Pretzel Maker

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Apr 23, 2008
Does anyone know if Connersville has an ordinance
pertaining to barking dogs?
LITFA

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 23, 2008
Yes there is an ordinance. All dogs are allowed to bark until 10 P.M. Then the mayor gets out his giant doggie remote control and hits the mute button.
Well

AOL

#3 Apr 23, 2008
Pretzel Maker wrote:
Does anyone know if Connersville has an ordinance
pertaining to barking dogs?
Call the Mayor's office. They'll get right on it.
HUH

Bensenville, IL

#4 Apr 23, 2008
I dont think that there is an ordinance. You cant tell your dog to stop barking. All dogs bark and I think that people need to get over it. I know that people have a problem with my little dog barking. Well im sorry im not going to tell my dog to stop barking. HE IS A DOG! Dogs bark!
Well

AOL

#5 Apr 23, 2008
HUH wrote:
I dont think that there is an ordinance. You cant tell your dog to stop barking. All dogs bark and I think that people need to get over it. I know that people have a problem with my little dog barking. Well im sorry im not going to tell my dog to stop barking. HE IS A DOG! Dogs bark!
If he is barking and annoying people or keeping them awake, he is a nuisance. I think there are laws against that.
LITFA

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 23, 2008
Shock collars work better than telling them to stop barking. I think it's easier for them to understand.
HUH

Bensenville, IL

#7 Apr 23, 2008
My dog barks during the day when he sees people that is the only time at night he does not bark. So therefore NO he is not a nuisance. Shock Collars will never be put on my dog he is a tiny dog. His bark isnt even loud. My dog is like a watch dog if someone is outside being loud he will bark.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9 Apr 23, 2008
As for barking dogs, I call the police three times. After that, I take care of it myself.
Wicked witch

Columbia, MD

#10 Apr 23, 2008
HUH wrote:
Screw you and your little dog too!
HUH

Bensenville, IL

#11 Apr 23, 2008
Oh Ok Bluto! Sorry I dont have a fat neck so you need to shut your mouth. I have a toy poodle and its too tiny to put a shock collar on it. So next time you open your FAT MOUTH you need to think about others.
Georgie

United States

#12 Apr 23, 2008
I have my dog trained to only bark at illegal Mexicans.
LITFA

Columbus, OH

#13 Apr 23, 2008
HUH wrote:
My dog barks during the day when he sees people that is the only time at night he does not bark. So therefore NO he is not a nuisance. Shock Collars will never be put on my dog he is a tiny dog. His bark isnt even loud. My dog is like a watch dog if someone is outside being loud he will bark.
Ok. We get it. YOUR dog is a little angel. Do you feel you are being singled out? I have 2 little dogs also. I love dogs. That being said, there are dogs that bark at all hours of the night. If there isn't an ordinance strictly related to dogs barking, I am sure there is one for noise in general.
HUH

Bensenville, IL

#14 Apr 23, 2008
Lol than thats a good watch dog lol!
annoyed

Ashburn, VA

#15 Apr 23, 2008
i live in a neighborhood full of barking dogs. it is sooo annoying, they bark for absolutley no reason. i love animals but these dogs just need to shut up...period. and another thing, why would one get a dog just to put it in a fence or on a chain, that is so cruel. how would you like to be confined like that? and this is true about the police, they do nothing. really i don't blame the dogs i blame the owners for not controling thei dogs. when i work 3rd shift and cant sleep during the day cause of barking dogs it makes me want to put my 5 foot 1000 watt speakers outside of the owners bedroom window at 2am!!!!!!!!!!
Pretzel Maker

Ellicott City, MD

#16 Apr 23, 2008
There is a dude in our neighborhood that ties his dog to a tree in the front yard of his house. No food, shelter or water anywhere. This dog barks constantly.
whay

Bradenton, FL

#17 Apr 23, 2008
Pretzel Maker wrote:
There is a dude in our neighborhood that ties his dog to a tree in the front yard of his house. No food, shelter or water anywhere. This dog barks constantly.
This sounds like a case which should be brought up to the humane society.
dogs best friend

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2008
I think if a dog is barking loud and constantly in the middle of the night, the owner should put the dog inside, so THEY are the only ones who have their sleep interupted. People are the problem, a dog is just a freakin dog. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE dogs, they taste like chicken.
Well

AOL

#19 Apr 23, 2008
"...why would one get a dog just to put it in a fence..."

My dogs are in a fenced yard with room to run. They have dog houses with door flaps, an overhang for shade and a ramp to a platform on top of the houses where they sit and survey their kingdom. Nothing wrong with fencing dogs if you do it right.

Greenwood, IN

#20 Apr 23, 2008
there is no ordinance of any kind,i was talking to an officer the other day and he said as long as the dogs have food,water and shelter there is nothing that can be done about them.he said i should go talk to the dogs owner and work it out.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#21 Apr 23, 2008
annoyed wrote:
i live in a neighborhood full of barking dogs. it is sooo annoying, they bark for absolutley no reason. i love animals but these dogs just need to shut up...period. and another thing, why would one get a dog just to put it in a fence or on a chain, that is so cruel. how would you like to be confined like that? and this is true about the police, they do nothing. really i don't blame the dogs i blame the owners for not controling thei dogs. when i work 3rd shift and cant sleep during the day cause of barking dogs it makes me want to put my 5 foot 1000 watt speakers outside of the owners bedroom window at 2am!!!!!!!!!!
You can buy earplugs to muffle the sounds you hear or move into the country. I would rather dogs be behind a fence ( not chanined up) than running around all over town and into the streets etc. My dogs poo in my yard and I clean it up not like most people who walk their dog and wherever the poo lands is where it stays.

My dogs only bark when someone comes around my house. I am glad they bark. Good watch dogs. Good burglar alarms. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lets hire 5000 more cops 13 min Anonymous 4
Connersville Gangstalkers 18 min Anonymous 4
Gangstalking is real 21 min Anonymous 1
Mayor 26 min CommonCents 10
Trump 1 hr CommonCents 190
Gummi Bears 2 hr Timmy 1
4 Word Phrase - Game (Nov '13) 4 hr Fairydust 1,537

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance