Sex offender charged in teen's death

Sex offender charged in teen's death

There are 148 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 23, 2007, titled Sex offender charged in teen's death. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Police officers arrested a registered sex offender on Tuesday in connection with the death of a 16-year-old girl whose body was found the night before in a wooded area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

paisleyposey

“END THE FED!”

Since: Feb 07

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#155 May 23, 2007
Very Sad Friend wrote:
Ok she txt messaged me at 8-15 on monday night and said she was going to take her friend home and then i txted her back and she never answered how do you think that feels for me i was talking to her 10 mins before it happened and this whatever girl on here i hope that you never ever come to our town talking all your crap man we are not the town you want to mess with i am just saying KARMA man it is a killer and i hope you RIH your lucky idk who you are !!!!!!!!
R.I.P Tarra we all lloved you girl and you kno it and ill see you up there some day
My heart goes out to you and the rest of her friends and family. This is my worst fear for my own kids and loved ones. May all of you find peace and comfort. Prayers for your healing.

paisleyposey

“END THE FED!”

Since: Feb 07

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#156 May 23, 2007
Apiarist wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll say it again, although no one seems to be listening.
The right to bail is ingrained in English common law, our U.S. constitution, and Indiana statutes. If you don't like the American way, then write your congressmen and legislators and tell them you don't like our constitution.
Stop blaming the judge for doing what he was required to do under our law.
I was under the impression that in considering bail, that further danger to society, was a factor in deciding such? Is that just TV?
outraged

Newport, KY

#158 May 23, 2007
Apiarist wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll say it again, although no one seems to be listening.
The right to bail is ingrained in English common law, our U.S. constitution, and Indiana statutes. If you don't like the American way, then write your congressmen and legislators and tell them you don't like our constitution.
Stop blaming the judge for doing what he was required to do under our law.
I understand the law and that the Judge may have HAD to let him out. What stops him from putting a bracelet on a sexual offenders ankle? At least the second he steps foot outside of his house, he's caught. Who else has been victim to this man that has not had the support to step forward?
When he knew he was facing jail time anyhow in another month for a previous crime, he probably figured "what the heck"!!!
I believe she was walking a friend home around 9:15 that night. It was still fairly light out. It could have happened to anyone in the area. Let's hope this tragedy at least forces the justice system to re-think whose rights are being infringed on! We are surrounded by these horrific individuals and many who have not even seen the inside of a cell. After the story broke, 2 individuals that I work with came forward with memories of abuse and sure enough these individuals were on the offenders list and are still committing the crimes. Most of the time, they are protected by family members and the stories from these children go no further than their own homes.
Del

Indianapolis, IN

#159 May 23, 2007
Sex offenders ESPECIALLY child molesters will NEVER be cured...they need to have one hand cut off and their testicles removed...Im serious...its the ONLY way...Period...its sickening and heartwrinching...and I can only imagine the fear that girl felt as her life was leaving her body...I cry for her and my heart is heavy for her family...I pray for her family...God grant them some kind of peace.
Not Far From Home

Lewisville, IN

#160 May 24, 2007
Remove the parts he likes best. Leave him in a room full of people with broom sticks and let them have their way with him. Beat him to a inch of his life and allow him to wollow in his self pity an pain...then chain him down and let his wounds fester and let him rot. No food. No water. No tv. No bed. Just him and his suffering. Nothing fast or painless. Long and hard for the crimes he did.
Those that like to prey on children and those that rape God help ya and pray that he stands in the way of those you piss off.
Apiarist

Indianapolis, IN

#161 May 24, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the impression that in considering bail, that further danger to society, was a factor in deciding such? Is that just TV?
Yes, that is one of the factors in determining the AMOUNT of the bail. It can't be used to deny bail.

I said earlier that criticizing the judge for the amount of the bail might be a fair criticism. It's all the posters here who say bail shouldn't be granted who misunderstand the system.

Since: May 07

Yorktown, Indiana

#162 May 24, 2007
Very Sad Friend wrote:
Ok she txt messaged me at 8-15 on monday night and said she was going to take her friend home and then i txted her back and she never answered how do you think that feels for me i was talking to her 10 mins before it happened.
My son was talking to her on the phone right before this happened also, she told him she was going to walk a friend home and then call him back. He tried to call her but she didnt answer, she had already been murdered. Very Sad Friend, I see how my son feels, and there are no words to describe what you feel, my heart goes out to you, the family and everyone affected by this tragedy. I watch my son pick up his phone to call her out of habit, then realizes she is gone, there are no words to describe the pain and suffering this has caused to many many people. Tarra was a very special young lady, she has touched many hearts. R.I.P. Tarra, you ARE missed sweet angel.
gabby

Winchester, IN

#163 May 25, 2007
she's my babygurl and i'll never forget her..i hope leonard rotts in hell for wat he did to the one person in this world that meant so much to me...
..........RIP TARRA......
Scan

Glendale, CA

#165 May 25, 2007
vergrim2005 wrote:
I am appalled at this tragedy. I heard of the Dickeys clan in Connersville, thay basically are all white trash!!!!!!!!!! He should have had his manhood chopped off the day he served his first prison sentence. I am for capital punishment, and I do stand firm on this thing. If this were my daughters, I would have gotten my gun, shoot him point-blank, and sit in prison for the satisfaction of ridding the world of sick mofos like Dickey. May God be with her family. May Dickey burn in HELL!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe something should be done to the Dickey clan!!
michael

