25th Street thief
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
angry

Rushville, IN

#1 Nov 18, 2012
It pisses me off when someone takes advantage of people or organizations trying to help those that realy needs the help. A friend of mine was helping at a church recently that was giving out shoes for those in need. The 25th street thief had someone to take her over to that church. She gave a big sob story and she got several pairs of shoes free. She then got on her computer and had those for sale. She does this all the time. Another church gave her daughter a baby shower and she sold about everything she got. Don't say she needed the money. Over $3000 in benefits plus food stamps, free books, free lunches, Cleaners, her mothers' Social Security and now money and benefits for her daughter, the baby and the live in boyfriend (that is very able to work)comes in. Please don't help her by buying anything she has for sale. I won't give her name but I know 99% know who she is. She's never worked a day in her life and never will as long as our great society continues to supports the likes of her. I work my ass off for what I earn to support my family and I'm proud of it. I quit giving to any group that she gets helps from. I'll find someone myself that can use anything I can give. Please do the same. She'll be begging for help for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then turn around and sell all of that.
LnL

Connersville, IN

#2 Nov 18, 2012
angry wrote:
It pisses me off when someone takes advantage of people or organizations trying to help those that realy needs the help. A friend of mine was helping at a church recently that was giving out shoes for those in need. The 25th street thief had someone to take her over to that church. She gave a big sob story and she got several pairs of shoes free. She then got on her computer and had those for sale. She does this all the time. Another church gave her daughter a baby shower and she sold about everything she got. Don't say she needed the money. Over $3000 in benefits plus food stamps, free books, free lunches, Cleaners, her mothers' Social Security and now money and benefits for her daughter, the baby and the live in boyfriend (that is very able to work)comes in. Please don't help her by buying anything she has for sale. I won't give her name but I know 99% know who she is. She's never worked a day in her life and never will as long as our great society continues to supports the likes of her. I work my ass off for what I earn to support my family and I'm proud of it. I quit giving to any group that she gets helps from. I'll find someone myself that can use anything I can give. Please do the same. She'll be begging for help for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then turn around and sell all of that.
obama has her back
I know

Churubusco, IN

#3 Nov 18, 2012
I know so many people that do the same thing. A lady active in first baptist church does the same thing. Gets disability, hud, fiid stamps and all free medical care and then pretends she does not have any money and people feel sorry for her and give to her instead of the ones who really could use it. She really does not have any expenses since the goverment does it all!!
Sunday Slacker

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Nov 18, 2012
"Gets disability"

A doctor and the government sets the eligibility for 'disability'. Blame the government and the medical profession or quit your job and join the party.
cvillegirl

Peoria, IL

#5 Nov 18, 2012
Then stop her!!! Do something about it!!! People like this peson(whoever she is) ruin it for others that really need and are thankful for the help. Why does the certain organization keep giving her help if they know she is selling it?
Jenni Jo

Connersville, IN

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Lol so funny, I will be the one who gets the blame for starting this thread, as I just had words with these people regarding this matter. Rest assured however, the churches, Salvation Army and other area organizations are and will continue to be aware of their decieving behavior!!! I also will not post names on here, but it so nice to know there are others out there aware of this!! Don't let me be the only person to report them....Call and tell them their names just as I have and maybe they will do something about it!! I'm sure they need more then just one person to tell them what's happening.
Laurel

Grissom Afb, IN

#7 Nov 18, 2012
Walters/Zerr/whatever she goes by now?
lol

United States

#8 Nov 18, 2012
Nasty Leona Walters is who she is talking about. They are always looking for free handouts.
bushy

Churubusco, IN

#9 Nov 18, 2012
I know wrote:
I know so many people that do the same thing. A lady active in first baptist church does the same thing. Gets disability, hud, fiid stamps and all free medical care and then pretends she does not have any money and people feel sorry for her and give to her instead of the ones who really could use it. She really does not have any expenses since the goverment does it all!!
If she draws disability I don't see how she gets free healthcare and hud goes by your income so I'm sure she is paying some on rent plus you have medicare part D to pay for plus your medicare. You try living on it and see how easy it is. You complainers are all alike if its so great why aren't you on it??? I'll tell you why you see how she lives or where she lives and you don't want to live like that so thank god he gave you an able body to go to work count your blessings everyday getting old sux and you feel helpless and ashamed and then you have to read this kind of bull on here. The world is a cruel place.
cvillegirl

