Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The cookeville JROTC class picked 26 kids to goto Washinton DC today. They left the school at 6:00 am sharp. I'm proud of all the kids who got to go. They have earned it. Also I want to give a shout out to all thoes who made it happen. Great job!
what

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

CHS JROTC has turned into a joke. Glad I graduated while the program still had some dignity left.
My2ccs

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I have to agree with 'what.' I graduated in 2009 and witnessed the decline, which seemed to coincide with the resignation of the previous CO. Everything kind of went to shit. One of the company commanders at the time had been suspended for getting up in the SRO's face and ended up spending some time in juvy for it. Instead of demoting him and letting somebody else who wasn't an asshat take over, they let him keep his position. The decision was incredibly tacky and had the entire battalion scratching their heads.
Walmart Sucks

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Is the cadet chain of command still a popularity contest?
chs junior

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Walmart Sucks wrote:
Is the cadet chain of command still a popularity contest?
ya, mostly.
Not Impressed

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I only did JROTC once. While I knew some awesome people who took the course, it seemed to encompass some of the biggest douchebags to ever walk the face of the earth, who brown nosed their way into positions of pseudo-authority for the chance to order others around and there was some bullying that took place as well (company commanders and platoon leaders making people do push ups in the gravel, or making people stay in front leaning rest position for 30 minutes over something stupid) that managed to slide under the radar because nobody wanted to look like a baby in front of their classmates by complaining about it to the instructors.
cowgirlup

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Proud for my little sister who is on that trip right now, and hope those kids prove that they were the right ones to take.

As for the rest of it, I think it's kind of a joke anyways, making little wannabe army kids.
They will laugh at it a decade from now when they're living in the real world. Kind of like when grade school kids invent their own clubs. It's just kind of silly with the ranks and some kid being in charge of some other kid for no good reason.

Glad they say they teach some of the life skills that will be useful though.
just saying

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

cowgirlup wrote:
Glad they say they teach some of the life skills that will be useful though.
Meh....we were never taught anything other than marching and stuff like that. The class was fun, but it wasn't taken very seriously. most people were in it for an easy a and, like someone else said, to boss people around.

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

that's fantastic considering many of those students may actually have purpose in life unlike the others in the ag hall.
just saying it right

Byrdstown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

DeDominicis wrote:
that's fantastic considering many of those students may actually have purpose in life unlike the others in the ag hall.
Joey, you are so jealous of anyone that might succeed with their interest. Grow UP!!
BLAH

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Joey doesn't deserve his constitutional rights.
eternal

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Just Saying

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

eternal wrote:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
That was beautiful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Irving 144,743
Missouri protesters 25 min DeDominicis 36
So, will Obama get 72 virgins for destroying ou... (Nov '12) 32 min Carpenter 12
mushrooms 49 min DeDominicis 9
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr LeeLee1962 9,273
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 4 hr Johnny Smith 8,610
Man tased after resisting arrest 4 hr just saying it right 2
Sheriff Farris....One time Sheriff? 5 hr Farris supporter 14
Wendy Askins (Oct '13) 15 hr anon 162

Search the Cookeville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••