Erlanger, KY

#166 May 27, 2007
i am from pershing indiana right down the street from cambridge city indiana i think that low life sex affender shouldnt of been released or shouldnt be out on bond that low life that got out of prison and killed that 16 yr old girl he should get the death penalty but death penalty is a real quick thing it is like puttin him out of his missery i think he should be torcherd like he did her and basically a slow death
Jo Lynn

Ashburn, VA

#167 Jun 4, 2007
Why is it when someone can get charged with possesion of marijuana or public intoxication spend more jail time then child molesters/ rapist? It's ridiculous! If he is a repeated sex offender, why did they let him out in the first place? OPEN YOUR EYES GOVENMENT!! REPEATED .. Meaning not going to stop! My opinion is that if your going to hurt a child, you should spend the rest of your life in jail! No bond, no nothing. My hopes & prayers go to Tarra Picketts Family.

“Sanity is over rated”

Since: Jun 07

Connersville

#168 Jun 9, 2007
I am presently circulating a petition to take to our law makers...it basicaly asks that 2nd time offenders NOT be granted bail or bond, and asks for longer mandatory sentences for 1st time offenders. which means they wouldnt get credit for good behavior, if sentenced to 5 yrs they would have to do 5 yrs instead of 2 1/2 yrs....

if anyone is interested in walking door to door and getting signatures in any community across the state of indiana you can contact me...the online petition is a great idea but im afraid because of state statutes and laws our lawmakers wont take heed of it, or may not be able to use it.

My friend and I have been walking the streets of Connersville and at present have over 1,000 signatures from our small community. To really make the lawmakers take notice we really need every community in the state to submit either this petition or one similar to it.
Billie Earlywine
My email addy is...billieland71@yahoo.com
feel free to email me.
seeing is believing

Clayton, IN

#169 Jun 9, 2007
Sick of repeat offenders wrote:
Once a pediphile/sex offender ALWAYS a pediphile/sex offender!! When will the government realize these people canNOT be rehabilitated? They must be locked up/sent away/discarded/flushed from society. Another poor innocent child has been murdered. My prayers to her family.
I so much agree and it is very frustrating and maddening to see this dispicable crime; after one 'strike' they should NEVER be given the second chance ,PERIOD!!
Nikki

Alexandria, VA

#170 Jun 28, 2007
I think that any old female or male that touches children in there private parts should be tormented to death..... It is very gross to watch teens geting raped by older people ......
NO Brainer

AOL

#171 Jul 8, 2007
If I read the article correctly, he was sent to prison for 20 years, in 1982 and released in October 2005. He served 3 years more than he was sentenced to. Thats a very good sign that this THING was not profiting from his sentence.
As far as I can see, he has had his chance and now is the time for him, and the Bail Bondsman, to pay for the crime.
I am very, very sorry for the loss of that young child. This guy has to be able to meet Jesus and the law should make the arrangements for that meeting.
I SAW HERE LAST

Sacramento, CA

#172 Feb 26, 2010
My name is Tiffany Faber I was the last person to see Tarra a live. She was a good person and no one needed to do this to her. She was the kind of person that everyone loved. To all the people who care thank you and to WHATEVER FUCK YOU YOUR SICK JUST LIKE HIM.
You can write me at Tiffany_Faber@hotmail.com
hey

United States

#173 Feb 26, 2010
when did this happen
just to say this

United States

#174 Feb 26, 2010
ya an to everyone that is ricky dickeys dad that done that to her same one marred to jen abrams thats gross an she thanks someone wonts her man

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#175 Feb 26, 2010
he shouldn't get the death penalty thats too good for him.
he deserves to be put in a hole and left to rot.
let him die of starvation, dehydration, lack of oxygen. letting him sit in a jail and get food everyday and something to drink, and being able to
even look at anyone is to good for this scum.

he doesn't deserve the easy way out.
yeah maybe it's not up to the courts or whatever
about the bail...but the judge and everyone involved in letting that dirtbag get another chance
should have to pay for what they did to her.
they should have sent his ass to prison for life.
or just take all rapists/murderers/child molesters and drop their asses off on a completely deserted island. let them fend for themselves.
better yet.
i never met her but i know her family...
no one should have to have anything like this happen to their child.
Josh Randall

Minneapolis, MN

#176 Feb 26, 2010
With our current system in dealing with these types of offenders what winds up happening is the state takes a garden variety child molester and turns them into a murderer. First time they get a slap. Next time some time in stir. Now they know if they are caught again it's bye bye for a long, long time so to cover their tracks they must kill.
There seems to be no cure for this sick disorder, for the men or the women so I say one strike and you are out. Knowing this they may still kill the first time but two or more other children will be spared molestation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 2 min Princess Hey 14,164
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 4 min Princess Hey 10,923
Trey wylie 1 hr Super foe 3
California AB 2943 4 hr General Lafayette 1
Alexis wylie 7 hr Hottie 6
4 Word Phrase - Game (Nov '13) 7 hr Princess Hey 2,907
food word game (Nov '10) 8 hr Fairydust 5,183

Connersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Connersville Mortgages