3 arrested in young mother's murder

There are 20 comments on the May 11, 2011, MyFoxBoston story titled 3 arrested in young mother's murder. In it, MyFoxBoston reports that:

Three men have been arrested in the murder of a young Maine mother found dead in North Conway, N.H., last month, Attorney General Michael A. Delaney announced Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxBoston.

martha stewart

Brookline, MA

#1 May 12, 2011
God ....Look out for her daughter and shilled her from this evil act that had been done to her mother!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 May 12, 2011
Personally, I feel as though the alleged murderer gave more consideration to the child than the mom did. The mom brought the child on the drug run. I don't know if there is even any evidence that the alleged killer knew there was a child in the car when they allegedly attacked the mom. Mom certainly knew that she was going to meet with scum. The alleged murderer left the car running and the flashers on, I supposed to attract attention that there was a child in the car. Not what people usually do when they just killed someone.

I know when I did all my drug runs I never brought my kids with me. Oh, what a minute, I never did any drug runs at all, but if I did, I wouldn't have brought my children with me. My guess is that some of those people might not be people I would want my children around.

Bill
ex dealer

Morehead, KY

#3 May 12, 2011
its a dangerous business, thats why i quit dealing when i had my first child. all i can say is at least they did not hurt the kid.
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#4 May 12, 2011
the circumstances are so stunning, and the participants are such cruel monsters. the young mom, although a participant in and victim of her own death, surely should not have suffered this end. death penalty for these recent, heinous crimes? anyone?
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/new-hampshire...

Location hidden

#5 May 12, 2011
I'm going to need to disagree with you here on the death penalty Snowy. While I support it for many cases this one doesn't fit as far as I can see. The Asst. Attorney General seem like a no bulls**t type of person and she is trying for 2nd degree and I can swear to this but it might plead to manslaughter. It depends on if she was alive when she went in the pond. If Krista was alive then they should fry them. What I suspect happened according to the descriptions is that they intended to rob her and knock her out. There was no intent (a must have for 1st degree murder) to kill her. I also suspect that because this attack happened (according to reports) in the house, the morons might not have even known about the child in the car. The bludgeoning or the way she was bound may have killed her, at that point the whole “plan” was a total screw up. They bring her to the car and to their surprise and likely horror they find that her child is in the car. I mean, what decent human being brings a 14 month old to something like that? So if she was already dead they disposed of the body, and short of driving the car to the police station themselves the leave it running in the open with the car door open and flashers on. Seems like the wanted to make sure the baby was found. Like I said, if mom was already dead when she went in the pond its 2nd degree, maybe manslaughter. If she was alive when she was put in the pond 1st degree, no question and the death penalty should be applied.

Bill
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#6 May 12, 2011
WTH-the-original wrote:
I'm going to need to disagree with you here on the death penalty Snowy. While I support it for many cases this one doesn't fit as far as I can see. The Asst. Attorney General seem like a no bulls**t type of person and she is trying for 2nd degree and I can swear to this but it might plead to manslaughter. It depends on if she was alive when she went in the pond. If Krista was alive then they should fry them. What I suspect happened according to the descriptions is that they intended to rob her and knock her out. There was no intent (a must have for 1st degree murder) to kill her. I also suspect that because this attack happened (according to reports) in the house, the morons might not have even known about the child in the car. The bludgeoning or the way she was bound may have killed her, at that point the whole “plan” was a total screw up. They bring her to the car and to their surprise and likely horror they find that her child is in the car. I mean, what decent human being brings a 14 month old to something like that? So if she was already dead they disposed of the body, and short of driving the car to the police station themselves the leave it running in the open with the car door open and flashers on. Seems like the wanted to make sure the baby was found. Like I said, if mom was already dead when she went in the pond its 2nd degree, maybe manslaughter. If she was alive when she was put in the pond 1st degree, no question and the death penalty should be applied.
Bill
thanks, as ever, for a rational consideration of legal precedents in this circumstance. i am reacting to and focusing on the depraved minds and souls of the accused (and convicted) men in both the Mont Vernon, NH and Petit murders in CT. it's heartbreaking...and tempting to cry out for 'justice' in the form of the harshest retribution.:(

Location hidden

#7 May 12, 2011
Snowy wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks, as ever, for a rational consideration of legal precedents in this circumstance. i am reacting to and focusing on the depraved minds and souls of the accused (and convicted) men in both the Mont Vernon, NH and Petit murders in CT. it's heartbreaking...and tempting to cry out for 'justice' in the form of the harshest retribution.:(
For the Petit murderers I would only allow one punishment and that would be for Dr. Petit to be alone in a room with each of his families murders, each tied up for 24 hours and Dr. Petit with a blowtorch, ice pick and pliers.

Those two are beneath contempt and lost all rights to be considered human.

Bill
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#8 May 12, 2011
WTH-the-original wrote:
<quoted text>
For the Petit murderers I would only allow one punishment and that would be for Dr. Petit to be alone in a room with each of his families murders, each tied up for 24 hours and Dr. Petit with a blowtorch, ice pick and pliers.
Those two are beneath contempt and lost all rights to be considered human.
Bill
i cannot disagree.
locals

Augusta, ME

#9 May 13, 2011
One of the Petit murderers is from Wolfeboro area. The other has some tie to NH also.

Location hidden

#10 May 13, 2011
locals wrote:
One of the Petit murderers is from Wolfeboro area. The other has some tie to NH also.
I didn't know that but scum like that can and does come from anywhere and everywhere. I spend a fair amount of my free time in the Wolfeboro/Ossipee area. It is a very nice area, with mostly good people. It is also an area with a lot of out of state people, again, mostly good.

