Unemployment Extensions Granted

Posted in the Connersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sop-wc

Peoria, IL

#1 Jan 1, 2013
Legislation passed which will provide for extended unemployment insurance benefits beyound the 26 week base period for 2013. Is this enabling failure or beneficial for those who do not want to search for employment? Does this extension really assist long term unemployment insurance recipients?
Saved for Now

United States

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Guess that just means that the bicentennial can progress, rather than turning it into a ghost town. I got to believe that the rest of the United States is keeping Connersville alive.
fact

Connersville, IN

#4 Jan 1, 2013
Keeping unemployment insurance going is one of the best ways to help get the economy going again.
You know who

Beverly Shores, IN

#5 Jan 1, 2013
fact wrote:
Keeping unemployment insurance going is one of the best ways to help get the economy going again.
This is pure bull Putting people to work will get it going again. Handouts simply create the entitlement mentality.
Fact

Connersville, IN

#6 Jan 1, 2013
Fact

Connersville, IN

#7 Jan 1, 2013
Charlie

Greenwood, IN

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Use you extra time on unemployment to collect disability too.

Once you get disability...keep collecting unemployment like 100,000+ Americans did last year. Nothing happened to them. Ca$$$H in now on the entitlement gravy train.
Randy

Connersville, IN

#9 Jan 2, 2013
I quit my job to get on all the obama free stuff yahoo
Ronald

United States

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Don't forget a new obama phone. I love my galaxy 3s
Boss

Trenton, NJ

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Fact wrote:
It supports those not wanting to work and reinforces the behaviors of not looking for work and not working.
My reply: eat a dick on rye bread
conner corner

Goshen, IN

#13 Jan 2, 2013
Try to enjoy living in a country that is broke and can still support it's citizens.

Pretty cool, I think.
Barry O

Connersville, IN

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Boss wrote:
<quoted text>
My reply: eat a dick on rye bread
Spit it out and I will.
wondering

Brookville, IN

#15 Jan 2, 2013
If you enable anything long enough it will in the end become unable to do for itself. I fed my cat to much now it has quit hunting for mice.
wondering

Brookville, IN

#16 Jan 2, 2013
During the Great Depression unemployed workers could get Government hand outs but only after doing community work. Lots of public works projects were performed during this time. When jobs aren't available simply giving people money to sit on their azz does any good for them nor the rest of a community.
buzz

Goshen, IN

#17 Jan 2, 2013
I've now been paid unemployment five years longer than I actually ever worked. I love this country.
Yes facts

Fort Wayne, IN

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Fact wrote:
It supports those not wanting to work and reinforces the behaviors of not looking for work and not working.
you are full of shit ! People didn't ask to get laid off . They have to look for jobs on and fill out apps on web sites so there's a trace the employment office can check . I worked and my employer paid in to my employment . Fact! People need unemployment people can't lose a job and have nothing oh my bad there's welfare and food stamps .
NeedWork

Peoria, IL

#19 Jan 3, 2013
If you are referencing the web site for unemployment and the job search site, they are not monitored! A person collecting unemployment for nearly two years picks employer addresses out of the phone book or off the internet, enters the information to the system and they have never checked to see if the truth is being told. Long term unemployment should not be permitted!$390.00 a week forever and beng paid cash under the table for work makes for a lucrative revenue stream . Just how many people are doing this anyway?
Duh

Connersville, IN

#20 Jan 3, 2013
Imagine what the crime rate would do if the extension was rejected!
Fact

Connersville, IN

#21 Jan 3, 2013
Wrong It is not an Obama phone. The first Cell phone plans started during Pres. Bush time in office and the whole Lifeline thing start way back in they 80's. And You don't get a free galaxy 3 either.
Ronald wrote:
Don't forget a new obama phone. I love my galaxy 3s
Duh

Connersville, IN

#23 Jan 3, 2013
Some people abuse the system and some are in dire need of it. Take away the gas used to drive to work and the abusers find they can live off the system with money left for beer and other JUNK! Just check out the bars, they are full of the unemployed saying they can't find a job. Well losers, sitting on a bar stool, you will never find a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP squashes Clinton in debate 3 hr Al Bion 8
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 6 hr _Zoey_ 9,153
Keep A Word, Drop A Word (Mar '10) 6 hr _Zoey_ 12,021
Five letter word game (Jan '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 7,380
Asphalt sealant on 18th street 6 hr Al Bion 1
R.I .P Matt Westerman 6 hr Vector aka Victor... 9
sam creech from centerstone 7 hr Dude 5

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance