afford charcoal, maybe one if them can loan me some... While we have to drag our azz out of the bed for WORK this morning they are just now going to bed. They've been up partying all night. If they can afford to party why can't they buy their own food? They get everything free, free, free and they are teaching their kids to not work and just live off the government. Makes me Sick.!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#23 May 23, 2013
Obama, the food stamp president. He added over 11,000 per day during his first term onto the government dole. Hope and change my azz.
Junior

Cookeville, TN

#24 May 23, 2013
Alea iacta est wrote:
Obama, the food stamp president. He added over 11,000 per day during his first term onto the government dole. Hope and change my azz.
After Bush crashed the economy? Yes!
Mater

Cookeville, TN

#25 May 23, 2013
Alea iacta est wrote:
Only an idiot would blame Obama for food stamps in Obama's first year. What a hack!
Tom

Cookeville, TN

#26 May 23, 2013
Alea iacta est wrote:
GOP crashes economy! GOP keeps driving down wages! But Obama is to blame. Money for Wall Street? No problem! More wingnut bs from the grand poobah of wingnut bs!
nunya

Cookeville, TN

#27 May 23, 2013
It's funny how you can tell all about a person because they have a card. Most people do work that get them. Some people abuse the system. That is a fact. But it doesn't mean that everyone who gets assistance takes advantage. How can you tell what kind of card a person is paying with anyway? Why so nosey? I don't usually pay enough attention to the person in line in front of me to say what color their shirt is five minutes after they are gone. Let alone stare at their method of payment. Strange
heres your number

United States

#28 May 23, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate. What "card" do you refer to? You mean the deaf people who solicite on occassion? Cause I think they deserve food-stamps., mostly, or at least the ability to panhandle in public places. Did you mean the card the deaf people give you when the petition for donations when you dine out or go shopping in Nashville? That sort of thing? Cause I got a hard time sympathizing, there, bro. I also do not believe that your average food-stamp recipient "lives better" then you or I, but I have never studied the issue in-depth as you have. When I was a child, long, long ago, my parents were on food-stamps, and MY main staple was Popeye Spinich in the can and Salmon Patties, sorry, no steak (not even skirt steak or cube.) I would appreciate more information on this matter, I would like to know what you are posting about in the first place before I offer an opinion.
The card is EBT. They use it like a debit card. Welfare has changed since you were little. Did you get free food at McDonald's and Papa Johns with your foodstamps because now you can. Chances are your parents weren't able to trade their stamps for cigarettes, beer and done, but now you can.

Location hidden

#29 May 23, 2013
Experts agree that one of the major causes of the economic/bank melt down was the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act. This was signed by Clinton to make it easier for minority/less qualified applicants to get a mortgage. For those of you that just blame Bush or the GOP for the economic mess, you're the perfect example of the uninformed voter that we hear so much of.
nunya

Cookeville, TN

#30 May 23, 2013
heres your number wrote:
<quoted text>The card is EBT. They use it like a debit card. Welfare has changed since you were little. Did you get free food at McDonald's and Papa Johns with your foodstamps because now you can. Chances are your parents weren't able to trade their stamps for cigarettes, beer and done, but now you can.
That simply is not true. You CANNOT get fast food with ebt. You can't get warm food from a grocery store deli. Someone started that rumor and people just ran with it. Call your local DHS office and ask. Inform yourself so you understand what you are against. Some of these things people are complaining about is total craziness
SickAndTired

Mauldin, SC

#31 May 23, 2013
I pay attention because I can! I know who is fixing to pay with a fs card because most normal people do not get 20 packs of meat and 4 cases of mountain dews!!!! How do you know most people work that get them? I know most of the people I see using them are abusing the system and my tax dollars, and DO NOT work. And you can too buy most anything if you go to the right place!!! A store or fast food place can ring an item up under whatever they want too. DHS isn't going to know what was purchased and a store sure isn't going to call in and tell them. I pay attention to what kind of car they get in too and watch them walk next food to save a lot for cigerattes and lottery tickets too. Have you ever saw someone spend $200.00 in stamps then turn around and pay cash for a couple cases of beer and a carton of cigerattes? I have!!!! They even get the ice for their beer on foodstamps! Gotta keep that beer cold! Maybe you should.pay attention. When your picking and choosing what you can afford this wk. for your family to eat and the person in front of you waving their fs card has everything you wish you could have, it kinda makes you sick. I have no problem with someone that works that may need a little extra help or an older person or a (really) disabled person getting them. Laziness is not a disability.
SickAndTired

Mauldin, SC

#32 May 23, 2013
And the cards have a big American Flag on them and say BENEFIT SECURITY CARD in big huge letters. They aren't hard to spot!!
Tom

Cookeville, TN

#33 May 23, 2013
Alea iacta est wrote:
Experts agree that one of the major causes of the economic/bank melt down was the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act. This was signed by Clinton to make it easier for minority/less qualified applicants to get a mortgage. For those of you that just blame Bush or the GOP for the economic mess, you're the perfect example of the uninformed voter that we hear so much of.
Is there an encyclopedia for idiots that you use to come up with bs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm –Leach–Bliley_Act

Three republicans!!! The bill was named after the three REPUBLICANS that introduced it. You are the most disingenuous wingnut I have ever run across. Please stop. My fingers are sore from typing responses to your idiocy.

Location hidden

#34 May 23, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there an encyclopedia for idiots that you use to come up with bs?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm –Leach–Bliley_Act
Three republicans!!! The bill was named after the three REPUBLICANS that introduced it. You are the most disingenuous wingnut I have ever run across. Please stop. My fingers are sore from typing responses to your idiocy.

Try This
Why would banks make such risky loans? The answer is that the Clinton administration pressured the banks to help poor people become homeowners, a noble liberal idea. Also the Clinton Justice Department threatened banks with lawsuits and fines ($10,000 per application) for redlining (discrimination) if they did not make these loans. Also ACORN (Obama’s community service organization) was instrumental in providing borrowers and pressuring the banks to make these loans.

http://www.aim.org/guest-column/the-cause-of-...

Jack-Ass........
Tom

Cookeville, TN

#35 May 23, 2013
Alea iacta est wrote:
<quoted text>
Try This
Why would banks make such risky loans? The answer is that the Clinton administration pressured the banks to help poor people become homeowners, a noble liberal idea. Also the Clinton Justice Department threatened banks with lawsuits and fines ($10,000 per application) for redlining (discrimination) if they did not make these loans. Also ACORN (Obama’s community service organization) was instrumental in providing borrowers and pressuring the banks to make these loans.
http://www.aim.org/guest-column/the-cause-of-...
Jack-Ass........
Blah Blah Blah! Acorn and Clinton? So you are saying that the Clinton justice dept would fine lenders if they didn't loan money to borrowers who had no means to pay the loans back. Or did the lenders loan the money for expensive houses with balooning interest rates (rather than affordable houses with fixed rates) that they knew wouldn't get repaid, but had a big giant commission. They got their money with no regard to repayment. That's what happened. Acorn??? What a moron!
holly

United States

#36 May 23, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
That simply is not true. You CANNOT get fast food with ebt. You can't get warm food from a grocery store deli. Someone started that rumor and people just ran with it. Call your local DHS office and ask. Inform yourself so you understand what you are against. Some of these things people are complaining about is total craziness
FYI:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_McDonald 's_accept_food_stamps#page1

I do know of gas stations which accept them, Sunoco being one of them. I have witnessed people buying junk food at the convenient stores. have also seen a person purchase pizzas at Murphy's. I think it has something to do with the fact you take it home and bake it yourself. Just saying what I personally have witnessed.
SickAndTired

Bear Creek, NC

#37 May 23, 2013
Papa Murphys is all about foodstamps, the resturant that used to be next to bread box, Pano's was, There was a bbq place in Algood that sold already made smoked ribs by the slab and shredded pork, but they are no longer there. All Deli meat at the Deli's, Expensive cheeses, cheese balls, party trays, fresh dips, fancy salads, you get the picture. Bakerys such as Walmart, Krogers, etc. will let you buy $30.00 birthday cakes. Valentine candy, Easter Baskets, Party trays, all the things most people couldn't afford to buy, they have no problem buying. They are so busy sleeping and partying they don't have time to cut their own meat and cheeses or to fix their hot wings and pizza for the super bowl party.Most gas stations now except fs for their deli sandwiches, junk food and such, and its basically up to the employees what they can and can not buy because like I said, its up to them to put it in the register the correct way. How do I know all of this? Because I look, listen, and ask questions. I want to know what I'm talking about before I say it. It must be real nice for the lazy to eat so good, while I'm wondering Wth I'm going to make tonight.
oh really

United States

#38 May 23, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so calling DHS is going to tell me what anything? It's the places who accept EBT and believe me there is no huge watch dog governing what is bought. You cam get anything at gas stations. It's totally crazy for you to think it doesn't happen.
So sad

Livingston, TN

#39 May 23, 2013
Its really sad how some of you are behaving. What about the mother, whose husband left her for another woman, and is working her ass off to support her children, but after bills, childcare, and gas back n forth to work, she has NO money left over to feed her children, and the father quits every fucking job just to keep from paying any child support??

Yeah let the kids starve huh? Pathetic if you ask me. And for the ones who have a decent car. maybe they had it, and had it PAID OFF before shit went bad. Well sell the car, and carry kids to dr appointments from miles in the country, and walk to work?

Get off your high horse!

Yes some do abuse the system, but most dont!
beggar

Cookeville, TN

#40 May 23, 2013
nunya wrote:
It's funny how you can tell all about a person because they have a card. Most people do work that get them. Some people abuse the system. That is a fact. But it doesn't mean that everyone who gets assistance takes advantage. How can you tell what kind of card a person is paying with anyway? Why so nosey? I don't usually pay enough attention to the person in line in front of me to say what color their shirt is five minutes after they are gone. Let alone stare at their method of payment. Strange
Your a perfect example why people get robbed and used. open your eyes around you and WAKE THE F UP. Sorry azz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autism caused by shots? 4 hr observer 4
Strange guy who doesn't wear shoes 5 hr observer 23
calfornia earthquake 5 hr Chris Rogers 2
who is john mcclennon 5 hr Chris Rogers 2
TN Shot Doc 6 hr Dingo 9
Michael and Angie henry 7 hr tennessee 8
Church Buildings for Lease?? (Feb '13) 8 hr caretowin 26
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE