First Prev
of 2
Next Last
star

West Lafayette, IN

#23 Jun 14, 2009
i think it is just hilarious how much you hear all the bad things that happen in this hospital,when in reality these are far and few between.why don't we hear about all the good stories and lives that have been saved by this place.every hospital has a bad name in one way or another all because people choose to see the bad things which are few,instead of all the good.
Justa Guy

Edison, NJ

#24 Jun 14, 2009
You got that right! I have worked pretty much every hospital within 50 or 60 miles of here- and I hear sad stories from the locals everywhere I go. They are all pretty much the same, in most fashions- some have better staffing this year, others have better staffing next year. It runs in cycles. For some reason, no matter how good or bad the local hospital is, people want to run it down. Then, folks from the next county want to go there- usually claiming that THEIR local hospital is so bad, that they have to cross county lines for their care.
I do know that When I left FMH, they were on the "downswing", and the place I went to was on the "upswing". I only have word of mouth, on how FMH is doing lately- but it would appear that they are still on the "downswing".
That doesn't mean you can't get some good care there- it only means that some of the little things that are problems [and tend to add up to big things over time!] are more likely to take place.
Because the current administration lends itself to chronic crisis and recurrent panic, this is likely to be a long phase for this hospital. But don't count on any other outfit being truly better on some given day.
areyouforreal

Greenwood, IN

#25 Jun 14, 2009
FRHS may be a great hospital, but the billing department needs to be more organized. I go to a local doctor and my lab work is done at FRHS. For the last two years, I have not been billed for services, I have been sent a notice telling me that I am seriously delinquent. How can I be seriously delinquent when you haven't even sent me a bill stating a due date? I pay my bills on time, and, therefore have an excellent credit record. This has frustrated me to the point that I have chosen to see a doctor out of town for my healthcare, just so I don't have to deal with lab work and the inevitable billing fiasco with FRHS. Has anyone else experienced this with FRHS?
T A W

Chicago, IL

#26 Jun 14, 2009
Our hospital is WORTHLESS, and is the reason my father is dead! He had his kidney removed as a child...he came to the hospital with pneumonia. They he thought he was a drug addict looking for drugs! They kept giving him drugs and didn't check his blood! By the time they checked his blood the pneumonia had reached his blood stream. They moved him to a hospital in Indy, but it was too late! Fayette Memorial Hospital killed my dad!
Splasher

Darien, IL

#27 Jun 14, 2009
Justa Guy wrote:
You got that right! I have worked pretty much every hospital within 50 or 60 miles of here- and I hear sad stories from the locals everywhere I go. They are all pretty much the same, in most fashions- some have better staffing this year, others have better staffing next year. It runs in cycles. For some reason, no matter how good or bad the local hospital is, people want to run it down. Then, folks from the next county want to go there- usually claiming that THEIR local hospital is so bad, that they have to cross county lines for their care.
I do know that When I left FMH, they were on the "downswing", and the place I went to was on the "upswing". I only have word of mouth, on how FMH is doing lately- but it would appear that they are still on the "downswing".
That doesn't mean you can't get some good care there- it only means that some of the little things that are problems [and tend to add up to big things over time!] are more likely to take place.
Because the current administration lends itself to chronic crisis and recurrent panic, this is likely to be a long phase for this hospital. But don't count on any other outfit being truly better on some given day.
For the first time since I have been on topix, I found someone's posts that I totally agree with!
I am not saying the hospital I work with is perfect, but I have been there almost 6 years and I do feel that my boss cares about all of her staff and the well-being of the hospital.
We too have started to feel the effects of the economy. Staffing has been a little tighter than usual and it has been kind of crazy lately.
I do not believe there is a "perfect" hospital.
Fayette has slowed down a lot though. I was there recently with a family member who was having a heart cath done as an outpatient. He was in ambulatory care. There were maybe 4 other patients there the whole 6 hours I was there. Where I work 30-40 patients every day in ambulatory is normal. I guess that goes to show how quickly the economy has declined in Connersville. I think with the right administration that fayette could be a good hospital. It sure does have potential.
RNgirl

United States

#28 Jun 14, 2009
T A W wrote:
Our hospital is WORTHLESS, and is the reason my father is dead! He had his kidney removed as a child...he came to the hospital with pneumonia. They he thought he was a drug addict looking for drugs! They kept giving him drugs and didn't check his blood! By the time they checked his blood the pneumonia had reached his blood stream. They moved him to a hospital in Indy, but it was too late! Fayette Memorial Hospital killed my dad!
Sorry for your loss...but you are a moron. Pnuemonia doesn't "spread to the bloodstream" - sepsis is the term your looking for. NO ONE is ever admitted to the hospital without a baseline blood panel being done...regardless of the diagnosis. Fayette has its issue, which mainly invlove less than par staffing. The administration is too preoccupied with lining their pockets than it is paying quality staff. Therefore, the patient poulation suffers. Good nurse follow to facilities with good pay, and I assure you that does not include Fayette. Visteon workers earned more an hour than a college educated nurse...Give me a break.
On that note, perhaps the union leaders at Visteon will soon add the closing of FRHS to their list of accomplishments. The quality of care has continue to decrease since their closing. Bet tthey wish their precious Union had voted differently now, huh?
Old Timer