Peoria, IL

#10 Nov 18, 2012
How about too many people judge on here.. Yes the world is a cruel place. I count my blessings everyday that I am alive, have a great family, and a roof over my head. I am young and I would hate to live like some of the elderly do on a fixed income, that would suck!! My point is just like in my previous post, if there is someone taking advantage of the system report them!
coondog

Richmond, IN

#11 Nov 18, 2012
prove she is guilty of this crime and she will be charged. This is a crime of fraud. I hate people like this. They need to be stopped. Set her up like ruff does their sting operations. By reporting her to the church won't do much good. She has gotten by with this for so long she must be comfortable performing this crime... Video and Audio recordings along with witnesses to the crime is all you need. Its not Obama's fault that we have worthless people ripping off charities... All of us has moral obligations to stop such acts if we can. Even if the prosecutor won't follow thru and make the charge stick you can blast away thru media and let the whole town aware of these crimes... You need prove... Good Luck
wow

Connersville, IN

#12 Nov 19, 2012
angry wrote:
are you afraid to give your name on here oh by the way you needto hide behind the computer

“Cluck Cluck”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 19, 2012
People like this really upset me. I have worked since the age of 15. Only in the past 3 years have I stopped. I haven't applied for disability or received foodstamps. My parents were told when I was 14, and after a major operation, that I was never to work and that children would be impossible. Well I worked despite the pain I was in and have 2 children, all paid for my private insurance. I have never went to the welfare office and cried a sob story to get help. I sucked it up and provided for my family. People need better work ethics and stop thinking they are deserving. Get a job and stop thining that someone else will take care of you. Some people out there truly need help. I have helped families in need myself with money out of my own pocket. Thanks Obama for this welfare generation!
i know

Paris, IL

#14 Nov 19, 2012
bushy wrote:
<quoted text>
If she draws disability I don't see how she gets free healthcare and hud goes by your income so I'm sure she is paying some on rent plus you have medicare part D to pay for plus your medicare. You try living on it and see how easy it is. You complainers are all alike if its so great why aren't you on it??? I'll tell you why you see how she lives or where she lives and you don't want to live like that so thank god he gave you an able body to go to work count your blessings everyday getting old sux and you feel helpless and ashamed and then you have to read this kind of bull on here. The world is a cruel place.
She gets medicaid. All of her many dr visits/tests are FREE. She pays 70.00 month rent and 2.60 for her many scripts. She does not have to pay for medicare. She gets free dental/optical. Check out medicare disability insurance thru the welfare office. She spends a couple monthes out of the year in a warm state. Yeah I would love to be poor like her!!
thinkin

Fort Wayne, IN

#15 Nov 19, 2012
she must be a site i can't stand low life's like that but peps there r alot like that out there in this world and will only get worse
strange

Fort Wayne, IN

#16 Nov 19, 2012
didnt know leona was a zerr i know her sister debbie was
facts

Connersville, IN

#17 Nov 19, 2012
How does someone always know everyone elses business? You truly have no idea of their private lives and business unless you are them. Quit judging unless your glass house is protected.
Not

Connersville, IN

#18 Nov 20, 2012
The Red Hen wrote:
People like this really upset me. I have worked since the age of 15. Only in the past 3 years have I stopped. I haven't applied for disability or received foodstamps. My parents were told when I was 14, and after a major operation, that I was never to work and that children would be impossible. Well I worked despite the pain I was in and have 2 children, all paid for my private insurance. I have never went to the welfare office and cried a sob story to get help. I sucked it up and provided for my family. People need better work ethics and stop thinking they are deserving. Get a job and stop thining that someone else will take care of you. Some people out there truly need help. I have helped families in need myself with money out of my own pocket. Thanks Obama for this welfare generation!
Uh, sorry to burst your little bubble, but this has been a problem long before Obama.
Truth Hurts

Aurora, IL

#19 Nov 22, 2012
OK, Why do you all need to bash someone on topix? Do you guys not have anything better to do than to get on here and start shiit?! If you have a problem with someone say it to their face, Don't go and start posting it on the web, I'm sure we all are adults here so start acting like one!
angry

Rushville, IN

#20 Nov 22, 2012
bushy wrote:
<quoted text>
She can live better than that. She is just nasty. With a slum landlord like she has she doesn't have to clean up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who died yesterday on westren 1 hr So_Sorry 6
Cheating 1 hr Needtano 1
Sarah Ash / Rodney Hall Snitches 1 hr Preach 13
Bria flat butt benjermin 2 hr Dread head 1
Tiffany Pollitt 2 hr Anthony 6
Three Word Phrase - Game (May '13) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,237
End of the Word Game (Nov '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 10,247

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance