AnonymousVet

Nichols, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Rumor has it, that sometime in the near future; approximately 2-3 years, a Tattoo Studio, and Piercing Shop will start a new business in Salem. Due to the growing amount of folks with tattoos and piercings, Salem would be an ideal location for such a place, because it's alot closer than Mt. Home or West Plains. But due to the area, there is bound to be those who would oppose such a business. So where do you stand? Should there be a local tattoo parlor? If not, Why? If so, why? And how do you feel about tattoo's and piercings in general?
Waldorf

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

who cares it won t stay open more than a year or 2 at best. It will be a come and go thing.

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

A-vet personally I hope you are successful with it.
Skeezer

Camp, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

There will be no need to open that shit hole up in salem, there is already some dude up at the meadows doin the same thing . There is no need for 2 of them in salem.
doubt it will happen

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

i am not opposed to piercings or tattoos. i have some myself. a tattoo parlor would just plain not make it in salem. there is an increasing number of people in salem that would like one to come here. i just really dont believe it would last. the simple fact is that most people dont want salem to grow and until people in this town become open minded, it will never happen
guest62

Imboden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Judged:

if you ask any true military person the only people that should have their ear pierced is someone that actually survived a ship wreck now on the religous point there is an verse in the bible Deutoneromy that says not to paint or pierce your body and like a wise man told me once before for all you atheist all of you dont believe in God but when it comes down to it none of you want to
go to hell you all have a belief whether you claim it or not and for those of you that consider yourself the christian maybe you should rethink that you are supposed to try to at least live in the right way as far as a tatoo parlor i personally hope it doesnt make it for mankinds sake dont further yourself
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

It does say that in the bible but, the one thing u are forgetting in your condeming statement above is that our GOD is a forgiving an a just GOD. Meaning All who paint or priece their bodies are not athiest or should be comdemed For it. We all error that is to be human and I believe it Also mentions in the bibLe we are All not Without sin!!!
As well as: in whom we have redemtion through his blood the forgivness of sins according to the riches of his grace.(Remeber jesus did die on the cross For us for the sins we committ or will comitt.) Why because he is just and not judging like u Are being in you above statement. Here's another one for you to ponder on: Judge not according to the apperance but judge righteous judgement. See maybe they believe but has just slipped an fell away from god but it dosent mean that they don't still have him in their hearts an won't find their way back. I can cont reciting scriptur but I Won't what I will do is pray For you for jesus to Come to you an help you with the vengfull, judgemental, and ill feelings you hold within yourself. We are to live our lifes in the likeness of our savor an I would hope that he would not be as harsh an unforgiving as you are in you are in your statement. GOD BLESS
barbell

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

curious wrote:
It does say that in the bible but, the one thing u are forgetting in your condeming statement above is that our GOD is a forgiving an a just GOD. Meaning All who paint or priece their bodies are not athiest or should be comdemed For it. We all error that is to be human and I believe it Also mentions in the bibLe we are All not Without sin!!!
As well as: in whom we have redemtion through his blood the forgivness of sins according to the riches of his grace.(Remeber jesus did die on the cross For us for the sins we committ or will comitt.) Why because he is just and not judging like u Are being in you above statement. Here's another one for you to ponder on: Judge not according to the apperance but judge righteous judgement. See maybe they believe but has just slipped an fell away from god but it dosent mean that they don't still have him in their hearts an won't find their way back. I can cont reciting scriptur but I Won't what I will do is pray For you for jesus to Come to you an help you with the vengfull, judgemental, and ill feelings you hold within yourself. We are to live our lifes in the likeness of our savor an I would hope that he would not be as harsh an unforgiving as you are in you are in your statement. GOD BLESS
Well thank you pastor curious for enlightening us on your wisdom!! This is not your personal pulpit !! go away!
guest 62

Paris, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

curious wrote:
If you know wrong is wrong and you continue to do wrong then you are not living in the right path. I am not trying to judge anyone for their choices, and I did not call people with tatoos Athiest, maybe it is just people taking it that way. I'm not trying to be LEGALISTIC I just don't think that we should have a tatoo parlor here and hope that it doesn't make it here. Because there will come a day that we will all be judged before God. I am not judging you or anyone else I am just stating my opinion.
ozark mom

Camp, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

I would welcome a new tattoo artist in the area. If your work is good and your practise clean it would be a great addition to the city !
Don't let the bible thumpers get you down...
Waldorf 2

Camp, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

AAAHHH nothing better than a tattoo artist moving into town. Sure would be a great addition to salem for sure.LMFAO!!!

“Just Brew It !!!”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

Yes I would like to see a tattoo shop go in Salem or Hardy. If some don't like it then stay out of the tattoo shop, See how EZ that is.
aoiuwerl

Walnut Ridge, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

I would personally like to see a Tattoo shop open up closer to Salem. The place at Meadows, whoever said that before, I don't know the people, but I figure that it would not really be a sterile environment and it would be safer to actually open up a place with people that have been trained and know what the heck they are doing. I've been wanting something to open up closer to Salem for a long time. I'm one of the first from the high school to have gotten piercings while still in school and still ahve a great interest in body mods. It is really getting too popular in Salem, me thinks. Kids are doing it now because it is turning into a fad.
And as far as the bible thumping, that really is upsetting. I would like to see the scripture you are using to oppose this and see what you have to say and hear your thoughts on this.
Show me where in the bible that it says that tattooing and piercing are of the devil. Please, do it. From what I've read, that was meant for that day and time, for the people not to be seen as the pagans. The tattoos and piercings meant things then, some do now, but for the most part, nothing like in the days of scripture. Tattoos and piercings now-a-days have been used for purposes like glorifying God. Trust me, how I look is really my witness. I've been able to talk to people all over who knew I was a Christian and they would look at me and ask if my beliefs contradicted how I look (I have a couple tattoos and plan on getting more, a couple facial piercings, and my ear lobes are stretched). Through how I look, I have been able to witness to people and be more easily accepted by people of that particular style. Many are willing to listen to me about my faith and don't get offended when I ask them questions about God and such. This is the same with the music that I listen to as well. What matters most the heart of the person and their spiritual relationship with Christ.
But back to the topic, although I do would like to see a shop open up closer to Salem, I don't really know how that would work out IN Salem.
blah blah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Is tattoos really a sin cause i have three nothing bad but i didnt know that where in the bible does is talk about it i would like to read it
myself

Evening Shade, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

I have 2 tattoos and love them!

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

blah blah wrote:
Is tattoos really a sin cause i have three nothing bad but i didnt know that where in the bible does is talk about it i would like to read it
Deuteronomy
not sure

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

I have both tattoos and piercings along with many others here, but I just dont think anyone would stay busy enough in Salem.
guest 13

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2010

I have no tattoes and love the lack of them

Since: Mar 10

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I love my tattoo's I have 4 of the and I will be getting more! tattoo's are one of the oldest art forms and can be very spiritual I hope a shop does open and good luck to whom ever opens it.
justme

Carthage, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Beware of people who "quote" the bible!!! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Conway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tina ??? 2 hr not tina 2
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr BARNEYII 29,437
Records 8 hr guest 1
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 21 hr I like Birds 9,827
Blacks rioting in MO Tue Shugah 12
Eye Care Aug 16 Guest 1
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 16 Curmudgeon 3,836

Search the Conway Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Conway Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Conway People Search