Mickey

Salem, WI

#1 Apr 22, 2012
Is Mickey's closed or not? If they are closed I am assuming all that work they did on the building next door - that was supposed to be their bbq/drive through - is finished too. What a waste if money.
Elle

Madison, IN

#2 Apr 22, 2012
They are renovating upstairs over the RESTAURANT..and plan to move there. Never home so putting their home up for sale..then will be hiring new employees and reopening up hopefully soon.
wishful thinking

United States

#3 May 23, 2012
We have all hear that opening soon before from Mickey's. The last time it took 3 years to open soon.
OH YES

United States

#4 May 23, 2012
I think Mickey is a better renovater than a business person.He does what he's good at and puts off what he's not.
Storm

Morocco, IN

#5 May 24, 2012
All the people I have talked to that worked for him say he is a big jerk.
Eddie

United States

#6 May 24, 2012
He must be loaded to waste all that money.

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 May 25, 2012
They are good people and are hard workers and they expect the same from their employees. They will be opening as soon as they finish the upstairs. I am sure there are a lot of disgruntled employees but the work ethic here has gone downhill. He just wants things done properly.
They are also opening a branch restaurant in Centerville. He opened too soon last time and wasn't prepared and wants to get it right this time. Hope he finds good workers this time.
We need a good restaurant here. People get tired of driving to Indy,Cincy or Richmond.
what the ell

Franklin, IN

#8 May 25, 2012
his best bet is to get people that want to work, the service was the worst in town. the owners son is the JERK!!! we had dinner their one nite before they closed and the food was cold, we complained but he didnt even take any off the price of the meal. will not be back
What

Richmond, IN

#9 May 25, 2012
indycorvette wrote:
They are good people and are hard workers and they expect the same from their employees. They will be opening as soon as they finish the upstairs. I am sure there are a lot of disgruntled employees but the work ethic here has gone downhill. He just wants things done properly.
They are also opening a branch restaurant in Centerville. He opened too soon last time and wasn't prepared and wants to get it right this time. Hope he finds good workers this time.
We need a good restaurant here. People get tired of driving to Indy,Cincy or Richmond.
I think they are good people.....but....they have absolutely no business in the restaurant business. They do not know how to manage it.....food and service was terrible.
2high

Carthage, IN

#10 May 25, 2012
Beef manhattan is like $7.00 or $8.00 there that's way too much. It was ok but not worth that.
The way I see it

Connersville, IN

#11 May 27, 2012
My wife and I have eaten at Miceky's severl times. In general, the food was okay. The biggest problem I had with the place was the teeter/totter booths. Every time the person sitting behind you even twitched you got a ride out of it. Very unplesant. Also there is not enough room at the so called salad bar. I was trying to get a pickle once and after about five or six close passers by I had to go outside for a smoke. As for the service........well it varried. It seemed that no one stayed around long enough to figure out how to organize and manage the floor. All the young girls were running their asses off and getting nowhere.
Food service is a tough business. I know because we once owned and operated a small place of our own. Most folks who are out for an evening meal are not in a big rush. They are more interested in getting a fine meal at a fair price and not have to suffer a boat ride or mugging in the process.
So If you are reading this Mickey, take heed.
new way

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Jun 3, 2012
what the ell wrote:
his best bet is to get people that want to work, the service was the worst in town. the owners son is the JERK!!! we had dinner their one nite before they closed and the food was cold, we complained but he didnt even take any off the price of the meal. will not be back
how much do you eat of it then tell them you dont like it hell i have seen one bite left and they say i didnt like it not saying thats what you did but it is hard to just give food or money away there are alot of low lifes out for free food see it all the time ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do people take Pastor Lovett Seriously 13 min HighHo 12
Car into John Conner statue 47 min Nobodys chasing m... 8
In need of help with adoption 56 min Reality Check 17
Connersville's Best Recovery Success Stories 57 min Lauren Reeves 7
Trump 1 hr Legendfist 55
Men in Cville 1 hr Angela 1
Just say where Denise Pflum is 1 hr Dead in the head 1
Biggest pos in town...GO!! 2 hr Over it 22

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web