United States

#29 Jun 15, 2009
I had a sister in law that died a few years back,she was at F Memorial no less than 10 times,and every time the doctors,yes at least 3 different doctors diagnosed her with multiplesceroliss,(I know I didn't spell that right)she finally got so bad that she went to see a doctor in Indy,he asked her,did anyone ever tell you you have lung cancer,? she replied no.that doctor from Indy told her to get things in order that she didn't have long to live,two days later she died of lung cancer.that's what I know about the Dr's at F Memorial.and don't forget the Rhonda Eldridge case.
Old Timer kiss my scrotum

Ellicott City, MD

#30 Jun 15, 2009
Old Timer wrote:
I had a sister in law that died a few years back,she was at F Memorial no less than 10 times,and every time the doctors,yes at least 3 different doctors diagnosed her with multiplesceroliss
I guess she should have sought help elsewhere. 10 times? duh...
Old Timer

United States

#32 Jun 15, 2009
I hope you never have to go through what she went through,you see I care about human life,even yours.
Facts is Facts

Greenwood, IN

#33 Jun 16, 2009
Old Timer wrote:
I hope you never have to go through what she went through,you see I care about human life,even yours.
Sorry for your loss Old Timer. Just ignore the fuckeye topix trolls on here. All they want to do is aggravate. Don't let them.
happy eyes

Chicago, IL

#34 Jun 16, 2009
You No People im setting back reading all the comments on this stie and all i have to say is we all have ups and downs in or lives with diff people and places but you no have you ever just set back and just prayed about things and if something "s gose wrong 4 you in live there or time "s that you need to look @ it this way God did"t say that we where going to have a easy life ! Live is what you make of it .My Heart gose Out to the family that lose a love one but there is always a reason why things happen .. Sad but ture ......and I no we all have been there in life be thankful 4 what you have in life !
demotivated

Pasadena, MD

#35 Jun 17, 2009
You know you do have the choice to get another opinion when it comes to matters of your health. FRHS isn't the only hosp. in the area.
K Griffey RN

Barrington, IL

#36 Jun 17, 2009
The sad part about FRHS is that they have some really good staff. They have decent equipment. (Yes I work in healthcare, and have done my penance at FRHS as well as Reid, Major, and even methodist). What has always amazed me is how our little hospital wants to be a big hospital. Look at Rushville. A small hospital, with a core staff of well compensated individuals, good if not great equipment, and an administration that cares about their staff. Yet, they are a small hospital, they know it, the people know it and they expect simple home town care. Anything more and you are transferred out to another facillity. Here in Connersville, we have a hospital with underpaid staff, understaffed departments, an administration more worried about their precious flat screen TV's in their offices and the $10,000 water fall that never works. THey advertise like a big hospital and say they have the same services that big hospital have. But what happens is they half-A## everything so that the patient has to be rushed to another facillity to fix something FRHS should not have attempted in the first place. Prime example, we can do a Heart Cath, but if they find even the simplest of problems - out you go to either Ried or the Heart Center because we can't fix it, we just find the problem here. Usually with the cath still in your leg or some other critical peice of equipment that could cause you to bleed out in seconds. Unfortunately this has happened to my family. Came in for a simple chest pain. Doc's convinced us that they could do the heart cath first thing in the morning to take care of the problem. Next day I get a call from dad that my mother is being sent to Reid to fix a blockage. My mom died on the table at Reid. If FRHS would have sent her to Indy or even to Reid right away she might have survived instead of them fiddling around. After all we are taught time is muscle. Maybe she still would have lost the fight, but delaying treatment 12+ hours to play around without fixing anything is ridiculus. And I know, why didn't we insist on the transfer and not go along with the doctors suggestion. Unfortuantely at the time, my father had great faith in FRHS and beleived that FRHS would take care of my mother. The jist of what I am saying is that FRHS needs to concentrate on taking care of the simple stuff and being able to diagnose/treat basic problems before trying to jump up to play with the big boys.
Old Timer

United States

#37 Jun 17, 2009
K Griffey RN,you nailed it.
K Griffey Jr

Ellicott City, MD

#38 Jun 17, 2009
K Griffey RN wrote:
jump up to play with the big boys.
Stay out of the big leagues.
unknown

Bloomington, IN

#39 Feb 1, 2010
Fatal? if your emergency is not fatal then you have to wait.... but my daughter was bron there with no complications so i dont give a crap what you all say. i was happy with my stay there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Druggies? 2 hr Kayte lakes 6
Chicken heads in connerville 2 hr Kayte lakes 33
Kayte Lakes 2 hr Kayte lakes 2
Free Food 4 hr true story dummy 5
Dempsey amy and natasha followers 5 hr All 3
Natasha McHugh needs. Find a job also stop usin... 5 hr All 7
Donald Trump 7 hr tom thumb 58

Connersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance