Where's all the money going?

Where's all the money going?

Posted in the Constableville Forum

Raleigh, NC

#1 Aug 17, 2012
With approximately 450 camps on Brantingham Lake, each paying on the average of approximately 6K/year in taxes, well that's about 2.7 Million dollars per year. The numbers may be argued, so lets say safely 2 Million/ year, instead.

Please read the excerpt from an article taken from the Watertown paper this morning, and then read the full article ... it only gets better:

'The clerk in the Town of Greig used funds intended for an environmental improvement project to conceal a shortage in a tax collection bank account, according to an audit released today by State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli. The case has been referred to State Police officials for investigation.

Auditors found that the clerk diverted a $17,365 state grant check for the BLACK RIVER WATERSHED into a Town of Greig tax collection account to cover a $16,000 shortage. When questioned about the discrepancy by auditors, the town clerk acknowledged the shortage and later reimbursed the town from her personal account for the full amount...'

Interesting the name of the Clerk was never mentioned. Why is that?

I am glad this was caught, who knows maybe 10 or 20 years too late, but better late than never. Wonder when the last true audit like this was?
#2 Aug 17, 2012
Actually, Karin's name was mentioned.

But what a mess! I'm really surprised the board wasn't overseeing the accounts.

Mayfield, NY

#3 Aug 20, 2012
dude from NC again. you'll be going back home by labor day right? good then you can be a jerk their. or will you be coming up this winter to enjoy the free snowmobiling trails?

Raleigh, NC

#4 Aug 20, 2012
If this issue of embezzlement doesn't worry you, then just ignore it.

Mayfield, NY

#5 Aug 20, 2012
what makes you think its embezzlement. thats just stupid.

Utica, NY

#6 Aug 22, 2012
^^^ If it walks like a duck..................

Raleigh, NC

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Looks like a common occurrence in Lewis County.

Oversight should be sooooo implemented by a outside agency or whatever, every day. There's not enough money in this community to be wasted in this manor.

So, I hear Karin Fayle wasn't charged with embezzlement. Is that right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Constableville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Gilbert is back 2 hr JenGilbertsjizz 3
I need a man, any men around 40 to 60 years old? 7 hr Horny 7
wtf 9 hr Wow 6
Whats wrong 13 hr Bad liars 152
Older women in PL running with married man 16 hr Ntkasp 6
vape? 16 hr sue 4
cody fox (Feb '10) 23 hr PissedOffMother 34

Constableville Jobs

Personal Finance

Constableville Mortgages