NH police search 2 cars in case of mi...

NH police search 2 cars in case of missing mom

There are 31 comments on the Bangor Daily News story from Apr 25, 2011, titled NH police search 2 cars in case of missing mom. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

Last modified April 25, 2011, at 6:24 p.m. Facebook Tweet Conway Police This undated picture made available by Conway, N.H. Police shows 20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Politically Incorrect

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 25, 2011
Imo, whoever left that baby in tht car, DIDN'T abandon her. She/he/they left the 4 ways on, and the car running: two sure fire attention getters. To the mother 'n sister: DON'T give up, until there's no reason to pray any longer, please. None of us can be 101% sure what another will do...even, and especially, our child. Is there a man in her life? If so, were there any signs you may have overlooked, concerning them getting along, or not? I'm not saying to look at the guy though...altho he'll be the first one they cast their eyes on...and rightly so.

I had my adult son go missing for 3 weeks, from the army, years ago. No one had seen him, and the last time we shared a visit, he was running around climbing and jumping from rock to rock in an animal refuge. I could picture him falling down into a crevice, and not being able to be seen/heard...close to death. We parents always think the worst, right? Well, it turns out he and some friends went AWOL, and ended up here, stealing my husbands firearms and bookin'. They found him, after he called my daugher and asked her to bring him a tire...and asked her NOT to tell me. Well, long story short, she called and told me. I alerted the police in that community, and he was picked up, brought back to our community, and jailed. So, you see, none of us really know what our family is capable of.

Until I hear different, I'll pray that she just craved some time away, and decided, after reconsidering her initial plan, to leave her baby there with someone who could give her more than she could offer her, until she got settled somewhere else. I figure that's why the 4 ways and engine were both engaged. It makes perfect sense, so it may well be the truth.:)

Keep prayin' and thinkin' of items that may provide the clue that will bring this all to a close. Hug that baby. Her mommy loves her.

God Bless you all
shack

Groton, MA

#2 Apr 25, 2011
Praise to the Conway Police Department.

From what I have read, there were 3 warrants within
the first 24 -48 hours.(cars and computer)

And, it appears that they are indeed concerned
and working on solving this crime.

Krista's family is fortunate that Conway Police are
so seemingly dedicated.

I hope this is solved within a reasonable time, before it disappears into the media mist.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 26, 2011
shack wrote:
Praise to the Conway Police Department.
From what I have read, there were 3 warrants within
the first 24 -48 hours.(cars and computer)
And, it appears that they are indeed concerned
and working on solving this crime.
Krista's family is fortunate that Conway Police are
so seemingly dedicated.
I hope this is solved within a reasonable time, before it disappears into the media mist.
Knew that shack couldn't wait to comment on this. Yep, this is exactly like Maura's case. One is a young mother missing from her car that was running and the door ajar with her abandoned baby inside. The other a young college age girl who ran away from school and then ran away from her crashed, closed car and abandoned all her alcohol. Yep, the cases are exactly the same.

Bill
pavlogsdog

Lisbon Falls, ME

#4 Apr 26, 2011
The family MUST do the work here !! organize search party. Do not wait for the police to 'fix' this.
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#5 Apr 26, 2011
WTH-the-original wrote:
<quoted text>
Knew that shack couldn't wait to comment on this. Yep, this is exactly like Maura's case. One is a young mother missing from her car that was running and the door ajar with her abandoned baby inside. The other a young college age girl who ran away from school and then ran away from her crashed, closed car and abandoned all her alcohol. Yep, the cases are exactly the same.
Bill
ha! so did i. i privately commented elsewhere to that end. the only commonality is NH; a very broad category. otherwise, as dissimilar as other circumstances that have caused women to disappear (and be and found....or their bodies found), but with resolution in the short-term.
the negatives sprinkled and then slathered about investigators is also not unexpected.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 26, 2011
How funny is that! The second I read the article I searched it out because I knew that she would have some snarky, off topic things to say. Some kind of backhanded complement. She is nothing if not predictable to the point that I probably could have written that for her.

And Pavlogsdog (Pavlov's Dog?). Leave the searching to people who know what they are doing. Contact the local SAR teams or F&G, there are many search teams in that area, all competent and operating by law under F&G. People stumbling and tramping around in areas that might hold clues only destroys or obliterates possible evidence, gets people lost and/or hurt and in general causes many more problems than it solves.

Bill
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#7 Apr 26, 2011
WTH-the-original wrote:
How funny is that! The second I read the article I searched it out because I knew that she would have some snarky, off topic things to say. Some kind of backhanded complement. She is nothing if not predictable to the point that I probably could have written that for her.
And Pavlogsdog (Pavlov's Dog?). Leave the searching to people who know what they are doing. Contact the local SAR teams or F&G, there are many search teams in that area, all competent and operating by law under F&G. People stumbling and tramping around in areas that might hold clues only destroys or obliterates possible evidence, gets people lost and/or hurt and in general causes many more problems than it solves.
Bill
your message obviously cannot be reinforced enough. super-cyber-investigators and hack searchers don't need to complicate and sabotage official investigations.
sophie bean

Hallowell, ME

#8 Apr 26, 2011
The location where her car was found is not more than one mile from where Louise Chaput's car was found nearly ten years ago. I agree with Shack that Conway police appear to have done a fine job thus far.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 26, 2011
I thought that Louise's car was at Glen boulder trail-head. That is around 17 miles away. And yes, you agreeing with Shack would not surprise me.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I put you on my no mind list. See ya.

Bill
sophie bean

Hallowell, ME

#10 Apr 26, 2011
WTH-the-original wrote:
I thought that Louise's car was at Glen boulder trail-head. That is around 17 miles away. And yes, you agreeing with Shack would not surprise me.
Oh yeah, I just remembered, I put you on my no mind list. See ya.
Bill
Nope, not at the Glen Boulder trail head, at the south Pinkham Notch lot, just south of the Ellis River. Her body was found near where the Glen Boulder trail connects to the Direttissima, I believe. This certainly doesn't mean that the cases are connected by anything more than proximity, but it is possible, in my opinion.

Also, I agreed with Shack about the good work of Conway PD. Do you disagree?

Location hidden

#11 Apr 26, 2011
I remember where it was reported her body was found. The south Pinkham notch parking area is farther north than the Glen Boulder trail. Its 18.3 miles. I see no connection between the two whatsoever. If she is found maybe some links might be able to be made but at this point we have no idea what happened to her and they sure don't seem to be in the same category.

I do agree that the evidence indicates she might be in danger. I am not sure what the police have that makes them think that but it sounds like more than what we know. I think that Conway PD, who I am familiar with, is doing a good job. I don't agree that other didn't do a good job, which is clearly what she is trying to imply.

What we may see, is if them jumping on this with both feet, the expenditure of people, money, equipment other organizations and resources makes any difference. One case won't establish a trend but in many of these cases, not being there when it happens means weeks, months, years of not being solved. Hopefully, it won't be the case this time but it wouldn't surprise me unless they find a POI (i.e. sex offender in the area, etc).

Bill

Location hidden

#12 Apr 27, 2011
Thank goodness Lt. Perley is getting this information out. Hopefully they will listen.

"Individuals have been asking what they can do. One group planned to meet at Cranmore to search the woods, but Conway police asked the group not to. Untrained searchers could wind up destroying evidence, Perley said, despite their desire to help."

Bill
shack

Groton, MA

#13 Apr 27, 2011
Conway Police did not turn down the offer from 3 FBI agents as Krista had crossed from Maine into NH. They also have accepted aid from Carroll County Sheriff, 11 investigators, and AMW, within the last 5 days.

Also, so far it appears to me that the Conway Police Chief has been open to the media with what information that he feels appropriate.

I hope this is solved very soon.bbbbbb

Location hidden

#14 Apr 27, 2011
Yep, this is exactly like Maura's case. One is a young mother missing from her car that was running and the door ajar with her abandoned baby inside. The other a young college age girl who ran away from school and then ran away from her crashed, closed car and abandoned not a child, but SOME of her alcohol. Yep, the cases are exactly the same.

And the FBI is being used for interviewing. And Conway Police are keeping some things very close to the vest as well. I'm sure we will shortly hear from you how they aren't cooperating with the family. Another thing we haven't heard is how the family is intentionally trying to antagonize the police and people in the area. They have been fairly quite with respect to the investigation, haven't they.

All the cooperation makes sense in a case where their is as much information as there is in this case. bbbbb phffft Did someone just pass gas?

And yes, with all the resources, FBI, state police, aircraft, AMW, etc. It is certain to bring a hasty, positive outcome to this case. This is a disappearance wet dream for you shack, isn't it? All things happening just the way you want for the positive outcome that everyone hopes for.

Well, lets hope but unless they can tie it to the usual suspects, you know, husband, boyfriend, father, sex offender, the odds are still not good. But it might be one of those and they are still apparently looking into the drug angle of the father.

Bill
found her

Sanford, ME

#15 Apr 27, 2011
They have found her, it's on channel 8 news out of Portland Maine...that's too bad..I was praying..so sorry to the family..
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#16 Apr 27, 2011
WTH-the-original wrote:
Another thing we haven't heard is how the family is intentionally trying to antagonize the police and people in the area. They have been fairly quite with respect to the investigation, haven't they.
All the cooperation makes sense in a case where their is as much information as there is in this case. bbbbb phffft Did someone just pass gas?
And yes, with all the resources, FBI, state police, aircraft, AMW, etc. It is certain to bring a hasty, positive outcome to this case. This is a disappearance wet dream for you shack, isn't it? All things happening just the way you want for the positive outcome that everyone hopes for.
Well, lets hope but unless they can tie it to the usual suspects, you know, husband, boyfriend, father, sex offender, the odds are still not good. But it might be one of those and they are still apparently looking into the drug angle of the father.
Bill
Bill, only a few would understand what is being discussed here unless they, too, have followed the bizarre behavior surrounding another disappearance. under normal circumstances it would be hard to criticize a grieving family for behaving badly, but the commentary above has been well earned by their combative stance against authorities, and supported by a posse of accusers.
it was never enough that the family and received compassionate concern and offers of skill and expertise from the concerned public...but it had to be manipulated and discarded.
you're correct, there is only one outcome to satisfy the hungry wolves, regardless of whether the circumstances surrounding the Dittmeyer disappearance and death are similar or different by comparison.
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#17 Apr 27, 2011
here is a shameless entry found elsewhere in the midst of raw grief presumed to be suffered today by a family unknown to the writer. someone can never miss an inappropriate opportunity to mention MM.

kittykat [Profile]Member
Apr. 27, 2011 9:55pm EST
So sorry for her family. I can't help notice the similarities to this case and the disapperances of Maura Murray and Brianna Maitland. Three woman all missing from their cars in northern New England, with similar physical apperances. What's going on up there? At least LE is investigating this case where there were serious questions about their efforts in Murray's case. Perhaps now the FBI is involved they can get to the botton of alll three cases.
rainbowsprinkles

United States

#18 Apr 28, 2011
Hopefully the blood that was reportedly found in her car belongs to the person who did this to her and can be matched through DNA.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 28, 2011
Snowy wrote:
here is a shameless entry found elsewhere in the midst of raw grief presumed to be suffered today by a family unknown to the writer. someone can never miss an inappropriate opportunity to mention MM.
kittykat [Profile]Member
Apr. 27, 2011 9:55pm EST
So sorry for her family. I can't help notice the similarities to this case and the disapperances of Maura Murray and Brianna Maitland. Three woman all missing from their cars in northern New England, with similar physical apperances. What's going on up there? At least LE is investigating this case where there were serious questions about their efforts in Murray's case. Perhaps now the FBI is involved they can get to the botton of alll three cases.
I am still waiting for the autopsy. Even the AG seems to be hedging her bet on manner of death right now. I'm not sure if its just an abundance of caution about the investigation or they found out things during the investigation that makes her unsure. The autopsy will tell.

But I am sure kittykat is correct, all three cases look exactly the same. Makes one wonder how drunk kittykat was when she posted that?

Bill

Location hidden

#20 Apr 28, 2011
Determination of the manner and cause of death is now pending toxicology results. So we can rule out death by knife, gun, blunt trauma, strangulation, drowning, etc? This is pretty weird. They are still looking at it as a suspicious death but toxicology results could take 6 to 8 weeks. Sounds less and less like it was a murder, but who knows?

Bill

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack Morley and his Dunkin Donuts Erection (Jul '15) Aug 10 Sandy 4
Jay @ N. Country Wholesale Jul '17 whistleblower 1
Rte 153 today (Dec '16) Dec '16 mmeggieg 1
A plea for information - Do you know what happ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 letsfindanswers 1
A plea for information - Do you know what happ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 letsfindanswers 1
News Lifestar to take over ambulance duties in six t... (Sep '10) Jun '16 DeathStar EMS 13
News Family of wild black bears moves into New Hamps... (May '16) May '16 MARTY 1

Conway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Conway Mortgages