Man beaten, robbed, dumped on street

There are 36 comments on the Herald-Citizen story from Feb 1, 2013, titled Man beaten, robbed, dumped on street. In it, Herald-Citizen reports that:

A Cookeville man was beaten, robbed, and dumped out of a vehicle on a city street last night, and police later arrested four people in connection with the case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Citizen.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
antics

Chattanooga, TN

#22 Feb 2, 2013
the only reason you idiotic people are even remotely calling nuts is because u know im right. not to mention, some of you are probably part of the sparta chaos. so stop attacking others and GET A FUCKING GRIP........there is no hope for you people. and it doesnt matter [which one im "kin" to nosey,thas not for any of you to worry about. Dont you idiotic people have anything else better to do. Sparta=Worthless,Hopeless.

(sigh) i feel for all of you on this forum.
antics

Chattanooga, TN

#24 Feb 2, 2013
iseealso wrote:
Thats the way to take up for your kin folk ANTICS. HAND TOUGH
lol pathetic.
Rubin

Manchester, TN

#25 Feb 2, 2013
antics wrote:
the only reason you idiotic people are even remotely calling nuts is because u know im right. not to mention, some of you are probably part of the sparta chaos. so stop attacking others and GET A FUCKING GRIP........there is no hope for you people. and it doesnt matter [which one im "kin" to nosey,thas not for any of you to worry about. Dont you idiotic people have anything else better to do. Sparta=Worthless,Hopeless.
(sigh) i feel for all of you on this forum.
Have you called the Harold Citizen to tell them to mind their own business.Perhaps you need to contact the Cookeville police also.
I guess if you lived next to the ax murderer you'd like to be left in the dark?
Deal with it buster.
We didn't break the law.
sad

Manchester, TN

#26 Feb 2, 2013
Rubin as much as I agree with you, you can't teach people like them nothing. They strive to stand up for and protect the scum of society. They're the type that supports the drug dealers and murderers and blame the police and good people for everything. It's a mental condition they have that probably goes back to their childhood.
antics

Chattanooga, TN

#27 Feb 2, 2013
at the end of the day all of you dont matter. so keep talking shit all you want, cause i sure wont loose sleep over ignorant people. I actually have a life sorry all of you dont. Good night.
Uncle Krumplebird

Lexington, TN

#28 Feb 2, 2013
Please tell me, someone, if you have such capacity for abstract thought, why two people were charged with stealing marijuana but two people were not? Hang the thieves and thugs and hang the hell out of the white Sparta chick that wants to associate them, by all means, but is ANYBODY paying attention here? Did anybody bother to read the story? How can you be charged with stealing a backpack, marijuana,$80, and a cell-phone in the first place? There was 5 people involved in this case, as it reads as written... 1 victim, who was beaten the hell out of and stolen from. According to the write-up, TWO of the people who beat and stole from him or her out of the remaining four stole money, a call-phone, marijuana, and a back-pack. The other two, apparently, stole a back-pack cell-phone, and money. Yet all FOUR somehow get charged with posession of marijuana divvied up for re-sale, and all four are are charged with stealing the back-pack, cell-phone, and money ($80.00.) I was initially sympathetic to the victim here, and I mostly still am (I chalk these discrepencies up to bad reporting or the police trying to maintain a case) but it get's weird if you just read about, especially when these articles come directly from police reports. You morons trying to talk about guns and killing people who might threaten you or even beat you up are missing the point. You people who want to bash Sparta trash just cause you can and there's opportunity are completely missing the point. Who stole from whom? Who got beat? was this some sort of "mugging," one of the very few but far from the first that I remember around here (and I'm an old-timer in this area.) What did he have on him, what was he up to? Stolen marijuana, a cell-phone, and cash would have explained Juicey Locke back in the day. And you jack-asses wanting to scream about how you would just have pulled out your CCW and just killed somebody, whatevs. You are the biggest idiots of all. You ain't a lick of attention to this story, do that in the wrong place and it doesn't matter if you get out of that particular circumstance you find yourself in momentarily, you won't make it off that STREET alive, much less out of that neighborhood. This is Cookeville. This ain't L.A., this ain't Chicage, this ain't some New York City shit-hole and we don't hate and despise our neighbors for no other reason then because we can. Calm down, people. Let's find out what went on here, first. THEN let's evaluate. 4 people got arrested, one man was victimized by four people. The four were arrested, the victim is alive to testify. Take some pride in your community. This ain't Juarez, Mexico!
lmao

Manchester, TN

#29 Feb 2, 2013
for someone that "has a life" you sure do get tore up when someone demands justice be served when criminals break the law. And for someone to call people ignorant, it's lose sleep, not loose.
Henry

Manchester, TN

#30 Feb 2, 2013
Uncle Krumplebird, just how stupid are you? You say you're an old timer? Take your meds and go back to bed, you're bout as dumb as they come.
huh

United States

#31 Feb 3, 2013
antics wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitch I'm not gay. Dumbass!!!! Wow
Classy. You must fit it with low lifes like these criminals just fine. Lol.
unprecedented

United States

#32 Feb 3, 2013
antics wrote:
the only reason you idiotic people are even remotely calling nuts is because u know im right. not to mention, some of you are probably part of the sparta chaos. so stop attacking others and GET A FUCKING GRIP........there is no hope for you people. and it doesnt matter [which one im "kin" to nosey,thas not for any of you to worry about. Dont you idiotic people have anything else better to do. Sparta=Worthless,Hopeless.
(sigh) i feel for all of you on this forum.
Look at it this way. Would you like someone you love or perhaps even you be captured, beaten to hell, robbed and thrown out of a vehicle? There is absolutely no excusable reason for a human to do thus to another, none. Don't you agree that for society to work people have to be punished? And as far as people minding their own business, this is reported as crime and therefore is public information. Same as the sex offenders list. Why, oh why, would you become so upset at people who are outraged at a group of individuals who prey on a person minding their own business? I see this as a pack of "wild animals" on the attack. I don't know about you, but no one should be afraid of walking. Don't you want to feel safe from people like those involved?

Since: Feb 13

Belleville, IL

#34 Feb 7, 2013
People need to stop being so childish, get a job go to work and they wouldn't need to be beating up some poor guy, plus how cowardly! Took how many of them to beat up one guy they need to get ahold of their lifes and enter the real world! congratulations three men to beat up one there parents should be really proud!
against stupidity

United States

#35 Feb 8, 2013
antics wrote:
at the end of the day all of you dont matter. so keep talking shit all you want, cause i sure wont loose sleep over ignorant people. I actually have a life sorry all of you dont. Good night.
I hope your azz gets pounded by a gang of criminals and they kick your beat up broken body out in the sticks somewhere. Now don't forget to defend them, okay, because we all have skeletons in our closet somewhere. Don't be ignorant and get mad when you're recovering in the hospital. In fact invite the thugs who beat you up over for a nice meal because, really, they're just misunderstood people. When you discover they robbed you, just say that's okay because they probably needed it more than you did. Does this sound nice enough for you. Yeah, get a life brainiac or better yet which one of the.criminals are you related to?
jesse mf keaton

Cookeville, TN

#37 Feb 28, 2013
letmesee wrote:
So. "Antics" which one is ur kid? Yea i guessed it..........i would be ashamed of my girl too, hang in there.
that's not Jamie's mom you ignoramus twirp if you want to write summin go write about how your daddy touched you that's summin you might actually know summin bout hell it might even be a best seller LOL I doubt it tho
Please Explain

Tullahoma, TN

#38 Feb 28, 2013
OK, what's the scoop here on Sparta?

When I go there it seems like a nice enough town.

Is the rate of child rape (which oughta result in the death penalty, if you ask me), and the other outrages mentioned previously higher in Sparta than other cities its size? If so, why don't we hear more about this? And what is it about White County that would attract more perverts than other places?

Thanks in advance for your conscientious replies.
chad moore

Cookeville, TN

#39 Mar 3, 2013
I know I'm a sick sick man I'm highly attracted to underage girls I can't help it I need help I can't stop on my own im not afraid to say 14 and up is fair game :) IJS
funny

United States

#40 Mar 3, 2013
jesse mf keaton wrote:
<quoted text> that's not Jamie's mom you ignoramus twirp if you want to write summin go write about how your daddy touched you that's summin you might actually know summin bout hell it might even be a best seller LOL I doubt it tho
Funny. Someone who says "summin" multiple times and rot brain calls someone else an ignoramus twirp. What a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
baltimore is a direct result of democrats 10 min truth 18
any one know Rick Grimms? (Sep '08) 1 hr Chris Rogers 2
Kids putnam 1 hr Darmecus Jenkins 6
best hair stylist in cookeville? (Mar '12) 1 hr Darmecus Jenkins 29
Mandarin Palace owners 1 hr Darmecus Jenkins 5
Crossville Topix deleting conservative posts YE... 2 hr Wow 2
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) 3 hr green 394
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]