if vernon crabtree running for school...

if vernon crabtree running for school board again?

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
hall

Lawrenceburg, TN

#1 Feb 6, 2010
Does anybody Know?
jack

Lawrenceburg, TN

#2 Feb 6, 2010
sure hope he doesn't. Never did his job.
Good Job

Jasper, TN

#3 Feb 6, 2010
I appreciate that when Crabtree ran for school board, he was very forthright in one of his goal. He stated in the paper that he planned on getting rid of Dr. Martin. That is why he won the seat. I am so thankful that they finally got rid of Dr. Martin! That was the best thing for our students!
Danna

Lawrenceburg, TN

#4 Feb 7, 2010
You have got to be kidding me. Dr Martin was so much netter. New teachers were being hired so the class rooms weren't over crowed when he was in. All this new director wants to do is complain about nor meeting the budget and get a raise. Cone on wake up.
Kristi

Lawrenceburg, TN

#5 Feb 7, 2010
Did u learn how to spell when Martin was in?

Monterey, TN

#6 Feb 7, 2010
Only one person has filed a petition to run for Vern's school board seat. His last name is hard to spell but his first name is Jordan. I don't know much about him but I heard he's a Tech student and that he's involved somehow with the Putnam County Republicans.
Danna

Lawrenceburg, TN

#7 Feb 7, 2010
Kristi wrote:
Did u learn how to spell when Martin was in?
Excuse me! I will definately slow down on my typing so I don't make anymore mistakes.
concerned

Lebanon, TN

#8 Feb 7, 2010
I sure hope the little creep doesnt run again. He lets his personal opinions and beliefs sway his judgement too often.
Sam

Lawrenceburg, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2010
We shouldn't have crabtree on the school board or his wife as a teacher. They don't have any morals and our children should not be exposed to either one of them. My wife is a teacher as well and we were invited to their sat night get togethers. Little did we know when we ventured out to their place that we were going to be exposed to the swingers club. Everybody there were exchanging partners. Needless to say we left immediately. That's what kind of people we have in these positions. We need to do something about it for the sake of our children.
Sam

Lawrenceburg, TN

#10 Feb 7, 2010
Newbie wrote:
Only one person has filed a petition to run for Vern's school board seat. His last name is hard to spell but his first name is Jordan. I don't know much about him but I heard he's a Tech student and that he's involved somehow with the Putnam County Republicans.
Thank you. I hope he has better morals then the swingers crabtree's.
Fanny

Lawrenceburg, TN

#11 Feb 7, 2010
Has crabtree ever helped anybody that had a problem since he's been on the school board?from what I've heard from several people he can't always says he can't do anything about it. So is he saying that being a school board member you really can't help with any problems? What's the point of electing a person to be the voice in our district if they really can't help us with a problem? And this new director isn't worth a crap. She doesn't care about the students or teachers at all.she's only concerned about the buget and her publicity. She won't even call you back about anything. She absolutely doesn't care.
Parent

Lawrenceburg, TN

#12 Feb 7, 2010
When I voted for Vern I truley hoped and thought he would do a good job as a school board member. I was so wrong. He never did anything that the people in his district asked him to do. I'm very disappointed in him as a school board member and a friend.
concerned

Spring Hill, TN

#13 Feb 7, 2010
There is a simple way to cure the problem with Crabtree. Vote him out of office he has proved himself to be incompetent he doesnt have the peoples interest at heart. Just his own selfserving needs.
Good Job

Jasper, TN

#14 Feb 7, 2010
Danna wrote:
You have got to be kidding me. Dr Martin was so much netter. New teachers were being hired so the class rooms weren't over crowed when he was in. All this new director wants to do is complain about nor meeting the budget and get a raise. Cone on wake up.

No, I'm not kiddingl. He didn't make his house payment even though he made a very nice salary. Dr. Derryberry loaned him money and bailed him out. There are also some behind the scene things he did to purposely cause problems for the school system and the board. When he didn't get his way with the board, he planned to stall and stall with his budget and said to someone I know that he was going to do what he could to cause financial difficulties for the county to get back at them. He also eliminated block scheduling which was a travesty for the students. I was in the school system for quite a few years and he was very degrading to the teachers and very arrogant. There is a lot more and I'd have to think about it to remember it all. It was a horrible time. It was so bad that Crabtree was elected by the public to remove him. He stated it in the paper and I very much appreciated that we knew exactly where he stood on issues. He doesn't pull any punches and isn't intimidated by bullies such as Martin.
Good Job

Jasper, TN

#15 Feb 7, 2010
Danna wrote:
Actually, new teachers were not being hired. They were being reduced which is why he eliminated block scheduling at the highschool. I was there when the change happened and had a child affected by it. If you aren't there, it is difficult to know what is happening beind the scenes.
Make up your mind

Cookeville, TN

#16 Feb 7, 2010
For goodness sake make you your mind
Martinthegreat

Lawrenceburg, TN

#17 Feb 7, 2010
Good Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, new teachers were not being hired. They were being reduced which is why he eliminated block scheduling at the highschool. I was there when the change happened and had a child affected by it. If you aren't there, it is difficult to know what is happening beind the scenes.
I actually was there. You are so very wrong. Do some research there were several new teachers hired. Honestly look at the classrooms now. We have too many students in the classroom. It's not fair for the teachers or the students. Look up all the newspaper articles the new administrator started by saying she needed to cut the budget by 300,000.00.ok, so she did that then the cutting has been over and over again. Once she cuts something it's always more being cut. Dr. Martin didn't keep on and on with the cutting. Why do you think our county commissioners aren't giving her anymore money? O and by the way dr. Martin hired new teachers every year. I was one of them.
Jack

Lawrenceburg, TN

#18 Feb 7, 2010
Make up your mind wrote:
For goodness sake make you your mind
You need to add that Martin always answered everybody's and if he wasn't in he promply called you back. Unlike Katherine. It's like trying to get ahold of the pres. Also cutting our resource officers. How dangerous dr. Greedyheart. And the coaches. Good greif lady they spend slot of time away from their families to coach these kids and u cut their salaries. How about cutting yours? Now the good coaches are quitting and we are getting rookies. Are sports will go down hill. I'm going to contact every board member and ask them not to renew her contract. We don't need her at all.
Booocrabtree

Lawrenceburg, TN

#19 Feb 7, 2010
Good Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sleeping with him and his wife took? Yeck!
Wondering

Jasper, TN

#20 Feb 7, 2010
Parent wrote:
When I voted for Vern I truley hoped and thought he would do a good job as a school board member. I was so wrong. He never did anything that the people in his district asked him to do. I'm very disappointed in him as a school board member and a friend.
What did the people ask him to do? Was it just one person who asked or was their an organized group asking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women's Health Services 55 min preggo 21
Krissy Mitchell? 2 hr thinkin 3
Pat Summitt 3 hr Smokey 5
Food runners delivery service 3 hr blue neck 1
Orlando 3 hr Adam and Steve 27
Nurses in Cookeville medical center dating doct... (Jul '15) 6 hr nurses 5
Michael Honeycutt, Hc, 6 hr Wondering 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages