Voice opinion about Constableville sc...

Voice opinion about Constableville school

There are 8 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Sep 24, 2011, titled Voice opinion about Constableville school. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

I just came away from the well-attended Board of Education meeting at the South Lewis Central School District in Turin dealing with the proposed closing of the elementary school in Constableville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

SL taxpayer

Boonville, NY

#1 Oct 20, 2011
All the elementary schools should and will close eventually. The cost of maintaining three elementary schools whose attendance is better than most private schools, is exuberant.

One exceptional reason to vote for a central elementary school would be to to put an end to the constant bickering over which school is better then the other and over who has the best PTO. All of these kids end up together in 6th grade, and its high time they arrived in Middle School as a cohesive instead of divided group.
think

Frankfort, NY

#2 Oct 21, 2011
close the place. there are only a handful of kids going there anyway!
dont build

United States

#3 Oct 21, 2011
we may have to close c-ville, but a new school is not the answer. send them to Glenfield or Port Leyden. the school board and administration is looking for any excuse to build a new school.
my opinion

Chittenango, NY

#4 Oct 21, 2011
dont build wrote:
we may have to close c-ville, but a new school is not the answer. send them to Glenfield or Port Leyden. the school board and administration is looking for any excuse to build a new school.
The campus {South Lewis) is big enough already, an outsider might think its a small college there. 900 students in 5 years, when they want to build dormatories up there?
Idk

New York, NY

#5 Oct 25, 2011
Close pl!! Not cville
withheld

Ithaca, NY

#6 Oct 25, 2011
i went to c-ville school and it was about the same amount of kids going as there ared now....and even if they close it they will still have to maintain it so why not leave it open....
SL taxpayer

Boonville, NY

#7 Oct 26, 2011
The maintenance would be minimal. Plus, if they keep it open they would have to do millions of dollars in renovations. The school is falling apart.

It makes sense to send the kids to Port and Glenfield on the short term, but in the long run it is cheaper to operate one building, and pay only one set of teachers, one secretary, one principal, and one nurse.

Because Port Leyden and Glenfield have the most students and can accommodate more students, it doesn't make economical or spacial sense to close either of those schools. Eventually all three schools will be closed.

I would also like to point out that Port Leyden, overwhelmingly, has the most students on honor roll and involved in extracurricular activities. This also carries on to the middle school level. They have an awesome group of young teachers, and some very smart, hardworking kids.
who knows

United States

#8 Nov 11, 2011
well I think if they get rid of some of the offices at the school that were never there and some of the xtra rooms they have taken away that used to be rooms for teaching then all the kids could be at sl NO need to build the count is going down all the time. Just like some of the people employed there we dont nee, if principals did their job and gym teachers did theirs why would we need some one like Chad Brown, Brian Oaks, didnt have them in the past and the school had less trouble, also why not combine the transportation job and the grounds job like all the rest of the schools right there would be 500,thousands saved there is more they could do also but no continue to pay and take from the smaller people there that make the place run why??Come on board wake up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constableville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women 2 hr John 4
Mh 2 hr Jake 2
Trainor Funeral Home 3 hr Simplicity101 2
Book Sellers from "Florida" 5 hr bored 5
Brittany farr 6 hr Lol 1
Brandy Andrews 8 hr Citizen 3
Boonville Farmers Market Thu nono 4

Constableville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance