20-year-old charged in slaying

20-year-old charged in slaying

There are 17 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Nov 22, 2007, titled 20-year-old charged in slaying. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

A 20-year-old Conway man was arrested and charged Thursday with murder after he reportedly killed an acquaintance.

Horry County Police believe Christopher Dallas Illingworth shot his neighbor, Jason Turner, 29, several times about 8:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Wisteria Avenue.

Turner was shot in Illingworth's front yard and was taken to Conway Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 9:31 p.m., according to Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard.

Turner died of multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and abdominal areas, Willard said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

hate illingworths

Oceanside, NY

#1 Jan 30, 2008
what a waste of life chris & jonathan both are!!!!
The Illingworth

Cornelius, OR

#2 Mar 6, 2008
Who do you think you are. I am a cousin of Chris and John. Do discriminate on all Illingworth's
The Chosein one

Tampa, FL

#3 Jun 18, 2008
not mutch i can say except i know chris didnt know who he was shooting at he shot thru the door but damm 1 luv we lost nick now we loose u ................J.J
I miss you Jason

United States

#4 Aug 26, 2008
RIP to my brother. May your death not be in vain. I will see you again. Chris will get what he deserves
Jason

United States

#5 Nov 11, 2008
The Chosein one wrote:
not mutch i can say except i know chris didnt know who he was shooting at he shot thru the door but damm 1 luv we lost nick now we loose u ..........J.J
does it make it better because Chris didnt know who he was shooting at????
The Iliingworths

Beaverton, OR

#6 Nov 18, 2008
screw all of you to discrimination on Illingworth's some times things are meant to be.... Not to say I'm sorry it had to be Jason.
Anonymous

Laurinburg, NC

#7 Nov 25, 2008
the shit sucks, an innocent life was taken but yet at the same time a good soul is pretty much gone, take it from me, i live with it everyday of my life, rest in peace to jason as well as rest in peace to christopher.. he has a heart but just lost touch with it. Badly...
Anonymous

Manassas, VA

#8 Nov 26, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
the shit sucks, an innocent life was taken but yet at the same time a good soul is pretty much gone, take it from me, i live with it everyday of my life, rest in peace to jason as well as rest in peace to christopher.. he has a heart but just lost touch with it. Badly...
I agree...i knew christopher, know him personally...he lost himself...he made wrong choices. no one really knows what happened or why except them 2. whos really to blame. jason didnt deserve this nor his family. rest in peace to jason. you, yourself can be the only one to mess your life up. chris made wrong decisions, he couldve stayed doing good if he didnt push people away. no one is perfect and everyone screws up in life. its been a year now...whats next??!! chris was never like this!!!!! what happened??
Anonymous

Oak Park, MI

#9 Dec 15, 2008
Is this the Jason Turner that graduated from Conway High in 1995?
Not sure

United States

#10 Dec 16, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Is this the Jason Turner that graduated from Conway High in 1995?
i know that he has a brother and a sister. they went to conway and carolina forest
Unknown

Columbia, SC

#11 May 8, 2009
Only God Can Judge Chris
Unknown

Columbia, SC

#12 May 8, 2009
Only God Can Judge Chris.. RIP to the ones we lost.. Nick Gillespie, Lil E, and Chris Ill.. Missed but not forgotten
Unknown

Manassas, VA

#13 May 13, 2009
This shit still gets to me and I still wonder what is going to happen. I just dont get it. Christopher and this tragedy will always live with me. I knew that boy so well and will always have a piece of my heart.
Someone who Knows

Laurinburg, NC

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
does it make it better because Chris didnt know who he was shooting at????
Chris was not even supposed to have a GUN! He Knew exactally what he was doing! Mr. turners family should look into suing is probation officer / county as she was told about 3 -4 weeks prior to the shooting that the word was Chris had gotten a gun and that he was going to end up killing someone if they did not get him off the streets! They had his address but said they could not 'find' him.
Raquel

Greer, SC

#15 Feb 4, 2014
What I don't understand is how all yall have something to say, but none of yall were anywhere around.. No one can judge another and shame on you for doing so. Don't believe everything you read either most of it is BS!!
Dan

Bronx, NY

#16 Apr 13, 2014
I knew Chris on the streets and was locked up with him when I was at Kirkland infirmary, no one mentions how a man was at his door trying to enter his home while he was asleep only reason why he was charged is cause Chris shot before man entered his house but had his hand through the door to unlock it. The guy was robbing him. Chris has really changed his life around to help people.im not a religious person but Chris has devoted his life to god and got a degree in the Christian college and spends all his time helping others now. Who wouldn't shoot at someone trying to enter there home while there asleep. I feel for the loss of anyone but if I was asleep and someone was breaking in you would do the same and protect ur house
Dustydawgs

Charlotte, NC

#17 Mar 17, 2017
Forget all yall i grew up with chris lost touch but he was always my friend everyone makes mistakes and always two sides to the story. I will always be in chris's corner and all the family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beauty salon Sep 17 Shutmymouth 1
Review: 777 Portraits (Mar '14) Sep 17 John Gatensburg 4
Anyone know Ashley Speck Sep 16 Ftlenardwood2002 1
Review: Affordable Dentures - James K Thornton DDS (Jul '09) Sep 15 Gail LaSalle 42
had a blast at myrtle beach, also made a movie :) Sep 13 NCdude 2
When The Dr. is away Sep 13 Inowatudid 1
News Conway man found guilty in spite of absence fro... Sep 12 OBB 1

Conway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conway Mortgages