Bill
Snowy

Gloucester, MA

#11 May 13, 2011
locals wrote:
please clarify to complete your thought. that one of the murderers is from NH, and the other has ties to wolfeboro....therefore, what conclusion can we draw from that information?
tanya

Jonesport, ME

#12 May 16, 2011
i totally think that if people are going to judge krista they should know her, you guys didnt know her from a hole in the wall and here you are making fun of her for bringing her baby girl with her, ever come to think maybe thats why she left her in the car so she didnt see her mom do that, but those scum bags destroyed the life that baby would of had with her wonderful mother. Krista was a beautiful woman who gave everything for her baby and had such a big heart and those losers who clearly cant afford there own habbit and should clearly have thought about quitting if they cant afford it rather than kill her. Krista was a wonderful mother, daughter, grand daughter, and sister. Everyone from lake region loves you krista and know your looking down on your baby everyday blessing her.

Location hidden

#13 May 16, 2011
tanya wrote:
ever come to think maybe thats why she left her in the car so she didnt see her mom do that
Not really. I just suspected she was too lazy to unstrap the child from the car seat. That is why I thought that she didn't take her upstairs.

I mean really tanya, you are going to try to justify her taking her daughter on a drug run with her? Come on. Seriously?

Bill
sophie bean

Northeast Harbor, ME

#14 May 17, 2011
Jesus, now I AM shocked. Clearly, this was a young woman with less than great judgement in some respects, but to act like she deserved a HORRIBLE fate because of poor choices is simply inhuman. Thank you, Snowy, for being something of the voice of reason.

Location hidden

#15 May 17, 2011
sophie bean wrote:
Jesus, now I AM shocked. Clearly, this was a young woman with less than great judgement in some respects, but to act like she deserved a HORRIBLE fate because of poor choices is simply inhuman. Thank you, Snowy, for being something of the voice of reason.
I am looking again. Reading, reading, reading.... Nope. Nowhere do I read that she deserved that fate. The issue remains could that fate have been predicted and did she put her child in abject danger by her actions. Like you said. "A young woman with less than great judgement". That is fine when you are just a young woman. It is less fine when it is a mother with a 14 month old and, as usual the family is painting her as a bastion of motherhood, flawless, who would never have put her child in harms way. Again, like it needs to be re-enforced. Family is often the least reliable indicator of what someone will and won't do.

Bill
sophie bean

Bar Harbor, ME

#16 May 18, 2011
Right, Bill, you "didn't say it" directly, didn't say "she deserved this" - nor did you imply it in any way? How incredibly cowardly to pussyfoot around saying exactly that and then denying that you meant anything of the kind AND making the ridiculous comment about the "suspected murderer" as if there's a QUESTION whether it was murder. I'd suspected for a long time that I had your number, thanks for confirming that I do. As much as I have often and strongly disagreed with Snowy, I respect Snowy. Karma will find you, Bill, have no doubt.

Location hidden

#17 May 18, 2011
sophie bean wrote:
Right, Bill, you "didn't say it" directly, didn't say "she deserved this" - nor did you imply it in any way? How incredibly cowardly to pussyfoot around saying exactly that and then denying that you meant anything of the kind AND making the ridiculous comment about the "suspected murderer" as if there's a QUESTION whether it was murder. I'd suspected for a long time that I had your number, thanks for confirming that I do. As much as I have often and strongly disagreed with Snowy, I respect Snowy. Karma will find you, Bill, have no doubt.
Again, totally absurd.

I am so happy you finally have my "number". I wonder what that might be? I don't know how I will but I will try to keep on going knowing that you don't respect me. And as far as Karma goes, I'm still way ahead on that scorecard. No matter what imagined things you think I might have done to get myself in trouble with karma.

Oh, and you really need to find out what constitutes murder. This may not have been murder as I explained before and that is the difference between me and you. I try to explain in a measured reasonable tone the whys and wheres. You like to knee jerk with ridiculous personal attacks and hyperbole. It is when people get all jacked up by emotion, as you often do, they often make stupid choices and say stupid things. I suspect any defense attorney worth a dime would spot you a mile away and have you dismissed if you were ever called as a juror on a case like this. The Attorney General knows the law. If she could have filed first degree murder, I am sure she would have. How Krista entered the water will tell what charge they face. It looks right now like she was likely dead before she went in the water.

Bill
disgusted

Augusta, ME

#18 May 18, 2011
Shut the hell up,all of you cowards.Get a life and let this family and the police do what they have to do. Sickening dub's.

Location hidden

#19 May 18, 2011
disgusted wrote:
Shut the hell up,all of you cowards.Get a life and let this family and the police do what they have to do. Sickening dub's.
Hey buddy, let me help. After you read this. Stop reading. That will fix all your problems.

Bill
The Equalizer

Bangor, ME

#20 May 20, 2011
Hi. Are any of the suspects cops? You gotta just love all of this police corruption in the world. We are out to bring dirty corrupt cops to justice at ( http://thejusticeleaguefiles.blogspot.com/ ) so watch out. Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Frank Guinta as Representative? (Dec '11) Mar '15 Tom Guarino 3
Review: Cinemaesque Home Theatre and LED (Feb '10) Dec '14 jake1492 5
News Abigail Hernandez, Missing for 9 Months, Says S... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Thankful 1
News Questions linger after missing teen returns home (Jul '14) Jul '14 Concerned Citizen 3
News Man to be arraigned on charge of kidnapping girl (Jul '14) Jul '14 William 1
News Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark i... (Dec '13) Jul '14 cannot believe 4
News Investigators release sketch in missing teen case (Jul '14) Jul '14 Possible 1
More from around the web

Conway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]